I found this fascinating.
And I wanted them to talk about all diseases.
Can she, like some dogs, do the same for other molecules and diseases other than Parkinson?
They never give me enough information darn it.
I'll post the video at the end because I've tried putting it here 4 times and blogger is giving me fits about it.
My niece is in line for this hurricane Dorian.
I text her and asked if she gets off school like a snow day when this happens.I'll post the video at the end because I've tried putting it here 4 times and blogger is giving me fits about it.
My niece is in line for this hurricane Dorian.
You see she hasn't lived in Florida for long and she is from snow country.
She said they will be notified tonight or at the latest tomorrow morning to let them know when they will close. Because her husband is a college football coach he is out of town. So as soon as she hears she is driving to the town her in-laws live in to hunker down with them and her baby and fur babies.
I am not sure if I would prefer a hurricane day or a snow day?
I hate snow but a hurricane surely does more damage.
Both suck actually.
Rick drives daily from customer to customer so he spends 50% of his time in traffic
I got my hair cut and colored yesterday at 5pm.
He was still not home and text me expletives about the traffic.
It took him 3.5 hrs to get home. (25.8 miles to be exact)
When I called him after my hair appointment he snapped my head off and I just said I'm hanging up Rick and hung up.
When he got home he was just wound tightly. I told him to sit for a bit.
I made him a drink. He just sat and took deep breaths to calm down. Then he took the dog for a quick walk. By the time he got back, he was better. He apologized for snapping at me like he did. When you hung up on me I knew, oh oh, she is not happy with me and I realized how me screaming would seem like I'm taking it out on you.
You're right and I knew you were snapping because of traffic but I won't tolerate you talking to me like this so I just quietly hung up.
He knows I won't tolerate being spoken to like that and even though I know it is his frustration of traffic I had told him long ago, I'll just hung up and when you calm down we can talk. I wasn't angry at him but I just won't allow him to speak to me like that.
I don't think for a minute I would be any different if I had to do his travel every day. In fact, I think I'd hurt people and I am thankful I only walk upstairs to my 2nd floor loft office. The congestion on my stairs is only caused by Izzy and she is easy enough to walk over.
I know he only drove 25.8 miles from his last job to home. Sad isn't it?
Retirement....counting down the days.
17 comments:
I have a 23 mile commute. Generally, the only time it takes even close to 3 hours to get home (clear across the county and right through the heart of the city), we've gotten that foot (or more) of snow I was settling for instead of hurricanes in the summer. Also found an alternate route, that while longer, is WAY less traveled and turns that 3 hour slog into a 1 hour sleigh ride. Thank god for 4 wheel drive!
Brian, I just want to move where traffic is 30 minutes tops. I hate this. We have 4 wheel drive and don't get to use it. I think I may take snow over hurricanes. Other than sometimes a roof collapse from too much heavy snow, your house stays intact for the most part. Hope you are doing well haven't see you around in a while.
I would hate any job that kept me on the road as much as Rick is but, you're right to let him take it out on you.
I'll take snow over a hurricane too.
I'd heard about the woman that could smell Parkinson's but never had seen a video of an interview with her. Thanks.
I told my mom my dad smelled weird. Come to find out he was in congestive heart failure, liver and kidneys. Amazingly it's doing great now, I swear he has 9 lives.
Poor Rick, that stress is not good for him. I am sure I couldn't do what he does daily. Yikes.
Hurricanes take forever to get there. You worry for days as it makes up its mind, then you hunker in fear as the wind makes sounds you have never heard before, then you sit in the dark for about 5 days. I'll take snow any day.
I'm so sorry for Rick having to drive so long all that time. It would drive me nuts. But I'm nuts anyway. Retirement is great is great. You'll love I'm sure.
Cruisin Paul
I wish I knew about this woman who can smell Parkinson's, maybe she could have helped my friend Al. He's 74 years of age and is in a nursing home. He also as dementia. I visited mt friend but he doesn't even remember me. It hurts a great deal.
Cruisin Paul
I remember the commute from Baltimore to Washington DC 5 days a week for 3 years. Sometimes we drove, others we took the train. Neither was super fun, particularly when I started gaining weight from eating at Sbarro's Pizza at Union Station.(lol) I can just imagine the frustration, and like you, I'm glad I just have to walk over to the computer these days. I'll bet your new cut looks fab! That lady is pretty amazing! Hugs, and hope you're feeling pain free today! RO
I am so glad my days of driving in traffic are over. I actually do get out in the 5:00 traffic sometimes because of my crazy sleep schedule. Since I'm not driving very far it is not as aggravating as when I was trying to get to or from work. That is the reason I started listening to recorded books. It really help keep the aggravation down.
Paul, but you remember and you are a good friend. :-)
Ro, yes my commute spoils me big time. I never had a commute since moving here. I worked in Manhattan or from home. So I took the train from Union station to Penn station and that was my big commute. And since I caught a train at 6am and I'd leave my house at 5am I had no traffic. Have a good holiday!
Barbara, recorded books is a great idea! How smart of you.
I think if I had to drive I would do that.
I know it’s easy to look for the outside and see something that is not whole and real but I really love your relationship. You guys were made for each other. And I love your excellent boundaries.
That's fascinating about the Super Smeller! She's smells molecules? Years ago, a friend of mine knew her daughter had leukemia before the diagnosis. She told me, "she just smelled different". Hmmm.
I'm not a fan of dealing with traffic congestion, as you probably already know, and I've heard of the horrible traffic in your area. You are smart to not talk and fix Rick a drink!
Linda, oh we are so not perfect. Just perfect for each other. We have one good knock down drag out fight a year. Then we go to our corners until we can talk nicely. Sometimes that may take 24 hrs. But don't forget we went to counseling while living together before I would marry him. We have worked on us and at the end of the day we are both straight up no chaser so everything is said. Counseling made Rick learn how to say everything without being hurtful. That was a biggie for us. That was why I insisted on counseling or I was not going to marry him. I thought it was all him - HA - I found my issues in counseling too. We laugh about that one.
I think we've been around a few lifetimes together he and I. I know I am a lucky gal.
Abby, I knew dogs could smell diseases but this blew me away. This could lead to a lot of good things hopefully. While I was in my center of excruciating pain Izzy would smell my legs hanging off the sofa and then look up at me as if to say you don't smell like you. Rick and I wondered if I smelled differently. She also knew I wasn't well because she would not leave my side. Dogs are so cool.
Post a Comment