Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Standard Time

Here I sit after a night of not sleeping much. I am dragging yet unable to sleep.
Insomnia sucks.
I'm on the 2nd cup of coffee of the day and hoping I can sleep tonight. 
Izzy is sleeping at my feet at the end of the sofa.

Sure, she wakes us up and then she eats, goes for 2 walks and now she's sleeping soundly.
I swear in my next life I would like to come back as my dog. She's got a good life that girl.

As you all know we turned the clocks back this past weekend.
The one who doesn't know this is my dog.
She wants to eat at 4:30a.m. She wakes us because she thinks it's 5:30a and it's breakfast time! Why are we sleeping? 
Then in the evening she starts bugging us at 4:30p for her dinner.
I wish she could understand turning the clocks back. 
We will have a couple of weeks of this before she gets the hang of it.
Moving forward is the easy one. Moving back is a killer for my dog and our household.

Izzy also knows when Rick comes home. If he is running late she goes out to the patio and stares at the garage door, looking for the big garage door to open and Rick being home.
Now with standard time she goes out there an hour early. I couldn't get her to come in yesterday no way no how. She is so obsessed with my husband that its a bit sick.
In all honesty if anything happens to Rick, this dog will die of a broken heart.
I'm just that damn woman who feeds her and is always kissing that guy she likes so much.
She hates that! 
I know this dog loves me but she is obsessed with Rick, her big strong pack leader.
Look at her just staring at the door.
I could be on fire but she would never look away while waiting for him.

In other early morning news I come to my blog and find my reading list, or blogs I follow, are all gone. Where did they go?  It is telling me how to follow blogs and how great it would be to do so. Gee ya think?  So what the hell did they do to my list?
I am not a fan of not having any control or this new blogger.

I'm off to close my eyes for 30 minutes before I have to start work.
Here's to a great new day of no friggin' political commercials!
That alone makes it a very good day in my book.

**Binders of women voted for Obama***
**We left Washington State too soon. Pot is now legal. Damn it!**

13 comments:

Arnebya said...

Maybe when you log back in they'll be there. That happens to me in Wordpress sometimes but if I log out and back in it resets. Weird technology.

I'm giggling at Izzy's internal clock refusing to adjust to daylight saving. I wish I could decline adherence too.

Julie H said...

Love the pic of her staring at the door lol.

My cat has me turn on the faucet every morning in the bathroom while I'm in there. He's rather upset he has to wait an extra hour for his drink.

Love the **

Mike said...

Maybe Izzy needs dog therapy. That usually involves lots of treats. Izzy said to tell you.... I mean you should probably start soon.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Arnebya - I did log back in twice. The 2nd time it was there. Thx!

Mike - so now you are in cahoots with my dog. Why I oughta....

mamahasspoken said...

At least I know my dogs will pee on me if I'm on fire ;o)
As for your reading list, I am assuming that you are talking about when you go to your dashboard. I've had the same problem too. What I've found is it's like me some days; it takes awhile to move and you have to wait for it to come up. This even happen now or I should say, right before I came to your blog. Some days it might be a whole minute but it does come up. My problem is I have this douse bag that somehow got on my reading list and I never joined his sight. How the hell did he get there and how the hell do I get rid of him :o/

Ms. A said...

Just hit the refresh button, give it a second and they'll all show up. Even when they are going to show up, they sure take longer than they used to.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bonnie, it used to be so easy to remove someone - i too have a bunch of those. They no longer let you remove anyone. It drives me mad!! I just hate the whole new look of this blogger.

April said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has a dog that is so in love with there husband! KC our dog does the same thing. When she could she would sleep on his side of the bed when he was at work (midnight shift). Can't get up in bed now. She will bang that tell of hers so hard when he walks into a room! so sad!! but she will still my spot on the couch when I get up but not his! Got to love them!!!

April said...

meant "steal" lol

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

April, that dog of yours must be Izzy's sibling or twin. I know that side of the bed trick as well as the tail.
I always tell him how much she stares at him with this sickening love face. He laughs. Then he saw a picture. I said, "Izzy's thinking, dump that other bitch and I'm all yours Rick, I can have all your babies at once."
Rick about died laughing.

April said...

I know I tell Jim all the time that she is in love with you all the time!!! the looks she gives him are so sad.

Anonymous said...

Our dog adores my husband, too. Oliver loves me (though he doesn't listen to me worth a crap), but his world revolves around the hubs.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Word Nerd - I guess that is why they are called Mans Best Friend. But I still love her to pieces!