Friday, March 31, 2023

Friday.

Some musings of my week - 
Yesterday was a good retirement day.
It's this kind of thing when I realize I am retired and it's not about just doctor appointments.
I watched Opening Day of baseball in the middle of the day.
I wasn't so ill that I couldn't sit up and watch it to really get into the game. 
Everything worked out just perfectly. We even won.
I don't think there will be a lot of that this year but it's a nice way to start.
Especially with Boston losing. I always love to see that and the cheatin' Astros lose. But enough of my baseball pettiness.

Rick is now so damn sore it's funny. His wrist was sore yesterday. 
He moans when he sits and moans louder when he gets up.
I made a sick comment about his sore wrist and while he laughed he said, "I wish, but it's the way I was holding the drill and yada yada yada."  
I didn't hear it all but I knew what he was referring to. 
He said it feels very good to be so active again. Apparently, standing at the lathe making jewelry boxes, bowls, etc is not so tricky on one's body. 
He says he misses this kind of labor. 
Oh heavens, I don't, but good on you Rick. 

Lowes called and now we get the big posts on Monday. 
They called at 6:30am. Rick was still asleep and I look at who was calling on his phone and if I should pick up. I saw it was Lowes so I picked up.
After the news I received, I told him he should be thankful he was speaking with me and not Rick this morning. 
I too was livid, I just speak far more kindly than Rick would be speaking to him about now.
Rick is at a standstill on finishing the deck and fence, can't get more done until he has these posts and he is so angry about this. 
I kind of think it's a nice reprieve on his body. 
So he is not working on the deck on Friday but in his workshop. 
Saturday will be very high winds and rain so no work outside on Saturday. 
I think by Monday he will feel great and then get to do it all again. 

We actually had the last landscaper who arrived last week on the day scheduled and within 5 minutes of the scheduled time - How about that?
He sent the estimate via email within 24 hrs just as he promised. 
Again, Imagine that will ya!  I called immediately after downloading the contract and signing it. I paid the deposit of 50% and we are scheduled on April 14th. They tell you all the things that can make this change like the weather to CYA themselves and I understand. Then they sent me a paid receipt for my deposit. All professional and nice to work with. I pray they continue this streak of professionalism and show up to do the job.
Fingers crossed!

I have to go to Walmart today. I don't care for Walmart.
I never went to Walmart in my life but once. My dad was a Walmart greeter.
Oh the stories he would tell me. Some offensive but that was my father.
One day he said to Rick he saw a woman with all these kids she is trying to wrestle into carts and grab their hands and he went to help her. He said when he saw her she was so fat and ugly he couldn't understand how she got those kids. OMG. Rick said something to him about it not being nice and my father made a grunting noise and poo-pooed Rick. 
Anyhoo, I went to see him at the store once.
Otherwise, I was not a Walmart shopper.

Sadly upon moving here that is less than 2 miles from my house so I tend to go a lot now. Oh, it's a fascinating place. I think this is a hillbilly haven.
I should be sending Rick, this is their home base it appears to me.

OH, the things you see there. Rick still talks about the woman who used duct tape to hold her buttons closed on her blouse. 
Anyway, neither Rick nor I can get our health insurance to cover our thyroid medication. So without insurance even good rx is more than Walmart so we go to Walmart and pay $20 instead of $65. Rick's is a higher dose so he pays even more but still far less than his original $95 for 30 days.
Insurance doesn't cover it because it is not a pharmaceutical pill like Synthroid. You know they grease the palms of congress so you know how it works. Too bad that drug didn't work for me because it is cheap. Oh well.

Wish me luck. If nothing else I can take photos of poorly dressed individuals with duct tape holding them together for your entertainment. 😁

9 comments:

Mike said...

You should be having a blogger field day at this Walmart. You need to rig up a sneaky camera so you don't get caught.

Ami said...

Have you checked out CostPlus drugs? They don't take insurance. I have an eczema cream that is almost 90 bucks WITH insurance! CostPlus sells it to me for 8 bucks. Same with the anti-inflammatory I take. Worth a look anyway.

Haha, one of my friends gave me a coloring book of People of WalMart. I didn't color any of it, I gave it to Goodwill, but it was pretty funny. Guessing you've seen the People of walmart website.

Lowe's here is also staffed by idiots.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I can't believe you have to pay so much for thyroid meds. I've been taking it since I was 15 and I always believed it was one of the cheapest medications out there. It's going to make you mad but I only paid $5 for three months worth.

I never go into Walmart because of who the owning family supports politically but if they were the only game in town, I'd have to cave. Some small towns around MI they are the only choice for a big box store. Good blog fodder though.

Cruisin Paul said...

I feel so bad that you & Rick are treated so bad dealing with your meds. I've heard that in the US it was expensive. Well here in Canada it's starting to change just like the US. They no longer care about us as people, just money. Sorry about that Peg.


Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, you only pay $5 because you take a pharmaceutical. If I took cytomel. Synthroid, or Levothyroxine/Levoxyl (sp?) I'd pay $3or less. Those don't work for us. We both need T3 and T4. Those are only 1 or the other. Stinks, but better than not feeling well I suppose.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, yes this is not listed at CostPlus. I am beginning to think everyone is just an idiot when I walk inside a store then if they aren't I'm pleasantly survive.😉

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, Freudian slip, I might I'm surprised. Ha ha

Julie H said...

I mostly hate WM because they put so much crap in the aisles and every family of 6 has to take up the whole walking space.

LMAO on your dad. That is so something my father in law would have said.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, yes they are so very messy too. I love Target though!
As for my father - he said it far worse than how I wrote it. I don't know why I am protecting him, he's dead and he just said anything that popped into his head.