Bad weather of sorts here.
Rain, ice and sleet depending on exactly where you live.
It's just icky outside right now.
Rick and I have the creeping crud. It's not the flu and we assume a cold.
I have had it lingering for weeks. A massive headache, sore throat, eyes burning, runny nose and fatigue. We both, of course, are forging ahead but a day in bed would be nice.
Instead, we spent the last half of Sunday lying around and watching Netflix.
Drinking juice and eating Rick's homemade chicken soup that I froze when he made it for me before.
I am bored to tears with the Netflix show Russian Doll. The premise was fun for the first couple of episodes then I just got bored. Same with Rick. He will probably finish it. I got up and said I'd had enough and went to read. Did you like it or watch it? Julie, I know you watched it, did you finish and did you like it?
I had insomnia the other night. I was downstairs and cleaned out my buffet in the dining room. Then rearranged the junk drawer. Damn you, Marie Kondo.
I finally stopped that stuff and I sat in Rick's big comfy chair and turned on the TV. I found a show on Netflix that was odd but I couldn't stop so I watched the 8 episode series. It was called Sisters. It was Australian so at times their accent was difficult for me to understand so I turned on the captions. That helps me so.
The premise of the story was a man who ran a world-renowned fertility clinic who used his own sperm and had 100's of children. He now has dementia and is dying. In a somewhat lucid moment, he wrote his story and sent it to the media. Needless to say, this turns everyone's life upside down. The children, the families, and his clinic. It focuses on 3 sisters who are now joined together. It was funny and a drama all in one. Oddly good, yet it wasn't. Do you know what I mean? But even though it was a bit off, it was far better than Russian Doll which got rave reviews. One had 2 stars and one had 5. I did not like the 5 star, but then I rarely ever do.
Off to walk my dog in the rain.
12 comments:
"Bad weather of sorts here."
But it's perfect sleeping weather.
I've had the creeping crud, too. Stuffy head, fever, fever goes away, comes back, goes away... ::sigh::
I usually just take Excedrin and power through, but I would really prefer to crawl into bed until June. :)
Hope you're feeling a LOT better now.
My internet doesn't like cold weather, I've been swearing and gnashing my teeth over it the last few days, trying to finish watching Grimm, which I did not watch while it was on TV. Amazon and Netflix are my friends when it comes to binge-watching.
There was a fertility doctor who actually did use his own sperm and fathered a bunch of children. Big scandal awhile back. I would have liked Three Sisters.
I hope you get over your crud soon. It sure isn't fun to be sick.
Thank goodness my crud is finally done! It took a long time to finally feel better! UGH! Hoping you guys heal quickly!! I am ignoring that Marie lady!!! Every time I go to throw things out - I decide that having more abundance than I need is what gives me joy! I don't want to throw away anything that is good (my Grandmother was a saver and she is probably doing log rolls in her grave). Why are we throwing away things that are perfectly good??
I suddenly found Netflix and I love. The first one was Black is Orange and I wayched every episode. I was into it. I wish it still had more episodes because the people are amazing. I'm now watching something about sex, about young students in England. We'll see. Hope that you & Rick get better. See ya.
Cruisin Paul
I hate when the creeping crud comes to visit. We've also had trouble finding decent stuff to watch on Netflix and haven't tried either Russian Dolls or Sisters. We were getting into Travelers, but season 3 is pretty bad so far IMHO.
Hope you're both feeling better soon!
Jean, the show was Sisters. If you have netflix it is still on. I kind of hope there is a 2nd season as odd as it was.
Ann, you made me laugh. But I don't throw things away. Purple Heart received a lot of clothing. Dress for Success also got some clothing. As for the "things" I sold a few and the rest I'm holding off until the community garage sale. Might as well make some money. I used to move every 3 years so when you move you purge. I have been here 19 years, the longest I have ever lived anywhere in my entire life so I have "collected things" I don't like clutter and while I am not Marie Kondo with a stark home. I do find that my closets are filled with things that I have not touched in ages. So it was time to thin the herd. I don't throw away sentimental or photos or meaningful things. But selling a Cuisinart Ice Cream maker that was only used once puts money in my pocket and makes someone else happy. :-)
So sorry you two are battling the crud. Be well soon.
The premise of the Sisters sounds good but I'll never know. Don't have Netflix.
Yes I finished it lol. I actually thought the last couple episodes saved it to make it lean towards the good side.
I also watched Sisters, good but man can you imagine?
Julie. So I have to get to the end then? Aah geez.
Sisters may have a 2nd season I saw. We will see.
It made me laugh a lot but steeped in drama. I can't fathom any of it. Especially when she was drunk and sees that she slept with her "brother" Eeew. I can't even imagine how awful that was for her or him.
I am doing nothing tonight but laying on the sofa or in bed. I will probably watch more of Russian doll to see if I can get through it. She has met the man who dies again too. I have to admit in ep 2 when she kept falling over the thing on the sidewalk it made me laugh each and every time.
It's funny. Being a lady of leisure and retired, I still look forward to staying in on dark, rainy days. When you don't have to drive in it or work in it, it's much more fun. We've signed up for Hulu, I'm not sure which version, and I have watched several of their original programs. One is called Chance and Hugh Laurie "Dr. House" plays the lead. It was interesting. So far I have enjoyed what I've seen.
Post a Comment