Do you all read reviews? In our business, it is a necessary evil of sorts.
Out of the 121 reviews online 2 are crazy. I have even had customers when booking that will bring up 1 of the reviews and how funny the person was.
So sane people do see the crazy.
I read reviews before I buy and then make my own decision on what is important to me. But this situation that just happened to me was eye opening.
I purchased a product that I had been eyeing since I was in my mid-40's.
I read all the accolades and thought it was too pricey. But then I received something in the mail about a bundle of the products for a great price.
When they arrived, to my dismay they were all tiny sample sizes.
I laughed at myself for being so stupid to not realize at this price they were smaller than normal. I used this for 2 weeks. Not enough time to know its working. I wouldn't spend the money again. So to me when this ran out I was done. Lesson learned. But then yesterday I received an email to review this bundled kit. I hit the link and began my review. It would not allow me to say, these are sample sizes or anything they perceived as negative. I didn't see this as a negative but telling the consumer that while the product is good it is very small. I was shocked. I could only get this accepted if it was a glowing review. So I backed out of this and refused to review the product. I got another email asking me why I did not finish. I wrote back and said why. They said that telling the consumer that this set was small wasn't positive. I said that it was for me to review and I felt that was a truthful and accurate review. We didn't see it the same way so I did not leave a review. So next time you see StriVectin reviews and they are all happy and positive you'll know why.
And speaking of reviews, have you seen this story? This is the kind of thing I see all the time. The crazier the customer the worse the review.
I think this manager and restaurant owner did the right thing.
If I were this customer I'd be dying of embarrassment that I had pooped my pants and sat there drinking with my friends as though nothing happened.
I don't think I'd be bringing attention to myself.
Who the hell does that kind of thing? Go ahead, read it, laugh, then shake your head at this entitlement brat. Do you think the owner/manager did the right thing? Is the customer always right here?
Come on tell me your thoughts?...well, aside from Eeewww!!
7 comments:
The first comment is someone saying they were with her and it wasn't her. Weird. I'd die.
I read reviews a lot, especially on hotels.
Yea Julie not buying that but either way it's gross right? Bottom line, if I pooped my pants in public I wouldn't draw attention to myself, well anymore than already has been drawn to me.
I would die - how could any of her "friends" sit with her??
Also like to see picture of girl to see if it really was her.
I look at reviews and then make my own choice.
What was it that you bought????
April - StriVectin. It was a kit of 4 of their items. Greatly reduced so I knew they would be smaller, but this was ridiculous.
Something tells me this wasn't the first time for the pooper.
Since I usually buy from Amazon and Ebay, I have never had a product posting a review so this is interesting to me. How can it be considered a review if only good things are allowed. That is no use to anyone.
Barbara, exactly!! I hope you are high and dry in Texas.
Post a Comment