Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Part 2

We sat on these type chairs on our first day. (Friday) The sun came in and out. In this pic it looks cold and overcast. It wasn't really cold but yet I was getting chilly and put my towel over me when the sun went in.  Rick suggested we head to the pool instead where he told me it would be warmer.

He was right it was like another climate all together. Sunny and warm. The pool was heated and was delightful to me. Rick called me a wuss and then he went in and said, "aah, this is nice"  See?  Not jacuzzi hot, but just right.  Not too warm and not at all cold. There was a jacuzzi in the corner too but I don't enjoy the hot water soup. There were a lot of elderly in there most of the time. There are a couple of pools at this hotel but the one we used is the one outside our hotel room a few floors down.   See the 2nd level off the pool area?  They had family movies there one evening. A bunch of parents and kids were up there watching Mrs. Doubtfire and you could smell the popcorn. Nice idea for the families.

 See that contraption on the bottom of the photo above? That was a chair that lowered the older folks or those with a disability into the pool. I told Rick if anything else happened to him while we are there at least this chair lift was there. That made him laugh. See this sunny shot of the pool below?  Same day. Weird how it was so nice by the pool and so icky on the gulf side.


On Sunday there was a couple in this pool while we were there that made us all get out of the pool. Thankfully it was our last day. This couple was stuck to one another like glue. Rick thought they may just want to go to their room. But no, they felt it best to do it in the pool in front of the kids and we adults. This woman was "doing something to her friend" We could all see what her hand was doing. Someone must have told the manager or someone because they were asked to leave. It took him a bit before he could get out of the pool. Gross. Not enough chlorine for me - I'm outta that pool!

In this picture below from my balcony we watched a drunk woman pee. The bathroom was just a few feet away. That was our first night here when I told you it was a crazy wedding beneath us. She walked over to this area pulled up her dress and peed right there for all to see. I mean to tell you that no matter how much I've had to drink I have never done that in front of people.
Rick yelled so she'd know we were there. She smiled and waved. Go figure.

This foot below is swollen shingles foot. The sun made it feel better and his pain is down to what he called a manageable 2. (on a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being the worst)
Friday night we had dinner with my cousin, who I adore.  Bob just lost his partner to heart disease and he's naturally in a bit of a funk. We went to eat at a place he suggested. He said he'd come to us and he'd drive us there. We kept saying it was only 1 1/2 blocks from our hotel we could walk it. He kept saying that we were probably thinking of somewhere else.

He arrived. We hugged, had a glass of wine and off we went. We got in his car, pulled out of the parking lot and we were there. We all began to laugh. He said, "I really thought it was on Madiera Beach not so close to you guys."  We had a wonderful meal and great laughs and conversation.  He asked me if I wanted to see others who lived in Florida. I said, "I know it sounds bad but we just want to relax, play it by ear, we've had a helluva winter."  He said he understood.

Saturday morning he calls and says, "I've invited everyone over here at 3:30p. They are all so excited to see you. BYOB." OMG. we really didn't want to have to do this. Why didn't he hear us tell him no?

But we did it and it was great so there ya go. It rained all day Saturday.
We started off with bacon and eggs for breakfast with coffee. That soon turned into mimosas. We watched it rain and we drank.  There were 3 boys who ventured out into the rain and set up this HUGE jenga game on a table. Never have I seen jenga blocks so large before.
The boys were drenched and didn't care. When it go so high they couldn't reach they moved a chair in the sand to get closer to stand on. We were the peanut gallery and we applauded and boo'd when appropriate. The boys would bow and laugh. We had a terrifically lazy morning and afternoon listening to the rain and watching the boys in the rain as their mom yelled at them to come inside. They never paid attention to her.

I loved every minute of it. No where I had to be until 3:30p and it was warm rain. We ate lunch in our room and just laughed and had a great day. Even had an awesome nap.  Nothing better than a nap.
The video I can't get to be right side up though. Yeah, I sound buzzed. I am....champagne and mango, peach, orange juice all morning long. You'll have to turn your head side ways. :-)



The party that my cousin threw was great. I saw a lot of family I haven't seen in a while and we all laughed, ate, drank and laughed some more. Great fun. So I'm glad he didn't listen to us.  I truly love these people and we had some good laughs and it is always good for the soul to spend time with them.

Sunday we saw on the weather channel that it was snowing at home. WHAT? It was in the 70's when we left. Then we saw that they were getting a cold spell as well coming in Sunday night right here. Oooh boy did it ever. We had no sweaters or sweatshirts of any kind. Hell, Rick didn't have any socks. We ran over to Target Sunday afternoon and he bought a jacket and I got a hoodie. I had to have something to wear home since I only had warm weather clothes. Pickings were slim since we were in florida and looking for winter clothes.
Rick bought himself a pair of socks as well. He wore them Sunday night to dinner and he was thrilled he had them. Boy it got very windy and cold around 6ish Sunday night. We knew we had done the right thing for traveling home with these new clothes because it was going to be a helluva lot colder when we got home.

Monday morning heading to the airport it was 50 degrees and windy.  Again glad we had the warmer clothes to put on. Damn it was cold. Add a sunburn to that and I was damn chilly.
I'm sure now that I am home Treasure Island is warm again. Sadly it's still pretty cool here damn it.

I'm going to leave with these two photos from when we left Dulles last Thursday.
We got to the airport a bit too early. We got an email from United telling us with spring break to give ourselves an extra hour. We did and did not need it.
So we had dinner at the airport at my boyfriends place.  YUM.

But as we sat there my hubby took a pic of this young womans shoes. He asked me if I could walk in them. I laughed and said, "I fall over nothing in sneakers what do you think?"  They are very Herman Munster like don't you think? She walked very well in them.

All in all this trip was exactly what the doctor ordered. Relaxation. Spending time with a hubby that isn't sick and laughing a great deal of the time. Too bad we had to come back to reality.

6 comments:

April said...

Yes got the second part!!

Video not playing :(

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

April - hmm...it's playing when I went to it just now. I don't know what it going on then. Can it be your work computer not allowing you to view this?

Blogoratti said...

Lots of nice looking photos, warm greetings!

Barbara said...

I'm so glad everything worked out so well in Florida. Sounds like just what the doctor ordered to get your spirits back in order. And, yes, I've been in Florida when it got cool and their cool feel a whole lot colder than Texas cool.

April said...

It says "this video is private"
See if you can email me it!!

Julie H said...

Sounds like a great trip even though the weather wasn't the best!