Last night I hear Rick tell me while in the kitchen he was shitting.
I turned my head so quickly and asked, "what did you say? Why would you tell me that Richard?"
He was laughing and standing at the kitchen island.
He said, "Is this one of those times you didn't hear me correctly?"
"I think so. Say it again."
He began to laugh, then cleared his throat and told me the story and then "it was sickening."
Then I laughed and shared what I thought he said. Ooh did that ever make him laugh. He said, "that explains why you turned around so fast to look at me. Oh my God woman you're nuts. The look on your face was priceless" He is really laughing now.
"No, not nuts, just deaf, I said, well the pandemic didn't fix my hearing so at least I got a laugh today. I thought you were telling me you were pooping your pants"
"Margaret I really don't want you to get a hearing aid until after the pandemic.
We need the laughter."
I told him I wrote about that just yesterday.
So I'm good Rick knowing you are not pooping in the kitchen in your pants.
Alls good Margaret.
So there you have it, a typical evening in our home.
And more importantly, nobody pooped their pants!
12 comments:
YOU TWO!!!! Make my day better.
This was funny read. Thanks for posting.
Give him a few more years. Then let the pooping begin.
Wait until his hearing goes too, you guys will REALLY have a good time...the stuff old people memes are made of.
::snort::
So glad you heard him incorrectly.
LOL
Lately I have trouble hearing my husband.
I can hear everyone else in the entire damn universe, but he's somehow impossible. (In SO many ways...)
That is funny and I am glad to hear you got a bit of laughter.
I get at least one invite to come for a free hearing evaluation and $$ off the purchase of a hearing aid when I am in VT. It's worse in FL because I get invites to hear about/sign up for cremation services about as often. I am in that demographic.
Awesome. Loved the story. Have a great weekend and hope no one shits themselves.
Mike, that is what I have to look forward to?
Jean, oh his hearing is going to. I counted last night how many times he said, "what did you say?" because he says it is only me and I mumble. Yep that's it.
Ami, me too. Maybe your husband is what my husband says about not hearing me, I am white noise and I mumble.
Nice huh? white noise! the prick.
Olga, yes we have begun getting things in the mail about burials etc. So I get it. Don't like it but I am sure one day I will keep that piece of mail.
Mr. Shife, we too hope no one shits themselves! :-)
Forget hearing aids for either of you. You can have too much fun with this.
Rick is a hell of a funny guy. He'll always keep you in stitches.
Cruisin Paul
HA! Gotta say, your first sentence was quite gripping.
I've been away for a couple of days. Need to catch up!
Abby, why yes you do need to catch up or maybe Rick's shitting his drawers
Post a Comment