Monday, June 9, 2008

Pee-in’ in the Boy’s Room

Are you old enough to remember the song, “Smokin’ in the boys room?”
I keep hearing it in my head only using my header above instead of “smokin’”

We were driving down to the lake on Friday and we were planning on stopping at this super Wal-Mart. Which for the record I dislike. Oh it’s a nice enough superstore but I am not a fan of Wal-Mart. I have noticed at this particular store that the customers are different than I normally see in my life.
“Where are these people in everyday life? I never see people like this anywhere but Wal-Mart Do they breed in the back and live there?” These are very large interesting people who look like they have a digit or two missing from their IQ not just missing teeth. It’s a very odd place to me.

Back to the story of my horrific trip to Wal-Mart....
As we are driving to the lake I realized I had to go to the bathroom but I can sometimes be like a camel and wait it out since we weren’t that far. But now as we are approaching the Wal-Mart I announce to my hubby that I REALLY have to go now so I am walking as fast as one can walk in flip flops. I literally RUN to the bathroom – I look up at the 2 signs and walk in on the left and realize that someone is in the stall so I RUN into the end handicap stall.
I do my business and notice the person next to me and their feet in sneakers and think she’s on her tiptoes and it’s odd but oh well. I walk out and head for what I thought was the sink when I RAN in there and there is a guy pee’ing in the urinal! Now I realize when I RAN in it was all a blur so what I thought was a bay of sinks was one long urinal. I say outloud when I see the man peeing, “well then” and realize at the same time I am the one in the WRONG room. I RUN OUT OF THERE MORTIFIED. I ran to my hubby who is waiting by the cash register and say to him as I put my sunglasses back on and put my head down – we must leave NOW. I didn’t even wash my hands which freaked me out but thankfully I had wipes in my purse. As we are walking to the car I am relaying this info to him and he is hysterical with laughter.
I do not find this funny....yet!

There was a man on a bench when I went in and when I ran out. He saw the whole thing and never said a word to me. What an ass. Oh I know I am the blind old woman who went in there to begin with but he could have said something since he was sitting right outside the door for heaven’s sake.

Can you imagine what the man with the little white sneakers was thinking when he looked over at my stall with my red painted toes in flip flops? When I told that to my husband that made him laugh all the harder. He thought if it had been him in the stall next to me he might have said something to the woman in next stall over with the painted toes. But then again he thought maybe the old man figured he was in the wrong bathroom and was afraid to say anything or come out.

Oh my God is all I can say.
What the hell is with the 2 of us for having 2 weekends in a row with bathroom issues? Is this a sign of old age? First him on a walking trail and me in the boys room. And of all places – Wal-Mart where you couldn’t find a good looking guy unless he is standing by the cash register waiting for his blind wife to leave the boys room!!!!

No comments: