Friday, February 12, 2010

Can You Tell Your Life Story In Exactly Six Words?

I was reading this article on 6 words Memoirs.
It got us all talking here today. 

I thought some of them in the article were pretty funny and clever.
I, however, am neither that clever or smart.

I came up with two right off the bat that are pretty spot on for who I am.
Want it All, Wanted it Yesterday.
Great Childhood, major hiccup, blessed adult.

So I am asking you all to not be shy and tell me your 6 word memoir.
C'mon,  come play with me.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yours are clever!

this is harder than i thought it would be....how about:

Constantly messing up, Yet always learning.

or

Still hoping im destined for greatness.

Gal Friday said...

Ooohh..this is going to be difficult, but here goes:

Confused while young.
More confused later.

I like your two mini memoirs, and...I need to catch up with your blog(among others)...hopefully sometime this weekend(hope you are done with shovelling snow for a while..)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie - I think you are too hard on yourself. You're already great!

Gal Friday - I am done shoveling for now.....hopefully for life. :-)

Anonymous said...

ive been thinking about these all evening.

how about:

and the shit storm keeps coming.

(can i say shit on your blog? feel free to delete if offended.)

i like gal fridays.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie - That makes me laugh because I too have been walking around here saying to Rick that I can't stop thinking about it. I did those 2 so fast but not pleased.

Well it made me think when I read the article so that's why I thought it'd be fun to send it out there for all you smart women....as you all curse me all weekend. :-)

Say shit? Please I say fuck in my blog. I am not offended easily by swearing!

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

"Lived, loved, lost. Loved again, BEST!!"

Hmm, I'm not 100% happy with this, I may need to come back later!

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting on my blog today! BTW: STEAL AWAY on the topic, Baby! I'd LOVE to hear your story!! ;)

hester said...

This is really hard. I loved yours. Here goes:

Happy childhood,late bloomer,exhausted mother!

I have just posted our favourite gluten free recipes on my blog. Hope you enjoy them.

hester said...

PS I forgot to mention after reading your profile, I love Anna Quindlen's writing. I especially loved "One True Thing" and I'm going to tell my daughters "You can choose to be happy" just like that mother did. (The Meryl Streep mother)

Le said...

hello there - friend of Hester above ... you might want to try GF substitute - guam powder or similar I think - my boys are all GF and some baking espec light cakes benefit from GF Sub ... you can buy it in the supermarket here in Aust ....

now six words ... hmmm

daughter, lover, mother, bitch face boss

hee hee, best le

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Le that's funny I had a boss with that same name. :-)

That was a hoot. Glad to meet you and look forward to reading about the fun in Australia...because right now I'm a bit confused on Whoop Whoop.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Hester - I too loved the book One True Thing. The movie not nearly enough but that is always the case isn't it?

I have a painting in my office that says, We Tend To Seek Happiness, When happiness is actually a Choice. Reminds me of what you say above. Love that thought because it is really true.