Here are some photos to go along with my tales.
This one is so accurate to what I do all day that it made me laugh.
My first experience to share happened on Thursday just before 5pm.
I had a woman named Jennifer who was inquiring about 2 bathrooms and what needed done in each.
I gave her a quote and she literally whined like a cartoon. I can't even begin to tell you how that threw me at first. Am I speaking to a 3 year old toddler or is this a real grown up woman?
Then she proceeded to tell and ask me the following:
"If I get work done in 2 bathrooms will the 2nd bathroom be 1/2 off? I'm trying to have a baby and IVF is so expensive you know.
Here is what I wanted to say – f-off. If you can’t afford 2 bathrooms perhaps only do one or one at a time. When you go to McDonalds and you get 2 burgers do you think they will give you a discount because you are having a baby? Do you think the 2nd burger is free or 50% off.
I don’t give a rats ass if you are a baby maker. This is the price.
What I really said – Yes, I understand IVF is expensive but you can do these at different times if you’d like. The price is your price and will not go up after your estimate. Doing 2 bathrooms isn’t less work in any way so the price will remain the same.
She said, “Well isn’t this company only 1 man?”
Now I’m pissed. WTF does that matter in this scenario even if it still was?
I said, ‘No there are 3 men. (2 full time + 1 part timer numb nut which i do not share with her)
The price is the price Jennifer, I’m sorry. We do not discount the quality of our work nor the price. If we discount the price what steps would you like us to eliminate? Adhesion?
She laughs and says, “No of course not. But could you ask your boss.”
Sure, I said to get her the hell off the phone.
I spoke to her the following morning. You know after I asked MY BOSS.
"Jennifer, the price is the same as I quoted yesterday, I tell her .
(I told Rick the story knowing full well that there would be no discount and her comments would anger him)
“Okay, she whines, I will just book one at a time then.”
I booked it and wondered how many other places she goes telling her tale of woe is me I can't have a baby. I bet there are a lot of women who have this issue and have this pain. But they don't wear it like a badge of honor. Some people sure do like to be a victim I think.
I really don't understand this question. The price of the chemicals and products used is the same for each bathroom, it isn't less usage because it is 2 bathrooms. The cost of payroll, gas, insurances, etc is all the same it doesn't go down because we are doing 2 bathrooms. I don't get how people think it would be less. Oh well. In this rich area where the average household income is six figures you get a lot of cheap bastards. It's the folks who make far less money in near by counties that never ever ask these questions.
I know more than I could ever care to know about her fertility woes. Who does that? I don't believe I have ever over shared except here on my blog. My contractors don't know my problems. Then it occurred to me that she's hormonal from the IVF and all those hormone shots and that hopefully explains the whining. God, I hope so anyway.
I know more than I could ever care to know about her fertility woes. Who does that? I don't believe I have ever over shared except here on my blog. My contractors don't know my problems. Then it occurred to me that she's hormonal from the IVF and all those hormone shots and that hopefully explains the whining. God, I hope so anyway.
Rick went to a home a few weeks ago. The man just got back from Afghanistan and met Rick at the door. He was missing a leg and still didn't have his permanent prosthesis. He sat on the toilet for awhile talking to Rick. Rick asked a lot of questions about the war. Rick said they had a nice conversation and he had a great dog. (it's always about the dog with Rick).
When it was over Rick gave him a military discount to thank him for his service.
He didn’t ask for one, he didn’t ask for anything. That is why he got it. He was genuinely surprised and thanked him.
That's another issue around these parts. Every call asks for a military discount. They aren't in the military but ask anyway. One guy asked for a military discount driving a Mercedes in a 2 million dollar home in Loudoun county. You just know he wasn't military at age 32 with all these accoutrements. He was dressed in a nice suit so not behaving or looking like the military Rick asked what he did in the military. He said, "Oh my father was in the service, not me" No, buddy you don't get a discount.
That's another issue around these parts. Every call asks for a military discount. They aren't in the military but ask anyway. One guy asked for a military discount driving a Mercedes in a 2 million dollar home in Loudoun county. You just know he wasn't military at age 32 with all these accoutrements. He was dressed in a nice suit so not behaving or looking like the military Rick asked what he did in the military. He said, "Oh my father was in the service, not me" No, buddy you don't get a discount.
Thankfully not yet. But who shops on Tuesday? Would I go for my 10%. Doubtful, but possible.
I have never even used my AARP for a discount. If you book travel or hotels it isn't any cheaper with that card. At least I haven't found it to be. I looked for our trip to Florida and our room was a whooping $1 less. Wow I can get that new kidney now. Not worth it. I applied for dental insurance through AARP, it was the same with or without AARP involved. I don't see any benefits. I don't eat dinner at 4 so no early bird specials for me just yet either.
This sign is just 'cause I find it funny and I agree.



7 comments:
I forget to ask for senior discounts most of the time.
I just found out that Home Depot offers a (retired) military discount. Now I have to try and find my DD214.
Mike - DD214? I'm 38DDD - same thing?
Were you and I separated at birth? LMAO! This is why I can't deal with the general public. I have no filter. I, on the other hand, always ask for the senior discount and it pisses me off when they just give it to me without asking for proof. :)
Jayne - oh I know we were. I am the dark haired short version. :-)
It's getting harder and harder for me to be nice. That is why there is wine after work.
Last week a man told Rick that the "gal" in his office was so nice and helpful with him that is why he choose our company over another. Rick text me because I told Rick the man was a royal pain in the ass and kept repeating the same questions and I was getting so frustrated with him. I'm still hiding it, I should get an academy award. But it's getting harder and harder.
Does she expect discounts for each IVF? Guess if they implant more than one and she has multiples, that could be considered a discount! Two, or three for the price of one. Maybe she'll get lucky, but it sure will cost her down the road!
ugh people drive me nuts at work. I had someone bitching to me yesterday and I was like you can cancel your application, call this 800 number or just try to let me help you, which one would you like?
But Julie, I can't do it all by myself. (said all whiney)
I called verizon wireless today for some help and the man actually said, "look it is what it is, deal with it." I called about my cell phone and the issues I was having. I asked if I could get this changed?
So apparently not and I have to deal with it.
I so wish I could say that. Instead I laughed at his rudeness because I do get it, I just never would speak to someone like that even though I want to. I also don't like being spoken to like that.
Post a Comment