By now you've all heard about the man who jumped the fence at the White House and got pretty darn close.
This made Rick and I chuckle because for him to get through each and every check point was unbelievable.
The first day they knew he was coming, he had an appointment, they had his license plate number etc.
When he got to the first post this big man to quote Rick, "went bat shit crazy on my ass" He said he had no record of him coming so he told him to move his truck and leave NOW. He grabbed Rick. Now knowing Rick the way I do when I heard this story I gasped at that because Rick doesn't take kindly to people being that aggressive to him and not allowing him to talk.
Thankfully at that point another man with guns came running down the drive yelling it was okay. And then the next checkpoint. And it went on like this for 3 post stop areas.
Rick suggested that perhaps that first man who was so damn mean and aggressive with Rick should be monitoring the fence. The guy that jumped didn't stand a chance with that big boy.
_____________
Our company left today at 1:00 p.m.
I'm exhausted.
I am taking the rest of the week off from cooking, baking and waiting on folks.
I need a break.
______________
Rick's daughter called me Saturday morning crying. Her husband has been "naughty"
Boy did the shine come off our new son in law.
They have been married a whole 15 months.
She has been dealing with his health issues. (heart)
I keep checking in on her because I worry about her holding up being the caregiver to him and his 3 sons.
He is 37, she is 34. She said that he has been a different person since this whole heart thing started. Living risky, always wanting to go out, drinking a lot, foolishness as she called it.
Because there is a cardiology psychologist as part of his team she suggested that perhaps they should talk to him. He said there was nothing wrong. She told me she called to see if she could go alone because she was so concerned about this new behavior.
I found it interesting that they have a psychiatrist or psychologist as part of the heart team. So maybe this isn't strange behavior but behavior that can sometimes happen after these type episodes. So I really understood what she was thinking. But they want them both to go not just her. He won't go. She did not tell him she tried to go alone either because she knew that would be feeding fuel to the fire.
The day he had his pace maker and defib installed into his chest he went straight home, changed his clothes and said, "C'mon let's go out." She said, "Really I would prefer for us to just chill tonight and I'll make dinner and we can open a bottle of wine and just hang out since the kids are at their moms" He said, "I'm going out with or without you."
He has been starting fights like this and with even more trivial matter.
The whole MO of a cheater.
They were at a friends house with a group of friends and son in law was trying to put some phone photos on the TV to show everyone. But instead his texts came up.
The last text was from a woman sitting right next to Rick's daughter.
It said to son in law, "I wish we could just be alone"
Daughter saw this and walked out and he followed.
You can only imagine what ensued after that.
He denied it all. (Oh please) Then the woman who was sitting next to daughter and who just text her hubby at that moment called daughter on the phone.
She said, "Oh it's just flirty texts"
Daughter said, "how dumb do you think I am?"
Cheating Woman says, "Please don't tell my husband."
Daughter said, "We'll see" and hung up on her.
She said she wanted her to sweat. She said she feels likes it is the only control she has of late and that made me laugh. I so understood.
Daughter and son in law had huge fight and she said she needed to be away for a couple of days to think this through - she couldn't talk or look at him right now.
So she is staying at a friends. She is a basket case. Who can blame her?!
So that was a fun call. My heart aches for her. I don't have a good feeling about this outcome.
Her father is not happy to say the least. Son in Law should be damn thankful he doesn't live close by. Rick could squish him like a bug.
Whatever happens we told her we are here to support her.
What we didn't tell her is how hard it will be for us should she forgive him.
The shine is off her knight in shining armor to us only.
But if she forgives him we have to accept that and move on.
It's not our marriage. It is between them.
But gee is it wrong to want to smack him around just a bit?
10 comments:
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about when you say it's hard for US to be able to forgive them! BOY DO I EVER!
Ms. A - yes but if they can forgive them we must try. But we are not in love with him so it's easier for us to feel differently. The shine is certainly off that is for damn sure. Like I said, Rick is ready to kill him. We really liked him too. Rat Bastard.
Tell Rick he missed a chance to double his White House price.
Mike, phase 2 begins this winter so I'll tell him.:-)
Cottage....oh you don't know how much he wants to do just that Tia. This will be a test of self control on Rick's part...if he can have self control.
Perhaps we could split the cost of a hit man to take out both of our worthless sons-in-law. And I feel your pain about the company leaving. Agnes's father (95 years old, bored, and cranky) has been with us for three weeks. Tomorrow she's taking him back home to Germany, and when she gets back, we're going to throw the quietest, least raucous party you've ever not heard.
Bill - Now there's an idea.....I'm Italian, I must know someone in my family tree who could do this...tee hee
Enjoy your quiet celebration!! I've only had people for a week. That is nothing to compared to you. There will be a reward for you I promise. :-)
There was a line "the kids are over at their moms . . .", so he obviously has an ex, Wonder what caused the first divorce? This whole thing might not be a new pattern for him. The heart issue might be at the core of some of the behavior change, but the cheating part might be an old habit.
I'd cut & run. Can't really have Rick go off on him either. What if that bad heart decided to explode just then? Just leave his ass swinging in the breeze.
Brian
Brian, interesting you should say that. Daughter told me last night she had to pick up the boys and while waiting for them talked to ex wife. Yep, same MO.
What I wonder is, how was this hidden for the last 4 years to her?
As her father said, "you must have seen this. there had to be signs. You lived with him for several years." She insists not until he got sick. Daughter also said the ex said to her, " he's good, but I didn't think it would happen this fast. I'm so sorry. The boys love you and you have been so good to them" Whole things sucks.
I'm with you on Rick not touching him for several reasons. One, it's just wrong. So there is that simple one. But we don't need to have his daughter blaming Dad for her husbands death either. :-)
I missed the White House thing. We have a couple of defense "places" here and they are crazy with security, I can just imagine the White House.
Your poor DIL. First going through the whole heart thing and then him being a cheater. He's probably thinking he's going to die so might as well go out and do everything and everyone.
My friend tells me all the bad things about her boyfriend and then I have to be nice to him when we are together. It's very difficult since I know he's just an asshole.
Post a Comment