Last night we had another deaf moment in our home that resulted in giggles galore.
We were watching American Idol.
And in case any of you are living in a cave in Pakistan and aren't up with pop culture I will tell you that Ryan Seacrest is dating the Dancing With The Stars gorgeous little thing Julianne Hough.
Julianne was there in the wings and they showed her dancing to Phillip Phillips.
I said to Rick, "She's so cute. They make a cute couple"
He says, "I wonder if she's damp"
I look at him with disgust and say, "What the hell is wrong with you? You always make everything sexual."
He replied, "Why is that sick to you Margaret?"
"Seriously Rick you have to ask? You don't really know?"
He is now laughing and said, "What do you think you heard me say?"
I repeat it.
Now he is laughing and he said, "No I said, Wonder if she's taught him to dance"
"Okay you're right that isn't sick and makes much more sense Rick!"
We are now both laughing like the complete fools that we are and he suggests that I really go get my hearing checked. He may be right. I'm thinking I may have a real issue here.
I'm glad I grew out my short hair if I have to wear a hearing aid I guess.
" Huh? What'd you say? You think Rick just mumbles? Yea, me too."
19 comments:
Don't let Rick off that easy, Peg! Once you said it.....he was thinking about it for WAY too long! You know it's true! lol
Regan - Oh I know he was thinkin' it....have you met him?? :-)
Well wander whether he actually mumbled? If he did you really need to check on your ears. lol.
www.thoughtsofpaps.com
PAPS = well I'm going with he mumbles. But we all know the truth I am trying to avoid. :-)
Aw but they now make hearing aides that fit INSIDE the ear now and they are so darn cute! They have these tiny, tiny antennas which can make you look like and feel like an alien ;o)
Bonnie - oh yippee! gee i can't wait.
I am totally not laughing at your deafness... honest, but what you thought you heard is funny!
Cora/Ms.A - sadly I agree. That's why we were laughing so hard. But I am beginning to think that he may not really mumble as much as I think....damn it!
I think I see Rick having some fun with your hearing in the future.
oh that is so funny!
:)
oddly, i live in a house in new england instead of a cave in pakistan.
and i keep hearing the name bandied about, but what i really want to know is:
WHO THE HELL IS RYAN SEACREST?
is he some kinda TV guy?
when i go to the grocery store and i see all those magazines i have no idea who all those people are or why we care about their shocking affair with some other person i never heard of.
so i would be happy if you would clear up this mystery without me having to open a tab to google it.
For years Mom would tell Dad, " 1-800-ears Earl, 1-800-ears." He's now doing the same to her, but I love the "I thought you said" conversations, so funny.
Don't click that linky thing. I have no idea where it cam from. Sorry Peg.
flask - have you ever heard of Dick Clark? Ryan Seacrest is the Dick Clark of this generation. Dick handed him the New Years Eve gig. Ryan's production company does a boat load of television shows. He has a radio show and he is the host of American Idol. He also has a TV show on E Network. Big $$, young man.
Diva - Yea, I may need to check out 1-800-Ears. God how I hate this. Can't I just keep saying Rick mumbles? Remember my John Lennon post? Oh yea, another deaf moment.
Too funny! I think I'm half deaf. Whenever there is a lot of background noise I can't hear shit.
Yeah, I'd like for Julianne to teach me to "dance." If you know what I mean. ;-)
Jay
Okay, this was truly funny! Thanks for the laugh!
you guys are crazy insane - I love it - with me being hearing impaired I can unfortunately relate very well although I've never asked about anyone being damp before...
Darling Husband and I have conversations like that waaaaay too often. Funny!
Post a Comment