Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tuesday Random Items

Anyone out there watch 60 Minutes on Sunday?  I found the clinical trial story at Duke extremely interesting and hopeful. The inventor of this I hope can get rich in the same way Bill Gates or Steve Jobs gets rich for their inventions. People who devote their lives to curing diseases should get the same rewards as an inventor of technology if not more. Or a baseball player.
Curing cancer would be pretty remarkable to see in my lifetime.
__________
Rick got a great video of Izzy on her 2nd swim of the season. He took it on his phone and his phone is so different from mine. It is very easy to send to an email, text, blogger etc on my phone. On Rick's we can't figure it out at all. I so wanted to post it.  Oh well. She was snoring on Sunday on the sofa. Rick and I were talking about the upcoming day and I went to the sink to rinse my coffee cup and said the word 'swim', which i normally spell. But the dog is snoring I don't need to spell. WRONG.  She heard that word and jumped up and ran to the front door.
Rick looked at me and said, "Guess we're going swimming"  Izzy whimpers at the door and whimpers for him to throw the toy so she can swim.  It's crazy.  That water had to be really really cold.  Until it's 70 (the water not the air) I wouldn't go in there!.  
_________
We purchased a new dishwasher in December and it won't stop running.
The only way we could get it to stop is to turn off the breaker to the dishwasher. We called support and they walked us through some things  but it still wouldn't stop running. So they set up an appointment for us to have a technician come to our home. This was Sunday. Today, they were to be here between 8am and 10am. They called last night to let me know the time.  They showed up at 9:45am. Apparently it was due to either too much soap or we had a dish or plate or something block the water and it backed up or some such nonsense. Nothing he told me made any sense. He was adamant about the soap. I told him I used Finish pods. How can I use too much soap? He then went on a ramble about never ever using Cascade. I already knew that and told him, but that didn't stop him from going on and on and on about it. The tech  was afraid of Izzy. Since I am afraid/scared to death, of cats I asked if he wanted me to put her upstairs because I get a fear.. He said emphatically a loud OH NO.. But he was skittish. Izzy did nothing more than bring him a ball. No bark, never came to the door, only walked over to him when he got to the dishwasher to give him her favorite ball.  He jumped and said, "does he bite?"  
I wanted to say I imagine if she did she would have by now.  But I took his fear seriously and asked again if he wanted her upstairs. I told him, "She's just giving you her ball."  He said, "please move her." 

I sent Izzy to the stairs and she laid on the 2nd floor landing, she could see everything but far enough away for our technician. She stayed there the whole time until.he got close to me to sign the paperwork, Izzy came between us. I was going to tell him not to get close but he did it so quickly and boom, she was there.
I know she does that all the time when strange men are here and I'm alone. So I knew what she was doing but he didn't. I grabbed her and held her so he didn't get scared. He said, "At least HE doesn't bark." Apparently barking scares him more than the actual dog. I moved Izzy to the stairs again. She laid on the landing watching over her kingdom.  I signed it and stayed a safe distance away so she wouldn't  leave the landing.
He thanked me and said, "she really doesn't bark huh?" I said, "she barks but not often. If you lift your arm to me, harm me, knock on the door while she's sleeping, she'll bark."  never trained her to do this but I've seen it often.
He said, "Big dogs scare me a little bit, I have a small dog that barks a lot"  I told him that big dogs don't need to bark. He laughed. He thanked me and ran out of here.
I'm just glad to have my dishwasher back. I am so very spoiled. I have been doing dishes since Sunday. I told Rick we use too many dishes/glasses etc.  Rick did them last night and said, "Man I hate this."  He did them once.
________
Last night I dvr'd Kimmel because I wanted to see Van Halen. I have always thought that Sammy Hagar was the best lead singer for the bad. This morning we watched it with our morning coffee. OMG David Lee Roth looked dreadful, sounded worse and it sucked.
Van Halen is still great, Eddie never sounded or looked healthier or better. Wolfie Van Halen was also very good. The lead "singer" was horrific. He can no longer sing at all. He just said words. He also had a broken nose. He looked as bad as he sounded and it was sad. Because honestly Sammy Hagar should be up there rockin' 
________
It is 70 today. I think spring may actually be here. Although my hometown got more snow. A friend sent me pictures. I feel badly for them. They may not see the pavement until June/July. I was shocked to see how much they not only got overnight but how much was still on the ground.

5 comments:

Mike said...

The problem with the repair guy makes me want to come and play with Izzy.

Ms. A said...

Izzy is such a well-behaved girl!

Had to break down and turn on the AC yesterday. Held off as long as I could.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

C'mon over Mike.

Ms.A- show off!

April said...

Ok - I was fixing to say that he didn't sound bad until I listened! But I still and always be David Lee Roth fan as the lead singer, sorry!
But OMG Eddie looks so good! Age is good on him!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

april - well we disagree and so does the internet with you. so there. :-) Seriously I always have preferred Sammy. Still do like him in Chicken Feet. And yes, age and sobriety look good on Eddie don't they? His son looks like the Italian side of the family. :-)