Monday, January 30, 2012

Seeing things

Sunday night Rick took Izzy out for a walk around 8pm.
As they walked up the street about 2 blocks around an empty wooded area he saw a car turning off it's head lights and then on again.  The car was going very slowly and then it stopped before the stop sign. Then he got to the stop sign and stayed there for awhile.

As Rick got closer he noticed the car looked like it had just hit a tree.
The car had an enormous dent in front and it's one headlight was broken.
He thought this person may need help so he headed towards him but approached him cautiously.

The driver was a Hispanic man who rolled down his window and said to Rick, "What the hell is going on around here?" 
Rick asked, "What do you mean?" 
To be fair Rick wasn't sure he understood him correctly because his accent was heavy.
So the man repeated the question to Rick only louder this time.
Rick told him again that he wasn't sure what he was referring to.
The man said, "Don't you see all the ghosts going across the street? and then he yelled and pointed, "Look right there" and he turned and said it again in another direction.
"Hey buddy you been drinking tonight?" Rick asked.

The man was upset now and yelled at Rick, "No I am sober what is wrong with everyone?"
Rick asked if he was feeling okay. Now he was leaning in his window and Rick did not smell alcohol but was concerned that he may be hurt.
The man answered him in a very irratated tone, "No I just can't believe you can't see this all around you."
Rick asked if he just had an accident.
The man cocked his head and let out an aggravated sigh and just drove off.

Rick watched the car leave to be sure he was not swerving and he wasn't.
He was driving slowly and then he'd stop and turn off his headlight and sit there for a minute.
Apparently looking at the spirits he said were crossing the street.

Of course Rick came home to tell me about this event and regretted not taking his license or something. He really was concerned this man was off his rocker or was hurt from hitting a tree. Rick was convinced his car looked like he hit a tree mere minutes before and the man just left and drove off and possibly was hurt.

Weird huh? 

17 comments:

Julie H said...

Yeah that's crazy! Maybe he was on drugs.

Carolyn said...

How strange!!! Maybe he hit a tree when he saw all those ghosts? lol.

Mike said...

Call phone - 911 - Come quick!!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie and Carolyn - yea we thought if he wasn't hurt then it had to be drugs because he didn't seem normal. Not to say he couldn't have seen something but it was his general manner and the shape of his vehicle that was off.

mamahasspoken said...

It's weird.

Anonymous said...

Now aren't you glad it was Rick's turn to walk the dog? Encounters like these leave me with an uneasy sensation.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Diva - actually No.
I actually said, "Damn I wish I had gone with you two." I love that shit.
You're at an airline - haven't pilots told you some stories of things they have seen in the air? Okay those aren't ghosts but it's still interesting to me.

flask said...

that guy prolly should not 'a' been driving.

Ms. A said...

What would have been scarier is if Rick was indeed seeing them.

Now, you need to do research and see if any past tragedies have happened on that road/area. Like a dog with a bone, I wouldn't be able to let it go!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Flask - I believe you are correct!

Ms.A -is what is weird is as you have read here Rick & I are very susceptible to this type of thing so if they were there and he wasn't on drugs we are very surprised that neither if us have experienced this.

Mike said...

I meant 'cell' phone. I hate typos.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike....I got it either way. Rick didn't have his phone on him. We r those people who don't carry our phones with us all the time. I hope the man got where he was going safely .

Tracy said...

Oh, that is so weird...perhaps he did see ghosts? wow! It'd freak me out....

a.k.a. Quintina said...

Maybe we are the ones with the problem. sometimes I can't get Daisy to go near the woods behind my house. From here on out, when she barks at things I don't see, I'm running. Thanks Rick.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tina - I'll let him know...ha ha ha
seriously we have both lived in a house with "others" so we are very atuned to this. If Izzy wasn't barking and Rick wasn't feeling it we just sort of think he was drugged. He was acting really strange. It was up on Murray and Mink Meadows.

Anonymous said...

this is fascinating and creepy.

you and rick certainly have a way of finding the odd ducks.

Carma Sez said...

crazy!!