Friday, June 20, 2025

Hot yet?

My annual bitch of summer.

As you all know, I don't like summer since moving to NC.  It's just too damn hot and humid.  All summer, you hear, "feels like."  Up north, all you'd hear in winter was "wind chill."  Do we really need that info?  I mean if you tell me it's windy and 12 F I know it's damn cold I don't need to hear it will feel like 2F.

Same with heat.  Today, for instance, it's 100.  The feels like is 105.  So what?  
The humidity is at 93%. I know that it's 100 and humid. I don't need to know any more than that. I need to stay indoors until October.   
It is supposed to be in the high 90s and 100s for the foreseeable future. Yippee. 

Now, young Peg would be out there with baby oil soaking up all the sun rays I could and fry my skin.  Old Peg hides now when it's hot and prefers not to fry her skin like a chicken wing. I have a stand-up fan that one attaches a hose to. It oscillates and mists you.  I love it.  The only way to be outside these days in NC.




I have seen photos and videos from around the world on the news and on social media. The world hates this man as much as us.  I am always happy to see the world not support him.



One day when Rick and I were on the boat on the lake this big ole cigarette boat went by at such a high rate of speed it felt like we were going to capsize. I was scared and Rick calmly said,
 "ha,little penis"




7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Love those protest signs!

Jamie Ghione said...

I too, love those protest signs.
The weather in my area has been moderately warm.

Kathy G said...

My area almost set a record for the latest 90 degree day, but overnight it went from just warm to scorching.

For the next two and a half months it will be more of the same.

Cruisin Paul said...

Well my friend, it's going to HOT, HOT, HOT for the next 5 days, high 90's which really means 100. I love your memes. If Trump sends that big bomb to Iran, I think that someone is going to eventually kill him, some one from Iran.

Cruisin Paul

Mike said...

Great collection of signs. I don't think I've seen any of them. I hope the "your next" sign is correct.

Barbara said...

They are all great. Love the girl with the parade if he resigns the most.

Julie H said...

One of my neighbor's posted Trumps tweet "A huge thank you to all the "no kings" protesters yesterday! I was concerned a king was trying to take my place, but thanks to your timeless efforts, I am STILL YOUR PRESIDENT! Great job all." Then she said he's so funny. Like wtf. Can't believe people drink his Kool Aid!