Remember I told you about my 'adventure' on hillbilly highway?
Yesterday in the mail I received a letter from a law firm from that area telling me that if I was charged with speeding this attorney can help me. Gee how did they know already?
Mr. Fisher claims he can get it removed for only $375.00
I called out of curiosity. Of course the slimy bastard promised me the world.
I owe over $200 for this ticket and he wants me to pay him $375 and perhaps he will get it taken off my record so my insurance won't go up.
So imagine my surprise when I really looked at the literature he sent me.
The full color glossy 81/2 x 11 sheet with all the testimonials and his qualifications.
There was the big ole thug with the black knit cap dressed in all black who terrorized me.
Hmmm....now he's a lawyer or a police officer?
What the hell kind of scam is this?
Now where to I go for help with this one?
8 comments:
I am seriously wanting you to call someone somewhere. Legal aid maybe just for routine advice? I am confused and concerned and my face is balled up from confusion and concern. Is there a non-emergency number or a general info state office?
Arnebya - I am working on this. I will keep you all informed. When I saw this face I about flipped out. And my stomach turned as well.
Try the state attorney generals office.
$200 for speeding? Get real! And attorneys fees? $40.
I would go to the police station immediatly. Don't wait on this.
This is TOO DARN STRANGE! If nothing else, at least take it to the nearest police station and have them check it out. Know any good PI's? Something smells really fishy.
This is obviously a weird scam. Call the Attorney general or Assistant DA, or even the Senator's offices and talk to police commissioner office as well. WOW. I am so sorry this happened to you -- and by the way, any sensible woman in your situation that night on hillbilly hwy would have done exactly the same! This "policeman" and the lawyer need to be shut down immediately...and while you're at it, the local newspaper and media would be interested -- Good luck and let us know...re your comment on my blog, i agree, I am old school when it comes to reading -- can't see curling up in bed with an I PAD...
I started reading this yesterday and was rudely interrupted so I came back to catch up. This is sketchy to say the least. Have you done any further research??? and $375 is insane - we just had a charge removed for $50 attorneys fees. Still had to pay the hugeass court costs of course...This all sounds very illegal.
When I was pulled over a few years ago I went into full-on panic mode. Could not feel my extremities and I was breathing incredibly quickly. the officer told me to slow down my breathing so that I didn't faint and then he drove off with me in that condition!!!!!! a-hole.
Wow that's freaking crazy!
Post a Comment