Monday, December 23, 2019

Holidays 2019.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

May you all have the holiday you wished for.

Christmas Fireplace and Xmas Tree, Presents Gifts Decorations. New Year Home Interior Background royalty free stock photo

My favorite eggnog recipe is below if you are so inclined.
Trust me it's awesome. 
Every Xmas eve we make this.
Every year someone stops by & turns up their nose and will say they don't care for egg nog.
Then everyone has some, moans and says how good this is. Silly people. 
There is never any left over & those who said they hated eggnog have had several glasses.
Peg doesn't make wussy or bad drinks. 
 
EGGNOG

6 eggs separated
3/4 cup sugar
1 pint heavy cream
4 pints milk
½ pint Bourbon 
1 tablespoon vanilla

In a bowl beat the egg yolks with the ½ cup of sugar until thick.
In another bowl beat the eggs whites with ¼ cup of sugar until thick.
In a 3rd bowl beat the cream until thick.
Add the cream to the yolks, fold in the egg whites and add the milk, bourbon and vanilla and a pinch of nutmeg if desired.
Chill in the freezer before serving. (I have never done this – only refrigerated because once made, we suck it down 😊)
Serve in a large punchbowl and grate fresh nutmeg over top.
Enjoy!

16 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Have a great Christmas, Margaret. That eggnog would help.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Merry Christmas Jean!!
Here's to a wonderful 2020!

joeh said...

Love eggnog, but dang it will put on fat.

Mike said...

Love eggnog. But my 55 grams of fat plan I'm on right couldn't handle it.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Joeh, yep not like the holiday cookies, the mashed potatoes with the sticks of butter or the ranch dressing on the American salad. Nope, the eggnog is fattening. You silly boys.

Mike - fun to diet this time of year. Skip the potatoes and go for the nog. :-)

joeh said...

I try and hold back on the holiday cookies and sticks of butter, I use just a wedge of lemon on my salad, I substitute scotch for the eggnog saving tons of calories. Like I said, i like eggnog, but it is really way too filling for me. I'm sure yours is fantastic, I do try and stay a little healthy over the holidays.

Just a silly boy.

Cruisin Paul said...

Yum, yum, yum. What a tasty drink. I'll try without the Bourbon since I don't drink alcohol.
You and Rick enjoy the best Christmas. See ya my friends.


Cruisin Paul

Linda said...

Happy Christmas my friend! Hope it is a wonderful one.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Backatcha Linda!!! May it be all that you hoped for. :-)

Arkansas Patti said...

Sounds great but I wonder if the virgin version would taste as good. Have a wonderful day and I will raise my glass of Ensure to your much better tasting eggnog.
Merry Christmas.

bluzdude said...

Happy Christmas, Peggy. Hope we get to hang out at an O's/Yanks game this year.

Abby said...

Well, now I want to try this because I'm one of those non-eggnoggers.
Have a wonderful Christmas!

Brian said...

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

I do love me some egg nog, but the sugar would put my Metformin into high gear, and nobody wants that. I'll just stick to the Bourbon, straight up, no chaser. :)

Julie H said...

So far I don't like eggnog but I also don't think any were made from scratch.

Barbara said...

I don't think I have ever had real eggnog. I know I didn't care for what I tasted before but I'm going to put this on the agenda for next year.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara I was given this recipe from my first southern neighbor who told me her grandpa would be sad to know I drink that swill in a carton. so she brought me home some of grandpa's eggnog and I was hooked. then I saw paul dean make what she called her mama's eggnog. it was the same recipe. too funny.