Everyone says that Rick and I are so alike.
We have a friend, Rusty, who Rick worked with while living in Seattle.
Upon meeting me we all sat down to dinner.
He then made the proclamation, "My God you are the female version of Rick and vice versa"
We laughed at him. Couldn't be further from the truth.
For example...
Friday morning they showed Elmo (who I love) and some Sesame Street items on Get Up DC. (4:30a -7a)
They showed a bit of this clip. This clip is so dumb to me.
But it will make my grown old man laugh his ass off just as he did Friday morning. I do not understand this.
He first saw this clip live at my mom and dad's house with my nieces back in the 90s.
After seeing this he would walk around saying, yip, yip, yip.
I just shake my head of course.
Then after seeing it yesterday morning he watched the video above and laughed like a little kid - again.
He thinks I'm laughing because it is funny. NO!
I am laughing at him that HE THINKS THIS IS SO FUNNY.
My boyfriend in high school would come to my house after school.
My little sisters would be watching Sesame Street.
Now, this was 1972-3. My boyfriend would sit with my little sisters who were 2 and 3 and watch Sesame street with them. He loved it. But you also need to know that he smoked pot on his way to my house and he found this show so damn funny. My mom thought it was great that he "played" with the little ones and kept them entertained. He was the little one but I did not tell her that.
I missed the era of Sesame Street. I was of the Captain Kangaroo years.
I never watched Sesame Street other than stone-cold sober. It is a cute, informative and educational show. But funny? I think I am missing that gene that these two boys have. These Martians just aren't hysterical to me.
Gee, I wonder if it is the same gene as The Three Stooges?
I never understood why the Stooges were considered so funny.
But boy oh boy men & boys sure do.
So we are not completely alike contrary to what our friend Rusty thinks.
I am normal. Rick is weird. End of story.
18 comments:
Maybe Rusty meant you were alike because you two feed off each other for your humor? But I do think couple either grow more alike or more distance as they age.
I never understood the humor of the three Stooges either!
Sesame Street's characters are great. We bought a Big Bird toy that talked. My daughter loved it and enjoyed talking to it. As far as The Three Stooges, I totally enjoyed them. I guess it was a guy thing. Have a gret day Peg.
Cruisin Paul
Me too on the stooges. Guys would fall out of there seats laughing while all I saw was one guy poking another in the eye. Give me quick wit any time over a poke in the eye.
Patti and Jean - see? we are missing that gene. Paul is a guy and he finds them funny as do all men. I will never understand. :-)
I am shocked to learn that women do not find the three stooges funny!
I always thought Sesame Street was clever. As an educational show, it taught kids the alphabet and to count...Most people pre- Sesame Street had zero problem learning the alphabet and counting. One sing song took care of the alphabet and counting...well counting is pretty easy.
Still the show kept my kids quiet for 20 minutes and that was valuable.
I just had a really good laugh!!!
Linda, boy you're an early riser!
Ah, now I know you're being sarcastic Joe. Yes I am certain parents loved Sesame Street fir that very reason.😉
Slapstick is not for me either, lol.
That Sesame Street bit was funny the first few times I saw it. Same with The Three Stooges. I used to watch them but not anymore.
sorry. everybody i know EXCPET YOU thinks the telephone sketch is hilarious.
yipyip.
I was a Captain Kangaroo kid and before that Ding Dong School, which you are too young to have seen. I did see Sesame Street with either my kids or grands, or both, but I never formed an attachment to them.
You only have to look at the offerings on Netflix or Prime to see the difference in the movies people will watch. Many of them you couldn't pay me to watch. Who paid to have them made and did it make any money? Crazy world of taste out there.
I can't say I was a Sesame Street fan, but I adored Captain Kangaroo and Professor Kool back in the day. They sure don't make tv like that these days, that's for sure. I watch so many different things on Netflix that they should probably pay me.(lol) Once Disney+ launched, I hear that Netflix lost 3 million subscribers!!!! Hugs, RO
Mike, you've grown. :-)
flask, no you are the minority here. I know it hurts.
Barbara, I called him Cappy Roo. I loved Mr. Moose and Bunny Rabbit when they put all the golf balls raining on him. I remember that from 60 years ago but I can't remember where the hell I parked my car!
Ro, I would never watch Disney+. I am not a fan of disney movies so it would be lost on me. Netflix and Amazon give me job and I am sure if I could afford Apple that would be good too. I just love things like Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and that would never get on Disney. I don't have children so I do not need PG anything. :-)
Oh, how I loved Captain Kangaroo. Bunny was one of my favorites, because he didn't talk, but just bang his head on the counter. But you are absolutely correct about the Three Stooges. Romeo will watch them until I say enough (or I go to my office until it's over).
My husband and I don't have the same humor when it comes to movies lol. I'm like GD that's stupid and he thinks it's the best thing ever lol (Dumb and Dumber to name one)
I watched all of them! I loved watching them - yip yip!
okay then I'm going out on a limb April and tell you that you and Rick are not normal. :-) Looks like I like abnormal...tee hee
Post a Comment