Monday, June 13, 2016

Izzy's Vacation

My dog and Rick had a nice vacation.
It rained the first 2 days and we couldn't get the one TV to work.
When we did we found we had very few channels to actually watch.
So we played board games and I became known as the Yahtzee Queen.
Can you believe Rick never played Yahtzee as a kid? We played cards and scrabble and had cocktails. Rain be damned.

I worked from 8am to noon and while that sucked, we still had a nice time.
Let me show you.

This was the dock roof top deck. The first day of sun was cool and breezy up there but wine helped.

have wine will travel

One day we pulled into a cove and had lunch, a few refreshments and let the dog swim , which she did non-stop. She looks for fish for hours while we played in the water, had lunch and watched people.  We watched a very large woman try to paddle board while we sat in chairs judging her. Like we could do it. Rick would say, if she does this it will help her. For the love of God neither of us could do that so who do we think we are? When she finally did it, we applauded and everyone on her boat in the pic did too and they were screaming. 
She waved and bowed to us. 
It was funny. 

These 2 were having fun. To me the water was cold. But after a 90 degree day and a few tequilas I was in the water with them. I believe Rick said his garmin said it was 77 degrees. I prefer bath water myself. 

See this path from the water? Don't go potty in the woods here...there is a hiking trail through this. Don't ask me how I know this.

Doing nothing exhausts Rick apparently.

 Izzy swam every day for at least 4 hours straight. Most days more.
 She will even sit on the boat and just wait for you to drive her around. We've created a diva. She's waiting for us here. 
Apparently I wasn't moving fast enough for her and Rick.
I love her summer highlights coat, it gets so red when the sun is on her.


  Rick was fishing and he went to the back of the boat and said,"Watch the line Izzy" Joking of course. By God, she never looked away until he was back up front.  Too damn funny. 

This is a happy wet dog. She was wet for 7 days.


This is the last day on the patio. She started out like this holding her water toy but....
ended up like this.  Dog tired right here. She's still sleeping to catch up. Poor girl is 7 now and can't keep going like she used to. Like her mom. 

This just makes me laugh. We were in the house and she was sick of my phone in her face. This is her evil eye telling me to knock it off woman! Can you see that?




6 comments:

Mike said...

"I prefer bath water myself."

90+ degrees at least.

Barbara said...

It does look like a wonderful place to stick your toes in the water. I'm not much on cold water either so a lawn chair, a book and plenty of sun would be good. Izzy will remember this vacation forever. When you see her legs wiggling at night, she will be dream of swimming in the lake. LOL

Julie H said...

Looks like a nice time. I grew up playing Yahtzee and play it on my phone now lol (the app is called Dice). I keep saying I think maybe I'll just take off by myself and not tell anyone where I went....

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

oh c'mon Julie can I go with you?

shortybear said...

nice pictures

alessandra said...

Quite envious of your lovely vacation here, evil's eye da best! LOL!