Monday, February 25, 2019

Monday Morning Blues

Boy, my body hates me after a weekend of alcohol and food.
Feel awful this morning. Back to being a normal person today.
I ate too much sugar this weekend and it makes me feel awful.

Friday night I was sitting in the cell phone lot at the airport waiting for the text from my friend. I could see on my app the plane had landed. 
She text and I went to start the car - battery dead. Ah shit. 

I called Rick and he came over to save me. 
In the meantime, she saw that there was a Vino Volo so she stopped and had a glass of wine and waited to hear from me. 
In 15 minutes Rick was there to jump my car.
Off to the airport, I went.

We headed home to Rick and Izzy.
Rick was convinced her husband was in her big bag it was so heavy.
My goodness, this woman is 4"11 and her bag was almost as big.

Friday night we stayed in.
I had made stew and salad so we had dinner at home.
We put on our pj's and sat and talked until we couldn't.
Rick excused himself at 10p. We gals stayed up later.
She was still on west coast time and I had a 2nd energy so we stayed up.
Besides we weren't going to cork that bottle for heaven's sake.
We watched Sebastian Maniscalco on Netflix. She said she had never heard of him until she read about him on the plane. She asked me if I had heard of him. I said I sure have, would you like to watch his special on Netflix? She did indeed. While I had seen it before I didn't mind watching and laughing again. 

Saturday we began our events in Loudoun County after a good breakfast.
It was basically day drinking. 
Tour of a distillery, a winery and a stop at our favorite haunt in Aldie.
We had a great lunch at The Oyster Bay. 
(I am the loser who hates fish so I had a salad as usual)
We went to the Salamander Resort for dessert and cappuccino.
Okay, I had a cappuccino, they kept drinking.
She had read about it being a 5-star resort on the plane so she wanted to see this place. (it is magnificent)

They had one Gluten Free dessert on the menu.
It is so good. It is served in a mason jar.
I went to the bathroom and come back to the table to see Therese and Rick passing it back and forth.
I said, "hey you have your own desserts" They laughed and said but yours is so much better. So we shared my dessert because Rick's was awful he said.

We were so full that we didn't have dinner went we got home.
We ate and drank our way through Middleburg Virginia.

Back at our house, we watched a movie called Can You Ever Forgive Me?  Allow me to rephrase that, They watched a movie.
I feel asleep half way through.
I wanted to like it more. It was slow moving, at least what I saw.
Can't get much out of this ole gal when she does day drinking.

Back to the grind today.

12 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Always fun to have someone from out of town help you take a second look at where you live, dine and drink. Glad you had a good weekend.

jono said...

Day drinking. One beer and within the hour I need a nap. A fun, but not very productive way to live. I've been productive all my life so screw it! More day drinking in the future!

Annsterw said...

What a fun filled weekend! How awesome! The best way to feel better after a day of drinking is drink more ;-)
I NEVER share my dessert - maybe that is what is wrong with me!
Have a fantastic week back to the grind!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jono, oh the way I felt, you should stick to what you do now and no day drinking. But it was fun.


Ann, I couldn't possibly drink more. And I NEVER share my dessert. First dinner date with Rick he asked if I wanted to share a dessert. I said I'll share my meal, but never my dessert. He laughed and thought I was joking. He soon realized I was not. But that day since they both ate more than 1/2 they were saving me the calories since I have been trying to eat better and not drink (haven't had any since January 1st) So I let this one slide. :-)

Julie H said...

Ah I saw that was up for a few awards last night but didn't win any. Your favorite movie won a few though ;)

Cruisin Paul said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend Peg. Fun & games, food & drinking and maybe some sleeping. LOL See ya.


Cruisin Paul

It's.a.crazy.world said...

What good is it to be good all the time? Especially when you have a friend come to visit and provide a convenient excuse to indulge in a bit of excess....You'll be feeling your usual snarky self in no time. Glad you had fun!

Mike said...

"It is served in a mason jar."

That's so if you don't eat all of it they can put the lid back on and serve it to the next person.

bluzdude said...

It's hard to day-drink and run a marathon at the same time. But I'm sure it was worth it!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bluzdude, thank you! I'm stealing that logic. It was worth it but it reminds me I'm not getting any younger - damn it!

Arkansas Patti said...

Hey, if you can remember it and it makes you smile, it was worth it.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, I love that logic!!!!!!!!