Tuesday, October 14, 2014

New Jeans

I was shopping for jeans in this pretty pink store.
The sales woman was super helpful and showed me what she said were the best seller and if I tried them on I would see why. They had a lot of stretch. And when I say a lot I mean it. But you wouldn't be able to tell at all she tells me enthusiastically 

I took them to the dressing room and as I was entering one room a tall drink of blonde water entered the room next to me. We smiled and nodded to one another as one does in this situation. I bet every thing looks great on her was the thought going through my head.

The sales woman is standing outside the dressing room by the mirror waiting for us.
Sadly I walked out to view myself in the mirror at the exact same time as this tall skinny bitch.

She squeals, “OMG  I LOVE THESE. I COULD DO YOGA IN THESE PANTS”

Honest to God at the same time I say "Oooh, I could eat in these pants!"

Never even occurred to me to exercise in my stretchy new jeans. 
Oh heavens no! 
My sick mind went directly to,  ooh, drinking and eating would be allowed in these stretchy new jeans. 

Pathetic aren't I?

10 comments:

Ms. A said...

So how many pair did you buy?

LL Cool Joe said...

Ha ha, I could picture the scene. The problem I find with stretch jeans, and yes it's really in fashion for mens jeans too, especially the skinny ones, is that there are certain areas I want held in, not allowed to stretch out. I can't help but feel I'm getting a bit of a Granddad arse. :D

Straight Up No Chaser said...

Cora, they were $125 so only 1 pair. But I LOVE them.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

LL - Oh I get that. they had two sytles - one that the woman said stretches out. The other does not. I bought those. They also were more money. But I do love them. They are actually Spanx jeans. I think I should have said that. So you know the kind of "HOLD" they have. :-)

Julie H said...

haha love it

Mike said...

At $125 a pair I think I would have been asking 'When do these go on sale?'

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - Ah spoken like a man...these never go on sale. Ever.

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Well, it is almost Thanksgiving and we all have to have those (special) pants so as to be comfy. I feel you were completely vilified in your thoughts. I hope you bought them!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Cottage - I wore them traveling and they were fabulously comfy. Too warm to wear jeans once I got to Florida though. But they are the best jeans ever. bending is easy and they fit like a glove. bending over picking up my empty bottles of wine wasn't the least bit difficult. :-)

Carma Sez said...

I love the way you think :D