Not Rick clumsy where I trip over my own feet but it's getting there.
I once jumped into the open window of Rick's van and sat straight upright.
No rolling around, just in the car, twist and sat upright.
He stills talks about it. He was floored that I could do that.
When I was young I was good in gymnastics but not great.
I was a high school cheerleader so my two left feet seemed to do okay.
I skied both downhill and water.
I stunk at downhill but was a great water skier if I do say so myself.
But in all honesty, I was still clumsy.
Don't get me started about what happens in the kitchen.
We keep band-aids in the kitchen cabinet just for me.
Mainly it was doing stupid stuff but now it's my walking. WHAT?
Yes, walking.
I can no longer make fun of Rick when he trips over nothing.
Yesterday Izzy and I headed out for a walk around 2:30p.
We crossed the street because my dog is nosey and there were a lot of beefcakes doing landscaping and she had to check them out.
I got her away from all the men who fawned all over the affection whore and down the street, we went.
It was not raining. It was sunny, cold, and windy.
I saw the whole choreographed scene as if it was slow motion.
Izzy walked in front of me from my left, she walked over my left foot and as I tried to move my right foot caught the edge of the sidewalk.
I rolled my right foot to the right and it twisted and turned backward into a big divet/hole in the lawn. I got my balance and stayed upright but not easily. I hopped to the neighbor's steps mere feet away and sat there for a moment to deal with the intense burning pain as Izzy loved on me because she knew I was hurt. I sat a bit and prayed they didn't open their door to walk outside because I'd have to move quickly and I sure didn't think I could move quickly.
I limped to the corner and she did her business and we went home. She knew I was hurt, she walked slowly as I limped home. I could not put weight on my foot. I got inside and took off my shoe and sock. I felt that this was not going to swell up like a sprained ankle, this was different. The pain was different and the areas of pain were different. I knew I sprained my ankle but no big deal. It was the other areas of my foot that were screaming in pain and I knew this was different.
Rick got home around 4:45p. I was thrilled I did not have to hobble down the street again. The pain is in the bottom of my foot in the arch and back up my ankle. The top of my foot feels like a truck ran over it. It hurts to touch it. The ankle area where it rolled just feels sprained no biggie. And it is barely swollen just as I assumed. I knew this was not a strain this was more. I may never know what more is. I imagine with no medical care this will take a month to heal. At least to walk. This is not going to be fun.
Now I just have to live with this and eat Tylenol like Pez.
I can't go to urgent care and I can't go to the ER so no Xrays.
The doctor's office is closed and while it's great that I can talk to my doctor over the computer she can not X-ray or MRI my foot from the computer.
So now my foot/ankle/calf has a burning hot sensation. I can not put weight on my foot at all. I am going up and down the stairs on my ass or knees.
I got down the stairs and realized I left my reading glass on my desk.
I stared at my phone and thought do I want to try to climb this again or screw it? I opted for the latter.
When Rick came back inside from a walk with Izzy he asked if there was anything he could get me. I sheepishly said yes. He looked at me and said upstairs huh? I said I was sorry before I even told him. He asked, 2nd or 3rd floor? I said 2nd - just the office. He laughed and as he climbed the stairs all the while yelling, RANCH I WANT A RANCH!
Then it's bedtime. I have to climb the stairs again.
Izzy and Rick went first and I scooted my butt up the stairs.
There is even a step in the hall - see below. So another step to get to the bedroom, because as you can see there are just not enough of them at my house.
When I got into my bedroom I was on all 4s. Far easier that way.
Izzy and Rick went first and I scooted my butt up the stairs.
There is even a step in the hall - see below. So another step to get to the bedroom, because as you can see there are just not enough of them at my house.
(if you turn to the right at this landing/hall you STEP up into my office - yes, steps from hell)
When I got into my bedroom I was on all 4s. Far easier that way.
Izzy, of course, comes over to me because she thinks I may be playing down here. Oh, how I wish that were true.
Rick comes out of the master bath and looks at me on all 4s and says, "Oh not tonight dear I have a headache".
Rick comes out of the master bath and looks at me on all 4s and says, "Oh not tonight dear I have a headache".
And of course, he proceeds to laugh like the nut he is.
I'm glad he's amused.
God, he's even a pig when I'm in pain. No, he's always a pig.
I couldn't sleep. Imagine that.
My foot has a heartbeat and it was keeping me awake.
I got out of bed and crawled to the 3rd floor landing at 2:35am.
I went up the stairs on my knees but not allowing my right foot to touch or bend in any direction. I knew if it hit the floor it would cause shooting pain as it did earlier so I was trying to avoid that and not scream and wake up Rick and the dog. I got to the 3rd floor TV room and collapsed on the sofa. It has a reclining side and I sat there with my foot elevated and wrapped in a blanket. I noticed I couldn't reach the remote. Damn it, just got all comfy with my foot propped up on a couple of pillows perfectly. I had to move. Then I realized I had to pee so I had to hobble to the bathroom. Honestly!
