Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Food

I have never been able to leave comments to those on WordPress.
Brian, over at WordPress allows me to leave a comment one day and then not the next. His site is fickle like that. All others on Word Press I can't leave a message EVER.
It will work like this for me -
I have to get a new password. So I go through all the hell that is getting a new password and try again. Sometimes it will work sometimes it will tell me that I don't have the right password. Then if I get it to work I write down said password on my password list. I go another day to sign in to leave a comment and it tells me that is the wrong password and to get a new one. I do it again. The same thing happens. It' is a circle of hell. 
So now I give up.  No more word press for me.

What really gets me is that sometimes as I stated above I can get on Brian's blog and leave a comment and if I leave his blog and go to the other Word press blog I can't. I think I hate word press! No, I know I do.

Because you just don't get enough covid-19 news here is some more.
Here is a shot of the US number

It appears when this was taken there was only 1 more death today but look at all the new cases. We are not trailing in the correct direction to open anything yet!

Here is a shot of the state I live in.  We aren't doing any better here yet.

And lastly here is a shot of the county I butt up to but we do not live in.
But it is where we work, where we go for everything so it counts to us. (2 blocks away so it's not like it's not near.)
3 deaths yesterday and 219 new cases. Again not the correct direction to open a hair salon. When the numbers begin to go higher are they going to close again?
You're never going to get those protesting rednecks to go back inside (could we get them all in one state and let them go at one another)
so our only hope is they get sick and see why they should have stayed home. Don't wish for anyone to die but a good "hoax" as they think it is to take away their rights might knock them down a peg or two.
I read how in S. Korea they found that when they opened up those that clustered all got infections. I don't think we need to be Einstein to know that will happen. Thank God I'm anti-social. Who knew that would be helpful to me at some point.
I don't like to cluster. I hate crowds and if I'm being honest all my loved ones live far away so there is no one here in my little world that I care to see. Oh, sure my hairdresser but she too can wait and I can continue to not be sick with bad hair. I prefer that to being sick with good hair. 

Okay, enough of that shit. Here is real news.
I am sick to death of eating. 
Never thought I'd say that in my lifetime!
I am sick of trying to think of food to make for dinner. 
If I could go out I still don't know what I'm in the mood for. 
No food is appealing to me right now. 
Yesterday I had 2 pieces of bologna dipped in mustard. 
Then at 7p Rick made this mess of a casserole that emptied out the fridge with chicken and veggies and rice. It was good but I am just tired of eating.  I had a small bowl and that was enough. 

I have gained so much weight that I won't weigh myself. 
My jeans are tight as is my bra. That is a bad sign. So this lack of loving food couldn't have come at a better time. I walked 3 miles yesterday without Izzy. Since my poor dog has aged she is so slow and her arthritis just won't let her walk as much as before. I miss it actually. 

Yesterday I had a very bad day. I was in tears when Rick got home and I told him I'd talk later but I need to go let off steam. I walked a route that I knew was 1.5 miles one way and then headed back. I got to exercise and blow off steam so when I got home I didn't scream at Rick or take it out on him.  Today is pouring rain again so I may not get my long walk in. It may clear up and I'll get a shot at it. Doesn't look promising though.

I hope you're all doing well considering. 
If there is something good on Netflix or Prime please share it. 
I need something new. (don't do comic book stuff or big violence)
Dead To Me starts again on Friday.  I will watch a few of the last episodes of season 1 to get caught up again. I'll eat for popcorn on Friday TV night. 
See why I've gained weight?😊

16 comments:

Abby said...

Sorry about your bad day, I've been feeling rather blah myself. Like you, I don't feel a need to get out and socialize, but the idea that we can't weighs on a lot of us. At least we can go out and walk or run or whatever to let off steam. It could certainly be worse.
Wish I had a show to recommend. We've started watching "Barry"on Hulu. It's humorous, but also dramatic and... quite violent at times, so I wouldn't recommend it to you even if it were on Netflix or Prime.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, I watched the first 1st season of Barry. Good runny concept but I got bored into season 2 and haven't been back. It may be quarantine. I'm off.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

That should have said, Good Funny Concept. geez

Ami said...

I HATE Wordpress! I have the same issues when trying to leave comments so I just don't bother. So many times I want to comment (don't we all love comments on our blogs??) and I just don't. ::sigh::

As for food, we have been eating a lot, I've been cooking a lot because I'm off work. I like cooking. I don't love cleaning.

