Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sleepy and Cranky.....not a new song title by Me

I am not sleeping well at all.
I seriously need sleep.  I don't know how much longer I can go on like this.
I am either bitching or crying.
It's a no wonder my poor dog and hubby just stare at me.
I didn't sleep on vacation either.  But it made me lay in bed so I didn't wake others.
At home here I walk around the house.  I try to read and can't focus.
I am a mess.  I may need padded walls soon.

I do not like taking sleeping aids but I have begun to try that too.
Over the counter items work once and that is it.
I got sleeping pills from my doctor.  I was afraid to take them
But I finally decided I couldn't be a walking zombie anymore.
So I took 1.  I woke up at 1am.  It said to take 1 or 2.
Due to fear of never waking up I only took 1.
Guess that was wasted fear.

I honestly feel like this.

Do you know that even Nyquil doesn't work for me anymore? 
What next I will now hate ice cream?

Look I am a curmudgeon on my own, you add sleeplessness to the equation and I am certifiably cranky.

And speaking of cranky.  I love this guy.  I doubt he's old but I find his blog a hoot.
I am old and find his complaining makes me happy.  Says more about me I suppose than about him. I love a curmudgeon friend.  He does not know me but I find him oddly comforting so I am calling him my friend.

Have a good Thursday.
I am going to go forth and be Ms. Cranky Pants today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you aren't sleeping. There is nothing worse than wanting to sleep and not being able to.
Mary

Gal Friday said...

I wonder what is going on in your body that is making you unable to sleep?! That is terrible--I am an expert at sleep--sleep well and get my six to seven hours most nights, but occasionally have the sleepless night and it is hell for me. Cannot imagine nights in a row with no sleep. Try a vitamin of zinc and magnesium, maybe, before bedtime??

Loved the whole of idea of the "old fogey" blog--reminds me of the SNL Dana Carvey cranky old man bit.

Raquel's World said...

So I just checked out your "friend" He is a hoot! I am now a dedicated follower. Didn't read much, had to get back here but will definitely be spending sometime on his blog. I think he may be my new BFF. Thanks for the referral.

Now back to you....Hope you feel better! Sleep is my favorite thing in the world!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Raquel - I used to think it was chocolate that was my favorite thing in the world until I couldn't sleep. 8 days and counting right now. I hope to spend the weekend in a snooze fest.

Raquel's World said...

I'll be hoping for you!

Anonymous said...

i hope your sleeping gets back on track soon.