I read that the show Sirens was a dark comedy on Netflix. Julianne Moore was in this, and I love her. Truth be told, I also find dark comedy great.
So imagine my surprise when we sat down to watch this show, it was nowhere near a comedy, dark or otherwise.
I kept saying, "Where is the comedy?"
Did any of you see this? Did you see it as a comedy? I'd really like to know.
Next time up, it was now Rick's turn to pick. He chose Better Sister.
This was NOT a comedy. A murder mystery.
I went back and forth, who was the real bad sister?
And finally, a word on retirement.
We retired 3.5 years ago. It has never felt like it. We were running on a treadmill or a hamster wheel, I suppose.
We thought we'd have all this time to travel, explore, and do things we wanted whenever we wanted. Then life happened. We only had time to keep our heads above water...barely. Stress from illnesses, money woes from illnesses, etc. It was such fun.
His 1 medication is $850 a month? Or, sure, we don't need to eat on top of his other medications.
When we got home from Rick's birthday at the shore, we realized that from now on (hopefully) we will be in retirement. No strokes, chemo, surgeries on spine or colon, PT, or trying to learn to walk or eat, etc. Rick is as well as he is ever going to be. He is self-sufficient more than not. Okay, he forgets to turn off the water, the lights, and the stove, so I hate leaving him alone. (he hates when I say that)
I am feeling as good as I am ever going to at this age. So now we can begin all the things we wanted to do to the house and spend some time doing things for fun. I wish we drank beer because there is a train that takes you to breweries in NC. Too bad it's not wine. We can begin to explore, and hopefully, we will stay just fine for a while or even longer.
19 comments:
Check with your doctor about paying that much for medication. One of Claudia's meds was going to be $2000 a month. I just said nope! What else have you got? They said call this pharmacy number and see if they can help. How about $0 a month? Yep, I took that deal.
Same thing with a med that I'm taking. Different pharmacy, almost same result. $40 a month instead of the original obnoxious price.
I do hope both of you can start that retirement you both deserve. I recently retired myself. I wanted to enjoy some of the time I have left. At this time my husband & I have our health. The past month and half have been wonderful. My hope for you both is a long & healthy retirement.
For me, retirement was great until the pandemic. Now I am alone far too much; many friends have moved to be closer to grandchildren. But as for the movie: Thank you for the warning about the Kevin Bacon movie. The ads look enticing, but I have been dubious so haven't watched it. I always loved a wide variety of movies, but to keep my state of mind intact I am now avoiding a lot of what they are pushing. As for that one in particular, no thanks, I worked closely with excessively wealthy people for 25+ years and don't need that peek behind the curtain. My sister loved to watch Below Deck to see how the other half lives, but it just gives me nightmares.
Nina
Mike,We had one that was $850 now down to $15 thx to the dr. We are working on this one. No one should choose meds to stay alive or live under a bridge
Paula, just enjoy it! It's deserved
I watched Siren and I didn't know it was supposed to be a comedy. I agree it wasn't funny and it wasn't especially dark but it was okay viewing. It took me a while to recognize Kevin Bacon. Boy as he aged! I did like his character though.
Nina, never watch Bravo so it's not my cup of tea.this was creepy. I like realty like great American Bake off. Aside from Rick I'm all alone here too. Never been without friends or making friends. No one is friendly and those my age are 'older' than me. Make sense? Too bad you're not closer.
Jean, thank you! No comedy. 'Kiki' was creepy
I watched the first 5 mins of Sirens and decided it wasn't going to be for me. Haven't seen Better Sister yet. I was waiting for somebody else to watch and review. I think the good as it gets attitude can be a not so bad place to be in. I'm older than yall but I've been there for a while. Not perfect but I can still do what I want if I plan money, health and weather right. It's time you two got a break and were able to enjoy life a little. I'm crossing my fingers that things continue to feel more comfortable as you go along. (insert Heart emoji)
May you have a wonderful retirement from here on! No stress or illness, just fun times!
Truth be told Barbara, Better Sister was better but I wouldn't rave. Perhaps if I hadn't slept through 2 episodes and then saw the end,does mean that I can't give a great review.😁 for some reason I honestly forget I'm old. Until that damn mirror. Delusional is what it's called
Amen!
Sirens left me so confused.... SO CONFUSED.
Yes - I love that - now you can do things fun - focus on that. Lots of adventures ahead & I believe things CAN get better - no matter what doctors say - work on health - physically & mentally for Ricky - for all of us!
Rebecca Jo i just saw on morning TV everyone going ga-ga over this show. It's a head scratcher to me.
I wish I could drink Beer, alcohol and wine. I miss it a great deal. The last time I drank anything alcohol was 50 years ago after my stroke. I take so many pills I can't drink. Have one for me Peg.LOL
Cruisin Paul
We had the same thing for a med for my son
Here's to staying healthy and enjoying life a bit!!
An "older" friend of mine once said, "golden years, my a**", after retirement. I hope you both can start truly enjoying your retirement from now on!
Abby, your friend is correct!
Post a Comment