I'm like you, afraid to weigh. Just before all this happened, I lost 44 lbs. I am still in my much smaller jeans and stuff, but they're not as comfy.

:::sigh::: again

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, whew then it's not just me. Not that it helps but at least I am not losing my mind alone. :-)
Exactly, everything is on my body and snapped etc but I am not as comfy in them as I was! Rick said to me, they look fine. I said yes but I can't sit and breathe at the same time. Now if I wanted to wear my spanx I bet they would be fine. But seriously I have Walmart roots why the hell do I care if I have on spanx? Throw on my leggings and a tunic.
Yes, I have turned into a lazy girl. I may never dress properly again or wear something other than a sports bra. You know the kind - they give you Uni-boob.

Mike said...

I don't know whose numbers to believe on the Covid-19 stuff. Most of them are close, but no one has the same numbers at any one time.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Peg, I notice that when I'm on a losing streak (weight), suddenly I snack all the time, am hungry all the time. After I've gained most if not all of that weight back, I suddenly don't have much of an appetite. Weird. Stupid hormones ~ or whatever is at work there.....

On Netflix ~ did you ever watch the Taco Chronicles? It's subtitled, but wow, just wow. I wanted each and every one of those delicious tacos. I also recommend The Last Kingdom, a show about the beginnings of the country of England. Travelers ~ a sci-fi show about people from the future who come back in time to fix some calamity that's going to happen. The Repair Shop, which is a reality type thing where people bring in their broken antiques...I know that sounds boring, but we really enjoyed it. The Dark Crystal, which was so delightfully whimsical. There ya go. If you don't like science fiction, I'm probably not the best person to recommend!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

It's, we have watched repair shop. We love it. You've given me more for the weekend. Thx!

Olga said...

I hope that lack of interest in food strikes me pretty soon. Wearing pajamas half the day is just not a healthy life stye but realizing that regular clothes are getting tighter and tighter is not good for me either.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga,that is the trick. The last couple of days I made myself wear my clothes that are tight. It was awful. I couldn't wait til evening to throw on my leggings and sweatshirt and RIP off that damn bra.

Cruisin Paul said...

Try not to allow this crazy time to cause to lose the positiveness that you have always had. We bloggers are a tough brand. We love, pray, laugh. eat, yes I said eat. LOL My wife likes to cut the grass, trim the areas that I can't seem to find and she takes great care of me. I love her and I'm pretty sure Rick loves you a lot. Hang tough my friend. We will succeed during this situation and we will succeed after. One thing I do is pray and believe it or not, it really helps me. Stay safe Peg.

Cruisin Paul

Arkansas Patti said...

Feel ya on the lack of interest in food. It has been with me the whole time. It seems it is ALWAYS time to eat. Nothing sounds good so I only fix what I really like and I know is not good for me. Luckily I don't eat much of even the favorite stuff so I am still struggling to keep my weight up. I know--go ahead and hate me.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, gee I could never hate you! Call you a bitch is another story. 😜

Mary said...

I share your frustration about commenting, but mine is reversed. I follow a lot of blogs on Wordpress and never have a problem commenting. I use the app. But blogger is almost impossible for me to comment on. Yours, obviously I can and a couple more, but because it somehow comes through with google, many just say comment with my google account, but the few I can comment on, like yours, say comment as Mary at google account. The Misunderstood Widow is one I cannot comment on.

As for Netflix..I tend to like the dramas and crime stuff, but here are a few..Unorthodox, Hunters, Anne With an E, Hinterland, The Crown, The Fall.. I have Amazon Prime too...goods one there and if you like British, there’s Acorn.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oooh Mary you got some good ones. I have Unorthodox in my list. I saw a show on Oprah many years ago. It was a week-long series where the Hasidic Jews (sorry if that is the wrong order) allow her into their home and world. It was fascinating to me. Especially that the woman can't show their real hair. There were so many things that made my mouth drop open. Like what they go through when having their cycle. Too many rules for even me who follows the rules. :-)
I watched the Crown and love it. Can't wait for the next season. Thanks!

Julie H said...

I don't watch the ticker much anymore but I know of 2 people that got the virus in 3 months. That's it. Seems like there should be more for everyone to be hunkered down. I seriously think this whole area already had the virus in January. I'm just wondering how long is this going to last? People are going to be so broke and homeless and all the businesses are going to close but the select few that get to stay open.