Friday, September 14, 2018

I'm here!!

Rick enjoys busting my chops about my family and me.
I had an Uncle Angelo who did this every time I saw him.
The first time Rick witnessed this was when we arrived at my parent's house.
Uncle Ange was sitting at the kitchen island and as I walked in he lifted his arms and would say, "Hey Peggy's here" a laugh kind of sound was at the end or beginning of this phrase.
I loved/adored this man. 
I never really thought about all the times he's done that.
Until we saw this on Everybody Loves Raymond.

I had an Uncle Joe who did the same thing.
One day when I lived in an apartment above my Aunts house he stopped by to give this sister in law of his some vegetables from his garden.
Rick and I were walking out of our apartment and saw Uncle Joe on the porch and he said, "Peggy's here!"
Rick burst into laughter.
Again I honestly never noticed this before Rick pointed it out to me.

Last night I got an email from my former sister in law in Vermont. 
She wrote how excited they are about my visit.
Her husband (my ex's brother) may cry and get very emotional when he sees you just so you are prepared. She went on, He told me that I can't wait to hug her and I can't believe Peggy will be here. yeah!

Oh no! Why did he read my email. I knew the ribbing was about to start.
Rick read this and said, "If any of them raise their arms like your Uncle's and say Peggy's here YIPEE" I want it on video.

Now look, I have a sister or two who would only cheer if I left the room. 
So not everyone does this but enough of them that my damn husband must torture me about it. 

"Why Rick can't you just be happy that people like me instead of making fun of me about this?". 
"Now, what fun would that be? C'mon Margaret"


9 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

That's a pretty sweet way to be welcomed into a group. I've heard people in my family say, "Well look who's here" once in a while...not the same thing though.

Olga said...

Gee, I don't believe anyone was ever that happy to see me. And I a sure Rick tortures out of love. Youguys are too funny.

Cruisin Paul said...

I would love to here someone say " Hey Paul's here". That would make me feel so good. Peggy, you were a lucky lady and Rick is saying it our of LOVE. See ya.

Cruisin Paul

Mike said...

Hey, Peg's got two posts today! (raises hands) YEAH!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - that is because Peg is too dumb to schedule it correctly. It was to be for tomorrow. Read it again on Sat. :-)

Peace Thyme said...

What a lovely, warm story. There is love in your family, honey.

Susan Kane said...


Families! Gotta love 'em!

Julie H said...

LOL That's great!

Tanza Erlambang - Every Day Issues said...

nice to have lovely family