The only reason I can type is because I can rest my wrists and arms on the keyboard desk hand/arm rest thingy or else I wouldn't be able to do this either.
Seriously I am sore.
I am pathetic as well. I joined a gym willingly.
What the hell is wrong with me?
I have 6 months to get into this great dress I had to buy for my step daughters wedding.
She told me the color family she wanted me in. Check
She told me that she didn't care if it were full length or cocktail length. Check
It is her day so I am abided by her wishes.
I am not a huge fan of the color but it works with my coloring.
However all these damn dresses are sleeveless. What the hell is up with that?
Even with a shawl, my big ole arms are exposed.
The problem with this is that I do not have great looking Michelle Obama arms.
I covet her arms!
I am struggling with a lot of the work out.
However, it is the strong concentration on my arms that is causing me the most pain because I told them my goal.
I'd bitch slap myself if I could lift my arms.
Do you know how heavy a glass of wine is?
Lifting is easier than bringing it towards my mouth though.
My biceps are burning. Hell everything is burning except my legs.
From my hips up I am in pain.
This weekend I couldn't even pour it for myself - Rick did it for me.
I asked for a straw so I didn't have lift the big ole wine glass.
Rick was my task master telling me to lift, sip, and down, lift, sip and down.
It made me laugh - my trainer for drinking.
Everyone should have one.
I meet a friend at the gym who is so far ahead of me. If I did her workout I'd die.
No exaggeration, I would fall over and die. I aspire to be her someday. I fear it's a long long day away though.
My upper body is so weak that I am sure if you came by and slapped me today I would just stand there and take it. I couldn't hit you back unless I used my strangely strong legs.
When I got back to the house this morning Rick was leaving.
He went to give me a hug and I just slammed my head into his chest and kept my arms down by my side. He laughs. I am not seeing the humor just yet.
Ever see that scene from The Carol Burnett Show when the dentist stabs himself with novocaine?
His arms are all loosey goosey and he can't lift them? Well that is my situation exactly.
Only without the novocaine......I would sure like the novocaine all over!
I think my best look today is going to be horizontal.
9 comments:
My latest upper body workout involves hefting my granddaughter Elise every time she says "Uppy, Opa!", which is all the time. I think this child must snack on cement blocks and eat sandwiches made with real sand. How can a two-year old weigh as much as a fully-loaded 747? Oy. Anyhow, after the wedding, once you get those Michelle Obama arms finished, you can come dancing with us and show off.
Bill at least your upper body workout is an adorable grandchild. Mine are ugly weights.
As for dancing with you - ha ha ha.
I have two left feet. There isn't a cure for that my friend. I will applaud you and Agnes and hope my arms stop when I do. :-)
You started off with light weights right? Even light weights in the beginning will make you feel it a little the next day.
"Feel it a little." HAH!
Oh Yes Mike they are girly weights at first. I will slowly progress as is on my plan. It's the machines that kill me the most though. I am having pain in places I didn't realize I could possibly hurt. But if it means I can do a lot of push ups and bear bare arms....then I will suffer.
It's not worse than bikini waxing!
I know arm pain... I get it from lifting and holding my grandson. I also get it from vacuuming and mopping, however, I can avoid those activities.
You sure you don't want to take that dress back and get one with sleeves?
Good luck! Burn baby burn!
keep at it. it gets better.
and you get to be more awesome.
Cora - if only they made these dresses with sleeves. Don't understand this phenom.
flask - you are so nice. i'll pay you later flask!
Please post a picture of you in the dress at wedding time. I'm sure you will look fab!
I love when it hurts. Means all that hard work is doing something ;) Yes, I'm ill lol
Post a Comment