For a girl who doesn't have allergies I'm sure suffering.
I've been sneezing, wheezing, dealing with very sore throat, plugged ears and a head that feels like it's the size of a basketball. But just in case the powers that be think it's not enough, they added drippy nose and itchy eyes.
Dayquil, Allegra, Flonase, Claritin. If I want to be completely out of misery I can take a benadryl. That could make sleep through a tornado.
Rick, on the other hand, has allergies so he starts his meds in Feb to build up for this. He's not doing too badly right now.
Sunday we did a 2nd round of power washing of the patio and it's furniture. One carpet under our table changed colors in a huge way. Rick said and I quote, "Holy shit it's a different color!"
Yes, pollen down here does that.
We got almost all of it done but both of us were tired and we thought we'd finish Monday.
Thankfully it was a soaking rain day. Yippee. We need the rain badly.
For the drought and the pollen.
I was to have a hearing test Monday. But I feel like my ears are clogged so I called the drs office. She laughed and told me it wasn't a stupid question as I had asked. She said it would be best if I waited until this passes. Hopefully soon. She chatted a bit and told me she never had allergies until she moved her. She was from VA. I told her I was too and I said, "I'm guessing northern VA."
"Why do you assume that?"
"Because you're friendly and professional"
"Well, I fooled you then"
"I'm from Alexandria"
"I knew it"
I can always tell. She answered the phone with a smile, she listened, gave options and was not short with me. Can't ask for much more.
In other fun news I had to hire someone to do my weeding and mulching for me. 45 bags of mulch. I bought everything and tried but not in the cards yet. Besides the 'man' was yelling at me because I was told not to do this.
Fine! I called a few guys and I had it done on Saturday. It looks so much better. Now the lawn hunk comes Wednesday.
Can you say condo?
If retiring, do not buy an acre of land. Too much work! Listen to your wife and get a condo
12 comments:
Enjoy feasting your eyes on that lawn hunk!
I'm going back to having someone else cut my lawn this year. So I can get other stuff done... HA!
As a condo resident I thoroughly enjoy pulling weeds in the common ground if and when I feel like it.
I've heard that allergies in the DMV area are noticeably worse than here, so for you to be suffering where you moved to says something.
I totally plan on condo, have coached the husband accordingly.
I take a pill every day for allergies but every night I sneeze & my eyes are crying every day. Maybe it's because I'm 75 years old. I don't know. Oh well. I hope you'll get better my friend.
Cruisin Paul ( Your Canadian friend )
Thank you, I will. :-)
creeps into the nap time.
Ah, when you feel like it is the key Kathy!!
Abby, good job. I apparently failed big time. Good job.
You want low maintenance. Besides this is your time to play and explore (well for retirees other than me and Rick) Yep the DMV and NC are just a cloud of yellow smog looking skies. It is so damn awful. I wouldn't believe it if I weren't living it.
I don't think it has anything to do with age Paul. So rest assured.
Good idea. We have too much grass here too. Although Scott hates people so he'd hate sharing a wall with someone.
Julie, my hubby hates people too. Well, so does his wife😃
Post a Comment