Friday, January 6, 2017

Crazy World

We live in a crazy world don't we?

As I sit at my desk and type this I am listening to the horror at the Ft. Lauderdale airport. As I type this they don't seem to have a lot of information.
I think I am going to become a hermit.

Speaking of crazy people....
My husband has a facebook page.
Last week a man sent a message to my Rick via Facebook messenger.
This man wrote to say they had the same name and that his grandfather was from England and it went on and on. Asked where Rick lived, where he's from etc.
My Rick replied.

The next day when MY Rick opened Facebook he saw a posting that read as follows: Apparently there is another Rick Hxxxxx on facebook who has been liking my posts and trying to communicate with me. If you see a posting by Rick Hxxxxx with a cover photo of a fiftyish man, tee shirt, glasses--it's NOT me.

My Rick went to respond and saw that he was blocked. So he saw a family member there and went to her and wrote back the following:
"Jody, This is the other Rick Hxxxxx. I hope you get a message to the RIck Hxxxxx you know. I'm not trying to stalk him or anything. He reached out to me to tell me about his grandfather from England so I thought he wanted to connect with me on some level. Apparently he was upset by me liking some of his posts. Did he forget that he was the one that made contact first?? While I appreciate the fact that he thinks I am 50ish.. (actually in my 60's) I wanted people to know that he reached out to me. Please apologize to him if I offended him or bothered him after he messaged me. I have blocked him and I assume since I can't message him, he has blocked me. Thanks."

His niece who Rick wrote to contacted Rick via messenger and they chatted that he seems to be getting forgetful. Rick explained to her what he first approached him about and what his other FB messenger comments said to My Rick.
She understood and appreciated my Rick reaching out to her to let her know the situation. She said that he has been doing a lot of "goofy" things of late and they are getting concerned.

I saw the guys FB page and he appeared to be a cool old dude. I get why Rick "liked" a couple of posts. A guitar player, musician and actually seemed to have some interests just like my husband which is the funny part. He also seemed to really enjoy/like weed. He had a lot of posts about pot. So perhaps he was stoned and forgot he sent my Rick several messages via FB messenger.  He appears to be in his mid - late 70's.

I got a kick out of him thinking Rick was 50ish.
That made my old Rick's week!







10 comments:

Julie H said...

What a weirdo. If he blocked him he wouldn't be able to see him at all on FB. He must have just blocked him through the IM?

I'm wondering where the shooting took place at that airport. Had to be before security or in the baggage area?

Silver in AZ said...

wow, that Rick Rick thing is weird. Sorry to put you two through that.

Not on the Ft. L thing, but DT continues to be daily object d'horror. eeks.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, I'm sure you know by now, but yes, baggage claim. And yes my Big Guy was blocked in messenger. I think he could possibly be dealing with dementia or that type of thing. or my theory that he was stoned. who knows.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Silver I predict an impeachment and his party will turn on him.

Mike said...

I could leave Rick a message about this gal I know with the last name of Hxxxxx. Then send him some pictures that are a few years old. What do you think?!

Olga said...

Thanks for stopping by blog.
I am seriously considering just driving when it is time for me to go north again! Just some awful things happening lately. Maybe I should go an extra 100 miles north,

Anonymous said...

What if the other Rick was suffering dementia AND he was stoned? What a combo! Hope this little situation is resolvable.

LL Cool Joe said...

All this makes me so happy I'm not on Facebook.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

LL - agreed. I am thinking of closing my FB down. Had enough - especially political crap.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Brian - wow, that would be a combination wouldn't it? When Rick showed me his page we had a good laugh that most of it was pot. He had GREAT music on there and things about drums and wood working which are loves of my husbands which we thought was interesting. Rick played drums all his life, does woodworking and loves rock music. But I think the poor fella is confused and that is sad. My Rick said, "he probably has a few hits of pot, forgets he had some, has some more and it damn forgetful.