Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cooler Mornings

The weather was so great this morning that I just couldn't do my normal routine.
Instead I took the dog out for her 2nd walk at 7:30am.
Since we both like it cool why not.  Later it'll be 85 and we'll hate it again.
We went down to this area to throw balls, sticks and to basically smell everything on the ground. (okay not me I'm not into that)
There was a big bird/geese something or other that was quacking up a storm all alone. Maybe she didn't like us down there who knows but we sat on the picnic bench and just stared at her.  She flew away before I could get my camera open and ready but this is where she was doing all her squalking.
After throwing balls and sticks Izzy was bored of retreiving and I was thankful.  I sat on a picnic bench and just enjoyed the weather, the trees and the quiet. I wish I could have stayed awhile instead of going to work. Boy does working bug me these days. Izzy saw a bunny over here and took off.  Poor thing thinks she is faster than a bunny
We walked back home and sat on the neighbors stoop on the corner.  We sat and watched the people going by.  There are a lot of mommy joggers and walkers at this hour. It was a nice calm way to start my morning. Cooler weather makes me want to be outside so much more!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

im loving the cooler mornings too.

your neighborhood looks really peaceful.

love the shot of izzys ear.love dog ears.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie - Yea me too - her ears are like velvet too.

I Wonder Wye said...

Yup I remember summer in DC -- you feel you are walking through soup...when we go to NIH in Bethesda maybe we can meet for a coffee or something! We stay on Wisconsin Ave. I like more magazine too -- that was the article i referred to when I blogged about friendship...

Raquel's World said...

I'm feeling that too. Fall is my fav time of the year. I have been going out in the evening when it cools off for walks with my kids.

You have amazing surroundings. Hard to believe you can get so fired up sometimes with that as your background. Have a great day Peg!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Okay now you make me feel terribly guilty that this is a short walk away in my neighborhood.

But does it make it better that I live in Stepfordville? Cookie cutter homes way too expensive with self entitled 30 somethings living in them.

Unknown said...

Once again...jealous. Izzy is just so darn cute!

alessandra said...

What a beautiful place you live in, I hate heat too.