***Sorry, I haven't been around. I'm in a bit of a black hole. Slowly coming out of it, or so I hope.
__________________
One of my favorite movies is Four Seasons. I even watched it a few months ago on Prime or some streaming service. I saw that it came out in 1981, so it's now a classic that is being remade. The original Four Seasons was written and directed by Alan Alda. The entire cast was perfect.
I see where Tina Fey and Steve Carell have revised/updated The Four Seasons. I'll watch because I like the cast. I hope it's got the same heart as the first movie, but after 44 years, it will be 180 degrees different I'm sure.
I like the new cast, and I know I'll watch it, but it's messing with my classic.
During that same time frame, Alan Alda made a movie called Same Time, Next Year. I really loved that movie too.
I tend to like movies where there aren't guns and violence. No men flying with capes or damsels in distress. Just movies about people. People talking and not grunting from being pummeled. Yet nothing makes me happier than a big ole crime show like Dateline and 48 hrs. Yes, the husband did it. :-)
Can you tell I've seen too many of Rick's movies of late? Oh goodness gracious me. I hate what he likes. Found is a TV show that, to me, is dumb as hell. He's in prison, he's out of prison, he's caught again. Come on.
I am not a fan of the movies he likes either. Once at the movie theater, we bought our popcorn and went to different theaters. I had a friend who was so upset by this. I told her, I'm not divorcing him, we're just watching different movies.
I walked out of Private Ryan, I mean if your eyes are closed what is the point? I sat in the lobby with other women who did the same as me. There were as many wives, girlfriends, dates etc in the lobby as in the theater.
We had our own little party in the lobby.
Because Rick is here now underfoot 24/7, oh wait, that's called retirement.
I am prone to watch more of his TV. I read or I play a game that I am entirely addicted to on my phone.
(I think there is a 12-step program in my future for this issue.)
So as he watches all the stuff he likes, I do other things.
I have even been known to watch another TV. ha ha.
But to make it fair, he has to watch baseball, and he's not allowed to root for the opposing team. :-)
It's a rule that had to be made after an ugly 1995 playoff game in Seattle.
In other news since I've been gone.
I am feeling so much better physically that I am doing things that have been neglected for awhile, like cleaning out my fridge. Hate that job but it needed to be done. Then I cleaned out all the bottom cabinets.
When I got sick of indoor chores I went outside. What normally would be a 1 day affair took me a couple of weekends. The pollen was too much for 1 day. Everything was power washed. God I love power washing it's so therapeutic to me. So all the furniture, gazebo and all furniture as well as the patio is now clean and ready for the season.
Then back inside to clean floors.
Then back outside, but on the front porch this time.
The outside looks so much better. The lawn boy was here after all my work, and he just makes everything look so nice. Rick thinks its cute how he flirts with me.
I asked him, "And how were you with older women when you were his age?"
"Oh, I flirt with all women."
"Exactly, and you still do, he is just like you, Rick!"
"Oh no!"
"Oh yes, he's harmless. Besides, I gave him cookies once, so he is nice now, probably hoping for more food."
Then I winked at him and that made him howl with laughter. I mean c'mon, I am no longer being flirted with, sadly. Those days are long gone.
Men get flirted with forever, no matter the age. Women, not so much.
Funny how when I was 23, 33 or 43, I hated men always staring at me, following me, and harassing me.
Now I am invisible. Not so fun. Funny how that works, isn't it?
19 comments:
I have not yet watched Saving Private Ryan, precisely because of the graphic reputation of the D-Day landing in the movie's first half hour. I don't like graphic blood 'n guts.
Debra, you could have joined the rest of us in the lobby who also hated blood and guts. I must say we did have a lot of laughs and one woman had vodka in her purse and was filling others pop/soda containers. It became a party where the manager came over to ask us all what was going on. :-)
My wife and I have legally separate TVs. It just makes sense, haha.
I would not have a clue if someone were flirting with me. I have no radar for this. Just sayin.
I love Alan Alda and I've seen M*A*S*H reruns dozens of times as that series was my husband's favorite go-to.
Felt obligated to watch 'Saving Private Ryan' because those guys during that war had to live or die through it...the least I could do is bare witness, I thought at the time.
Glad to see you back in the blogger's land.
It's good to hear from you and know that you're feeling well enough to chase boys again. ;)
I watch my own stuff. I have my own TV, DVD player and space to do so. I know it looks like we don't hang out much, but Eric has the stuff he likes, so do I. Instead of one of us hating what's on, we do our own thing.
It was so good to hear about the the improvement in your health. Not unusual for partners to not share the same TV/movies tastes. Often I am using my tablet while hub is watching something I have no interest in.
Exactly Paula!!
Ami, I now will be doing same 🫠
Hi Jean. I watch M*A*S*H most mornings at 9a on TV land. After Rick's stroke I needed mindless and not heavy news. 2nd cup of coffee and 30 minutes with Hawkeye.😁
DB, oh your wife will tell you who's flirting w/you. Ha ha🤣
Saving Private Ryan is a great movie after you get past the first scenes. I saw it from the comfort of my family room, by myself, and distracted myself with a craft project until things settled down.
Same theater, different movies - great idea! I'm not into military movies either, but my husband is. Same with books. He used to read a lot of Tom Clancy, so I tried one. OMG, no thanks.
Glad to hear you're feeling better!
Oh I don't care for Clancy either!!
Oh my goodness Peg. I'm finally back to the living. I've been out for two weeks after getting burnt with boiling water over my right hand & leg. It's been bad for two weeks and it's finally now getting better. The pain was so bad. People tell me that burns are the worst and after now I totally agree with them.
I hope that you are getting better also. See you my friend.
Cruisin Paul
I watch most things by myself on my laptop in my sewing room. I will fall asleep just sitting and watching a movie on the couch. Being fat works like getting old most of the time. When I was skinny for a bit I actually got stalked by a neighbor a bit and that was scary. Almost safer to be fat ;)
Lol. Fat and old, got it!!
Paul, so sorry to hear this. That is awful pain. Take care of yourself and let Mrs. Paul nurse you!
So glad you are feeling better. I also loved Same Time Next Year and keep hoping they will run it now that they are showing The Four Seasons (which I also love and recently rewatched). I abhor war movies but similar to someone's comment above, i made myself go to the cinema to see Apocolypse Now when it came out, which seemed only fair since guys my age had to live it. My favorite war movie is The Best Years of Our Lives, which focuses instead on the varied experiences of soldiers returning home after WWII. It was made in 1945, so a very realtime look at that society.
Nina
Nina, thank you. I am thankful the draft ended before my friends had to go.
Post a Comment