Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday

How is that for a damn clever blog post title?

Here are a few things that happened to me this weekend.

Remember ole Sean from Verizon?  Mr. Cranky Pants himself?
Well he called on Saturday to be sure everything was still working fine and we were happy with everything. I did not get the phone damn it. It went to voicemail.
I put it on speaker to let Rick revel in this message.
Seriously you could have knocked us over with a feather!! 
What a different person! 
Rick said it was probably our Christmas gift from Verizon and a true holiday miracle.

Rick had to measure this man's fiberglass shower pan for an inlay on Saturday.
It was the only day this man could be there.
Because the estimate would only take about 10-15 minutes and he would be done for the day I  suggested I go with him. It was a condo in Arlington/Ballston it is close to a store we needed to go to in near by Falls Church.

I don't like to shop when it isn't the holidays.
So to shop with tons of people being rude and the traffic being horrific I am not good with any of that. I wanted company to keep me calm. Only he can do that.
And for some crazy reason I keep him in check as well so we had to do this  'fun' stuff together.

We both love Penzeys so we started there. 
We left Arlington and made a quick trip over to Falls Church to one of our favorite stores.
I so wish there was a Penzey's store closer to me.
This is the only store front in Northern VA so I schlep over to the store once in awhile.
If you don't know Penzeys, I highly recommend you at least buy something online.
Now of course if you don't cook or bake this is not a fun store for you. 
But my hubby loves to grill and cook so he loves this place as well as I do. 
I bought a grill kit for Rick's daughters boyfriend. We have learned he loves to grill and I thought this would be a nice gift for him. After we bought that we had to get some things for ourselves. Pitiful how much money we can spend there! 
Rick is as dangerous in Penzeys as he is in the meat department of Costco.

We left there with a few dollars remaining and ventured to Costco on a Saturday during the holiday season.   As we headed to Costco I said, "Okay it's going to be nuts, people pushing, shoving because it's Christmas and we all know how nice people are at this time of year. Are you sure you are up for this?"  We still had to go to Bed Bath and Beyond for his daughter's gift.  Rick laughed. He is never ready for this but he promised to be nice and to let it all roll off his back. I begged him not to tell people their children were misbehaving, or they were rude, to just smile and I'll buy him a drink when we leave. He said, "Is there a bar in BBandBeyond that I didn't know about?"  Okay small technicality.

For some reason that made him laugh. He said he would be fine. I wasn't so sure.
I reminded him of the last trip together at Costco on a Saturday. (he yelled at a pregnant woman who cut off and flipped off an old man and she had kids with her.) 
He promised me he would not do that again no matter how nasty someone was.
I didn't believe that he wouldn't try to be the polite police again but I pretended I did.

He did behave. He won't be getting coal in his stocking this year!
He was in good spirits through it all.

He said he "had to" make fun of the large woman in velour sweat pants that said juicy on them while she was stuffing her face with food from the corner vendors.
He claims anyone with words on their big butt is asking for it. I am the only person who hears these things thankfully and to me he is funny but it's not so nice non the less.
He kept saying, "Juicy on that ass was all kinds of wrong."
Rick asked me, "Wouldn't you want your ass to be dry?"  Which made me laugh again. 

He continued on his good behavior even when we were behind this man while attempting to get dog food.  The man was blocking traffic and starring into space looking so very confused He would rock back and forth in an odd way. This was a much older man. We stood there patiently for awhile. Rick suddenly turned to me and whispered, "You know Margaret he's wearing his wife's lacy red panties right now. He's got a terrible wedgy. He's moving like that to get it out while in public."

Now that isn't even funny but while you are standing in Costco for some reason that just cracked me up.  It helped us to survive the time in there so that is all that matters. 
We made it out with no bruises, no words to anyone other than Happy Holidays.

See there are holiday miracles!

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

This is why I get my shopping done before Thanksgiving! I hate dealing with crowds like that. I get so annoyed so quickly. lol.

Lizbeth said...

If you made it out of Costco without any physical or mental trauma then you are miles ahead of me. I'm jealous.

Ms. A said...

Even the though of shopping makes me cringe. You're so brave!

Julie H said...

Oh my gosh I just laughed out loud for real on that one!!

My husband is horrible in stores. He gets claustrophobic and starts freaking out. I only like to go in the stores if I know what I'm looking for and have a mission. My mom could spend all day shopping, drives me batty!

mamahasspoken said...

Ah see your attitude CAN affect others. Glad Sean from Verizon found his happy side. This way you now have a friend who happens to know how to fix your problems with your phone system. Yes, use it to your advantage ;o)