We all know that when you hear the collie bark the saying goes, "What's that girl? Timmy fell down the well?"
Everyone know that is from The Lassie Show even if you are too young to have watched the show it's been in our lexicon forever it seems.
I found it interesting to recently read that Timmy never did fall down a well on the television show. This was never uttered even once. It just became a "symbol" shall we say of the show.
Lassie was pretty amazing and as a young girl I wanted a dog like that in the worst way.
Instead I got Izzy. Oh I adore her. She's smart and stubborn and pretty.
(no I'm not talking about myself I'm talking about Izzy)
But I don't think Izzy could 'fetch' help if I fell in the well.
She'd see a bunny to chase, food to eat, or a puddle to swim in and she'd forget all about me.
She's a beautiful dog who is scared of the flapping flag outside and the boxer dog across the street. But I'll keep her.
In other random TMI moments here is one from last evening.
I was lying on one end of the sofa and Rick and the dog were on the other end.
(yes the dog now can go on the furniture with the area of the blanket - i broke my rules)
I felt something on me like a bug go down my shirt.
I quickly sat upright and began to remove my shirt. It freaked me out.
As I remove my shirt my ever so helpful husband grabs at my boobs.
He begins to tune in Tokoyo. You all know what that means I am sure.
Every dumb ass boy has done and said that.
Anyway as he does this I yell, "hey these don't change the damn channel buddy"
Then like magic, at the same exact damn time the channels begin to flip rapidly.
We both looked at each other and laugh and say, "What the hell?!!"
I jumped up off the sofa and Rick is now looking for the remote.
We were laughing so hard. C'mon what are the chances of that?
Apparently when I had jumped from him grabbing at me I moved and sat on the remote.
Seriously I am beginning to think a higher power is messing with us.
We have both been so depressed, scared and miserable about our life of late and yet we are given these very funny moments. I am thankful because these moments literally come at a time when we need them so. The levity does wonders for the soul.
But honestly I'd prefer cash. Buckets of cash to get us out of this mess.
I can laugh without stress just as well as with it. Even better in fact.
So if there is a higher power doing all this - Skip it - skip the funny with the stress.
Just give us the no stress life, less stress life at the very least, and we'll find the funny on our own.
Trust me on that.

10 comments:
What's that saying, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger?
Julie - then I'll be dying soon. Nice knowing you!
Possesed remotes are a sign from the ancestors that help is on the way.
Gene Pool Diva - from your mouth to God's ears....or someone who can help me...tee hee
What about the poor bug? Did you do a catch and release?
Mike - never found one!
i so relate to the stress... rudy hadn't been working for 3 years... and it was stressful... more for him really...
so, i know those little perks of laughter were great to smooth the edges, if only for that moment...
it will all work out, eventually, peg... that's what i always told rudy...
it worked, yet he had to go live in another state... but he did find a job... he is a happy camper once again....
If I pulled off my shirt while watching TV, (bug or not) hubby would have a heart attack. I'm no good at CPR, so I'm not taking any chances.
Daphne - I'm trying to believe you're right.
Ms. A.- Heart attack from your overwhelming beauty?
My hubby would have done the same thing.....
As for the dog, I bought some of those nice dog covers for my couches. They're also great for the adults who love to eat on the couch...
Post a Comment