Thursday, September 20, 2018

Achilles

I've been in baseball mode.
1 more game we must not let them clinch in our house.
That is all I ask the baseball God's.

I went to the foot doctor regarding my Achilles for a follow-up.
I hate that boot but I love that boot.
The compression feels great,

So, of course, I say this out loud thinking it is a harmless remark.
But are there harmless remarks in my house with Rick around?
As is the case Rick grabbed it and won't let go.

He asked if he had to buy me those old lady knee-high compression socks.
He told me that would be a nice look on me as he is cracking himself up. 
He said I'd look like my Grandma.
He then reminded me of my old Italian grandmother who wore knee highs with her hairy legs and with a dress.

I reminded him those were not compression garments, just knee highs.
I ask, "Gee don't you think that's a hot look? You don't think I should do that?"
He continues laughing telling me I will be wearing that look in no time.
He reminds me that Ancestry.com just sent me an update on my DNA.
He tells me I am destined to look like her. 

Apparently, with new science, they are updating data.
He got the same thing from Amazon only different results.
I am 96% Italian and 4% Turkey and Caucasus, whatever that is.
So now he is having a field day with this Italian stuff.

I will be the bearded lady in my old age according to him. You know the old joke, why do Italian men grow mustaches? To look like their mother. 
So he's been on this line of thought all week. 

Honestly every chance he gets to give me a hard time.
He won't let up about my old lady things happening to me.
If compression socks show up in my Xmas stocking he is a dead man.

19 comments:

Peace Thyme said...

Hey, Peg. Tell him to can the insults. I am wearing one of those knee-high compression things for another month on left leg. Then on the thigh, a heavy duty wrap all the way from my knee-high to my you know what. No fun. But I still consider myself sexy as hell!! (I have to in order to stand how I really must look!)

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

The only way to fight the knee-high compression socks jokes is to come up with your own involving compression jock straps for old men who have trouble with the balls hanging too low to keep in their underpants. Just sayin'.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Peace - If I tell him to can the insults it will only encourage him so I must fight tit for tat. I'll wear a damn compression sock if I want to! :-) I hope it's helping you as much as this is working on my achilles.


Jean - OMG that made me laugh. I am going to throw that at him at the appropriate time.
Thank you very much. Check is in the mail. :-)

Mike said...

The Cardinals have made it into the wildcard spot. Whether they stay there is the big question.

I guess I'm not old enough to have my balls hanging out of my underpants. Someday, maybe.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yea, we have an opportunity for WC as well. But they are not playing well. I do like your old team's Luke Voit though. Wow. I just don't want Boston to clinch the division in our house. That is all I ask. Wait until Friday. :-)
And yes, you are.

April said...

Our DNA stuff changed. My dad's dna said he was Great Britain and Irish. His mom was 100% French. No it says he's French!

Olga said...

If compression socks show up in my Xmas stocking he is a dead man.

OMG. I cannot stop laughing. I am in hysterics here.

And if he ends up dead, I will definitely be a witness in your defense!!!

Susan Kane said...

Oh, Jean that is perfect.

Compression socks are no joke. My husband wears them daily. One ankle swells 1 inch larger than the other.

My tween gr-daughters love knee highs. Full of personality. Can wear them over compression socks.

Cardinals! Yay! You go, redbirds.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

April, your dad got an ancestry update too?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, thank you! I'm sure it will be needed!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Susan, how funny that your grandaughters like knee highs. I agree the compression sock is no joke!! Another Cardinal fan huh? I can root for them unless playing my team.😁

Julie H said...

My mom and all my neighbor ladies love those Sketchers with the memory foam.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie that is what I wore for my appointment and he said they are awful. phooey. If I listened to him I would be wearing the ugly birkenstock. not gonna happen.

RO said...

I'll have you know that I have about 7 boxes of those compression socks in different colors.(lol) The truth is that I never wore them, and ended up giving all except one away. I hope that you're pain free though. May you both have a fantastic weekend! Hugs...RO

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ro - 7? wow. Have a great weekend. Made another batch only really hot this time. doubled the hot peppers and now smoke comes out of your ears after eating. Love it.

April said...

Yes sorry should of said now his updated DNA says 30% French.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

April, mine is spot on. I was told I was 100% Italian my whole life and I am except for 100's and 100's of years ago through migration those in that area I mentioned migrated to Italy. So I guess your dad is now 30% French. Qui?

Abby said...

You're 96% Italian - close enough to 100%, seems to me. With the US being such a melting pot, I'm thinking 96% or more of any one is rather rare. I have no idea what a Caucasus is. I admit to laughing at the Italian mom joke :).
I have three pairs of compression socks from my lunch lady days... goes with the territory?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, never heard that one before huh? I am no longer laughing at compression socks, boot or whatever. I'm old and must realize this shit happens even though I hate more than anything.