I got the remote and got back in place and just tried to not think of the heartbeat that is my right foot. I watched a lot of old sitcoms until I Love Lucy came on at 5am and I felt like I could maybe doze off so I turned off the TV.
At 5:45a Izzy was upstairs looking for me.
Guess that was my sleep for the day.
Rick is off today and he yelled upstairs to stay put he has the dog and just chill or go back to sleep. I yelled back thanks.
I got up. I couldn't go back to sleep now. Who needs sleep anyway?
I am at work, foot propped up perfectly for less pain and I can still do what needs to be done UNTIL the bathroom break. Damn this bathroom walk.
I stopped drinking after my coffee. Normally I try to drink 2 liters of water a day. No, not peeing all day and trying to hobble to the commode.
The arch of my foot and that area feels like a big ball is there.
A lump of sorts. Not to the touch it, but does it feel that way,
Especially when I put my foot down. Oh well.
Rick goes to work tomorrow. How will I walk Izzy? I tried putting on my boot from my Achilles issue. I can't wear it, my God it is painful to wear now with this. Whatever "this" is. So that won't help me walk Izzy. This is when a backyard would sure be useful instead of a patio.
There is it - quarantine excitement that I just didn't want.
Bet your glad your quarantine is boring now don'tcha?

16 comments:
You can still get x rays here, sounds like you might need one. You definitely need a house with less stairs!
God I HATE Quaratine/Pandemic Injuries that aren't Life Threatening because we can't get them seen to around here! I Hope your injury isn't serious!? I have, since Pandemic, taken a Senior Fall and jacked up my Left Shoulder and Bicep... had a Crown fall off a Molar, luckily I didn't swallow it so whenever Dentists start taking Clients I can get it glued back on... and just the other day I fell when I lost my balance stepping on a Pinecone that rolled under my foot and I took a Knee, but didn't get hurt otherwise! WTF! I too seem to now take Walking more Seriously because I'm falling more and mebbe it's that Season of Life when it's more common, but I sure don't like it! Healing Energies sent your way!
I found you and Rick a nice ranch house. You could have moved here last year.
Get one of those knee walkers. $100 for a cheap one.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=knee+walker+scooter&i=hpc&crid=2D3VLUSO46NOD&sprefix=knee+walker%2Chpc%2C179&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_11
God. I'm sorry.
I think medical care may be a thing you need, though.
Mike - those only work on 1 floor doesn't help me get up to the next two floors.
Julie I am not certain what I did could be seen in an Xray. Nothing is broken. I'm thinking that ball that feels like it's sitting in the outside arch of my foot may be ligaments or tendons.
Bohemian - dear Lord don't make this be the season of my life. Tripping over a dog is not a good way to go.
Ami, I just left my dr an email. I am sure I'll go to urgent care just for the drugs so I can sleep.
Foot problems are the worst! They effect everything we can and can't do but, woman...your pain didn't stop me from laughing at Ricks sense of humor. His timing sucks but he's got the right lines.
Not that I want to be mean or unsympathetic, but you do realize this is punishment for lies about a cruise past the beefcake landscapers being to satisfy Izzy's curiosity. Nobody is buying that!
Seriously, I hope this is short lived -- it was only a little lie!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Jean, you know I do hate that his schtick makes me laugh when I want to be angry though.🙂 AND you're correct it affects everything!
Oh NO! First shingles, now this?
Urgent cares and ERs are open around here. They're good at keeping people socially distanced, so you might check info on that where you are if you haven't already.
And yeah, like Olga, I'm onto you and the landscapers! And of course Rick's "Not tonight..." cracked me up.
Abby, yes they are open here in limited hours. But I am afraid to go and today I am far better so I am playing it by ear.
I really am feeling your pain but I did laugh at Izzy's passion for beefcake and Rick's comment. I do hope you can get in and have that looked at. Might need a cast and definitely some pain pills.
You are kidding! I'm so sorry for your injury....I think Rick ought to wrap you up in bubble wrap! Sounds incredibly painful. Hope you get some great pain meds soon! :-)
Yvonne, That is exactly what Rick said. He was going to wrap me in bubble wrap. The way things have been going I may just let him.
Patti - I am much better today so we'll see. I dread the thought of going to any medical facility but we may need to.
This why Mary Lou & I have put our home up for sale. To many steps. I've almost fallen twice backwards and you know what could had happened. You may have to have that ankle x-rayed as soon as possible. Please be careful my friend.
Cruisin Paul
I hope everyone's safe and staying safe. I just read that the virus is mutating and getting much more dangerous. I don't want to alarm anyone but it's time to get right with God, cause this is getting downright scary! Stay home and stay safe, guys!
Post a Comment