Friday, July 17, 2015

Weekly Random Updates

I found this statement along with a photo of Jenny McCarthy's new pink hair very funny.
"Now that her hair is taken care of, McCarthy can get back to spreading dangerous misinformation about public health and contributing to outbreaks of previously eradicated diseases among children. And she'll look fabulous doing it."

My husband drove all the way to Quantico yesterday to work on a job and realized he didn't have his wallet with him when they wouldn't allow him to enter without the proper ID. He called the office bitching a fit that we had to reschedule this. After he had his hissy fit I said, "you do know you are yelling and no one did this to you, you did this to yourself."

His response? "I know, but I can't yell at me. If I bitch to you, you'll yell at me."  And then he burst into laughter.  Idiot.

My diva dog is losing hair at the rate of Shih Tzu a day. We don't know why this is happening. Along with the hair loss, she is limping sporadically. Like when she first gets up after a nap. 
She sure isn't sore when it comes time to swim every afternoon, but I think we need to see what is going on here. Too late to be blowing her coat. I furminate her daily. I vacuum 2 x a day unless being lazy then only 1. I have tumble weeds of hair - no exaggeration here. It's scary. I fear I may have a hairless dog soon.  I am taking her to the vet under protest from Rick on Tuesday morning. He thinks I worry needlessly. When she looks like a bald Labrador then he may think it's a good time to go to the Vet. When her leg falls off and not before.  Can too many cooked carrots make her shed like this? That is the only thing she gets as a treat these days. 

I told a customer this morning that we will not change the color of their toilet. Told them no one will do that due to the standing water. It will not look good nor last at all. He still insists.  He went on and on. He said then only the outer part and leave the inside white.  "
I am an interior designer and my client wants it gray, they insist!" He shouted into the phone.
Fine then buy a damn Kohler gray toilet, they sell them in 2 shades of gray.
 I also explained if done, it would need to be in place, not transported and all the reasons why.
I asked if the commode  was in NoVa. He said no, in DC. 
I said we do not service DC or MD only NoVA.. He went bat shit crazy on me at 7:30a this morning. Apparently he has heard NO for 2 days. He has also heard NO to servicing the District. (yes, most won't service that area unless based in that area) He then demanded to speak to the owner. I told him the owner was working in a government area where he can't use his phone this morning but by early afternoon he will call me for messages and I can certainly have him call you then. Will that work for you? He made a dramatically loud sigh that made me almost laugh and he said,"Fine."
Let Rick deal with that hot mess I don't get paid enough (or paid), so he can deal with this unhappy male interior designer having a massive hissy fit.

I got the worst haircut ever 3 weeks ago. I had a good cry upon coming home. After that I have been wearing a baseball cap the majority of the time. I am going up north as I mentioned here to see family I haven't seen in some time. I also am dealing with some medical issues that rear there head from time to time and that has caused a great deal of swelling. I wear a size 10 pants. My 12's are tight when this happens. Not from eating or at least I'd feel better knowing that I ate myself into a 12. But from swelling. My hands, face, body, the whole gamut is swollen. My feet look like Barney Rubble feet. My ankle bones have gone MIA.  While there is pain with this and a plethora of other ailments that come with this it's the vanity shit that bugs me. Because I am a shallow shit. I have had this illness for a long time now. I am used to the pain, the shittiness of it all. But honestly the vanity of it really gets to me. I saw a neighbor who moved and she said, 'Oh my your face is puffy were you drinking last night?"  Now that is a hurtful thing to say if I were drinking. But no, my face is swollen and you can't see my cheekbones because of my illness. (bitch) Thankfully that shut her up and she moved on to something about her kids. Because she didn't care enough to ask how I was feeling it just was a question to me to let me know she thought I look like shit. Aren't people nice?

I told my sister when I pick her up at the airport I will be the naked one in the baseball cap. 
My clothes don't fit and my hair looks like shit.  She never missed a beat and said, "Okay it's been awhile since I've seen you but that will certainly help me, I don't think you'll need to hold up a placard."
Ah, ya gotta love my sister.



12 comments:

Mike said...

So you get prednisone face without the prednisone. Lucky you.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - EXACTLY - only full body. fun, fun, fun.

Blogoratti said...

So sorry to hear about your condition, and yes people can be so mean sometimes.

April said...

Could he just be shedding his winter coat?
My house is over the top with dog hair - I brushed KC last weekend and I'm not shitting you it was a trash bag full and only one side of her!!!!! So what's a step up of tumble weeds - that's what mine are! (3 dogs and 2 cats)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

April, normally she sheds her winter coat in spring. Odd to be in July. We specifically use the fur-minator to get the undercoat which is the shedding. Seriously she is going to be bald. The the step up from tumble weeds is HOLY SHIT!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Blogarotti - thanks - You're a sweetheart.

LL Cool Joe said...

Charming neighbour you have. The bloating sounds a nightmare. I know all about wearing caps because of bad haircuts. The good thing is at least your hair grows back, well unless you are like your dog, and it falls out!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Joe, thankfully she is a neighbor who moved away. Yes, my hair will grow back but not fast enough darn it.

Ms. A said...

Good thing the dog doesn't suffer vanity issues, or Rick would be dealing with two!

flask said...

i read a thing this week in which there seems to be new data about how measles actually decreases your immunity to OTHER diseases.

also, i think i remember that you DO work in DC sometimes if the address is swanky enough.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

flask, nope, nothing to do with swanky. We went a few times during the beginning of the recession if just over the bridge. We are too far west to deal with that B.S.with no parking and HOV restrictions. Now that work is all back to normal we do not need to go there no matter what. It's a blessing to have a choice!!

I've had measles, haven't you?

Julie H said...

Man that swelling sucks :( You and your dog need a vacation from the gray toilet man.