Saturday, April 12, 2025

Summer Water

The $@!* tariffs are ruining my summer drinking.

I mean we (usa) are on the brink of collapse and I won't be able to drown my sorrows.

What is referred to in our house as 'Peg's summer water' is now going to be too expensive to drink due to these dumb ass tariffs.
Of all the times for liquor and food to be unaffordable is when we as a country are going down. Those are the first things Americans go for in times of stress, liquor and food.

I drink a lot of California red wine but also a lot of other counties like Italy, Portugal,etc.but probably not anymore. 

Come summer time I prefer something lighter. 
My favorite is a French Rosé called Whispering Angel.
It's dry, crisp and refreshing.

I picked up a bottle Thursday while at the grocery store. My husband said to "just use a credit card and buy a case before the price goes up."

First of all no credit cards are being used for liquor for heaven's sake. Can't afford it? Don't need it, is my theory. But, I know come July sitting on the patio I'll wish I had it. 

Damn trump is fucking me over every which way he can.

13 comments:

DB Stewart said...

He's fucking us all over. Sigh.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, it's getting personal now when they tariff the summer water!

Anonymous said...

When my sister identifies a wine she likes, she checks Costco to see if they carry it. If they do, it is automatically 10% off if you buy six bottles. Probably more if you buy a case. Unfortunately, I live in PA so Costco is not permitted to sell alcohol. Bummer.
Nina

bluzdude said...

I'm afraid I'm with Rick on this one. Better to buy cheaper up front than get bled to death bottle by bottle. Bottles in the bank!

Cruisin Paul said...

You know Peg, I think everyone is getting fucked by Trump except Trump himself. What a jerk. Well I'm sorry to say many of the Americans decided to vote for Trump and many of them are getting what they deserved. Some of my friends have children that work in the car industry and are being told don't go to work. I went to get some wine to cook with and the American booze is no longer on the shelves. Your president went and had his physical done. I hope he's very sick but watch, he's probably great. He's insane.


Cruisin Paul

Anonymous said...

Get the fucking wine. Get three cases. Thank me in August.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

🥲

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ha! 🍷

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Nina, I originally found this at Costco but it's no longer there. I have a friend in Winston Salem who I turned on to this wine and she works at Costco. She hasn't seen it there for 2 yrs. But I still look each time I go.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Peer pressure, I may succumb, I'll keep you posted.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Anon, I may just buckle.🍷

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul, we can hope🤞

Kathy G said...

It sucks that your favorite summer liquid refreshment will cost more. However, I would take that as a personal challenge to find an alternate Rosé and have fun trying.