We bought new beach chairs. So that means, it's official!
I'm going to the beach soon. I see it on the horizon.
Rick promised me beach time after my surgery and head to the shore.
It's only 1.5-2 hours depending on what part of the shore and yet I haven't gone since getting here because I have been ill.
I am a beach person.
Sitting by the water and just smelling it will be heaven for me.
On the water, in the water, or near the water, yes it's just the water.
It is my happy place.
Thankfully Rick loves this too. Whew.
Oh, the fun beach vacations we have had over our 36 years.
We got married in a flower-filled gazebo on the beach in the Carribean.
Yep, beach people.
We bought these great chairs about 20 years ago at Costco.
We had no intention of purchasing chairs when entered, but you know how it is once you enter Costco.
Hell, you don't need 3/4 of the shit in your Costco shopping cart and you know it.
But somehow while walking your cart the size of an economy car down the aisles those throw pillows just fell off the top shelf into my cart.
Rick saw them first. He did his sales pitch to me when I said, "aren't those a bit expensive for beach chairs Rick?"
"Look they fold up to nothing. We can put them on the boat and when we decide to park on an island we can pull these out and be comfy.
Look you'll have a footrest (only if I slump in the chair my feet don't easily touch that footrest) and a place for our beverages and a pocket for sunscreen or your sunglasses etc. You know you love organization."
Well, let me tell you that last line of his made me laugh out loud and people looked at me. Boy, he was selling it. Okay, fine, let's get them. I thought they were a bit expensive but in those days we had high-paying corporate jobs so I was thankful it didn't hurt us.
I ended up loving these chairs. We used them all the time.
For the amount of use, they were a steal.
Now I would be thrilled to only pay $59.99 a piece!
We finally had to toss them when we moved. The straps were frayed. The mesh pouch ripped. My footrest broke, not from use that is for sure.
And the bag had a piece that held the back to the rod of the chair and it broke off. Mine was a hot mess. It was obviously time. They were Eddie Bauer chairs that are no longer made it appears. The chairs were great and the nylon case that they folded up into was great for storage on the boat.
Rick and I looked for them all over the internet but nothing out there could be found for less than $250 each. Nope, not gonna spend that. Rick said that is a helluva inflation price what did we pay? I told him they were $59.99 a piece + tax so whatever that is, is what we paid.
Rick said, "God I sound like your father don't I?"
"Yep, you are an old man now and everything is expensive to you (us) just like Dad."
We continued to both look when we had a minute for reasonably price lawn chairs for my spoiled Big Guy. I found 2, not the same but nice. They were $89.99 for BOTH. I hit order and after I hit enter it said sold out. Gee it said hurry almost out of stock, I just assumed that was a ploy. Oops nope. They had one color left (red) and I really didn't want a bright red and they were $10 more.
I showed this to Rick.
He said to get them before they are gone. Ok, I did and they are on their way.
But I have my concerns about a zero-gravity chair.
For some reason, it appears to me to be a lot of ab work until you get this figured out? No? Only me?
I'd sit in one of these plastic beach chairs that fold into 3rds.
I am fine with these. This is all I wanted.
Too low for the Big Guy he tells me. I take him at his word because what does this short gal know about being too tall for this low chair. I think he's just too old to get down in the chair and back up, but I let him think whatever he wants. 😉
So these are the ones I just ordered.
To me, It seems like this would go back if my feet don't go down far enough. I fear it reclining me when I just want to sit!
I will practice at home so I don't have another beach day of falling off my chair and no one helping me get upright. That was a damn good laugh but I'd prefer to have these problems in my yard than at the beach in front of everyone.
As Rick said, "Oh this will be fun to watch"
Thanks for the confidence you little stinker. (I know he's right damn it)
The Gray one below is the Eddie Bauer Chair.
We had two, but mine was beginning to fray at this point so I went with the red one on this day.
Rick enjoying his chair.
Our new Chairs
OH, I know he'll record this he is mean like that.
He will tell stories for years of how I couldn't get out of this because my knees don't reach where the chair begins to go down.
I see it all coming. Mark my words.
You know how I always whine that I have no talents?
I lied, I am very gifted at clumsy Lucy moments.
Oh, who cares? I'm at the beach in my mind already. 😎
Soon...

12 comments:
Peg, I have one of these minus the head flap thing that is shown in your photo. I am short, so have never needed a foor rest.
I love mine. I can trip over air... so clumsy also.
I did not have a learning curve at all. Set it up, sit down, and hopefully you have someone to bring you a cocktail.Enjoy!
JC
Well JC that is good news!! The reviews all say it's very comfortable.
Pretty sure you can still get the old version at Wal Mart. We have the ones without the foot rest for camping and I think it's time for an upgrade to something nicer Although I've sworn off camping for awhile lol.
Julie, looked in store and online. Did not find. No more camping for me Julie!
I have no clue what a zero gravity chair is! They look like great chairs but what to I can't even remember the last time I used one.
Sweetpea is a Beach Person too. It's a requirement of hers to live within driving distance of a beach. Totally bagged my plans to retire to Pittsburgh.
I used to have a chaise like your blue one. Had it for many years, until the plastic dried up and crumbled.
Love those 0-G chairs. I would have your inverse problem... I'm probably too tall to use the sun shield. My head would probably stick out the gap.
Let me be the one nay-sayer here. We got some zero-gravity chairs years ago. I didn't like it from day one. Claudia liked hers but can't use it anymore.
We bought ones that rock so we are really spoiled when we sit and watch the kids play their sports. I wish I could say at the beach but we would have to go about 10-12 hours to get there. Have a great time at the beach with your fancy new chairs and take care.
Jean, I didn't either until I saw them on TV so don't feel bad.
bluzdude, well from Pit you can drive to Erie and there are 11 beaches and trails and concessions and once you enter the park you think you're in another state. :-) but I get Sweetpea. I'm the same way! I loved that blue one. But mine disintegrated - literally. Rick is also concerned about being too tall for the shade but it can fold down so no problem. He normally will have on a hat anyway to keep the bald spot in the back from getting burned. (shh don't tell him I told you)
Mike, I have a feeling I'm going to be with you.
Hope Claudia is doing better!
Mr. Shife, hmmm they rock too huh? I think I saw those on QVC. :-) I can see how those would be comfy for a soccer game or whatever game it is. As soon as my surgery is over and I can go home. We are going to the shore. Just a few more weeks.Yipee!!
Nice looking chairs! I can see you on the beach, smiling and enjoying the sand between your toes. :-)
Unfortunately, I can't sit on a seat like these. They sure look good though.
Cruisin Paul
Post a Comment