Friday, January 20, 2012

Your Opinion

These are some submissions for a retail box for our new product.
I don't like them much.
One does stand out to me but we have a long way to go yet to make it what it needs to be.
This is just the first step.
Your opinoin would be appreciated.
If you hate them all let me know.
If there is one better than another please let me know.
We would love your comments.

Remember these are for boxes so these are flatten boxes.
I have my preference.
Once we chose one then we will work further with that designer to make changes and work from there.  I believe there will be a lot of discussions and changes before we get to where we need to be. This is just the 1st step.

So if you would be so kind we would love your opinion.
 (link removed due to contest completed)

In other news.....
It's that time of year where it's cold and I'm paler than pale.
I love 4 seasons but at this time of year I am ready for it to be a bit warmer.
In August I feel ready for fall. Same thing.
Come February I have had enough of winter and I'm ready for spring to rear it's head.
So I started looking at some summer pictures of being at the lake house.
I thought I would share.
This is when Izzy was just a mere pup of less than a year.
 She hated the wind in her face and she just squint like this the whole time on the boat ride.
Damn she's cute.

Aah, I remember warm sunny days playing in warm water.
And hey Katie if you're reading this -  I saw those great noodles again at Costco.
I think I have to buy some more for this year so we all have them when you come down!

Happy Weekend everyone. Think warm.

11 comments:

Julie H said...

I think I like the first one. It has enough info and visuals but not all cluttered looking.

Ahh I love summer! Even though it gets too hot sometimes. You can just do so much more fun stuff.

Carolyn said...

I like the Clayvaa Label:#7. The third one in on the page.

regan said...

Let me start with....You should NEVER ask my opinion on the nuance of something! Ok....here it is: #10 has the best before/after pics...you can really see the difference. #7 has the black box on top explaining the product uses the best, and below the name, REALLY says it well. On #10, the name lettering looks like vinyl siding (good), but on #7 it's just a slimy green (bad). I also like the 'real' pics of the boat & truck in #10 best, but if you have to worry about infringement, then the cartoon ones are good too. #5 the shield blocks out the pics too much, can't see that they look renewed or not, only the chair looks like it was done. Again, need those before and afters like in #10. I can't see what the round seals are, if they are the eco-friendly thing or not, but that should be written somewhere big! And #2....Valuebles.....REALLY? They couldn't look that up!?! lol

Don't even get me started on the dresses at the awards show!

And yeah, Izzy is adorable!

Mike said...

I like #10. I don't like 9 or 6.

flask said...

i don't care for any of 'em.

both 10 and 2 (same designer) have strong points, but way too many design problems that indicate to me you'd have to sit on this guy real hard. unless you're looking for that "AS SEEN ON TV!" feel, in which case this is your guy.

5 and 6 (same designer) don't really give many clues as to what the product is or what it does. a shield? is it a security device? and what's that squiggle supposed to be? you can't even tell what the thingy in the photo is.

9 and 7 are i think your best bets, even though 9 is way too text-y and 7 just leaves me flat.

Raquel's World said...

Love the Lake House pics!

Lizbeth said...

I like #10. Its simple and uncluttered, easy on the eyes which makes it known what you're offering.

OK--pup is so darn cute with squinty eyes!!!!

Ms. A said...

My choice would be #10, for exactly the same reasons Lizbeth stated.

Love the lake pics!

mamahasspoken said...

I'm laughing here because I like 12 and no one else does! But I like 12 for the same reason that has been stated, not so much writing and more visual. Save the writing for the back of the box, not the front. When I shop for stuff like this, the pictures get me first, then I read about it. Hence why I have been buying Monkey Butt ;o)
Our winter has been very mild this year, almost spring like. Except for today, we are covered in a fine film of ice :o(

Bilbo said...

By the time I got to the website, most of the choices had been eliminated, leaving only #'s 19 and 17. I prefer #17 because it's more eyecatching. Speaking of eyecatching, I like the hot lady in the pictures. And Nessa likes Izzy.

Michelle My Bell said...

I also got to the site a little late, with only 19 and 17 to choose from. #19 is what caught my eye :)
I do have something for you! If you get a chance, please take a moment and come see...
http://aabeautiful.blogspot.com/