Monday, September 17, 2007

The New York Yankees Win

You either love them or you hate them.
I happen to LOVE THEM!!
My Boys of Summer....My hunks in pinstripes.....The New York Yankees.
(add sigh here)

When we play Boston my stomach is doing flip flops. The games are long and I am so exhausted when these games are over that you would think I was playing short stop instead of Jeter for heaven’s sake.

I sit on the edge of my sofa or chair and when it’s intense....and it always is when we are playing those dreaded Red Sox .... I pace and rock and scream at the TV at the lousy ump who said Damon was out when he was clearly safe. You know stuff like that.

I am exhausted today. But we won 2 of the 3 games of that series and we swept them last time. So I am tired but sure as hell happy about the outcome. I honestly feel sometimes that as long as we sweep, kick ass, pummel in scoring and humiliate the red sox all is right in the world. They have become too good a team over the last few years so it’s become harder and harder. But can I tell you how much I dislike Curt Shilling? Didn’t like him when he was a Diamondback either. A diva for sure and a big mouth one at that. Although I must admit he said something a while back in an interview that actually gave me a bit of respect for the man. When asked by a reporter if he would go play for the Yanks if Boston didn’t renew his contract he said No (and I’m paraphrasing here folks) because doing so would make his years in Boston mean nothing. I really thought that was classy especially classy coming from a man who I don’t think is classy in any form of the word. So bravo to him for that....but it ends there.

I drive my husband crazy. When I met him he told he wasn’t into sports except boxing. He loved the fights. Great I thought I hate watching people get hit or worse yet the horrible sound of getting hit. Oh jeez.

But he nows is a lover of all things Yankee. When we lived in Seattle during the playoffs with the Mariners he thought he would cheer on the home team since he didn't much care for baseball at that point in time. (not married long at that point)
Oooh that was ugly. He learned a valuable lesson....married to me you can not be a Red Sox fan or cheer the opposing team if you don't care either way. Whew.
He is now bleeding blue and white. :-)

I don’t care for all sports. Football makes me cringe....Neanderthal.
Golf is good for a nap and basketball and hockey are something that I can only enjoy if I am there in person and honestly I don’t much care to go because I’ve done it once that is enough.. Nascar – well that isn’t even a sport to me. For God’s sake you are driving around in a circle. It’s like the dumbing down of a real sport!

For me it’s baseball. A great double play is like ballet to me. To me that is pure beauty. The sound of the bat hitting the ball....aaah nothing better.

Between the NYY game stress and the stress of life right now it was an exhausting weekend. It’s only Monday so I have to recuperate.....But tomorrow is another day of physical therapy and boy that woman kills me. Torn rotator cuff – so you see my days of pitching for the Yankee’s are over now for sure ! They will have to win that pennant without me.

No comments: