Friday, August 16, 2024

Speaking of...

Speaking of being forgetful.

I don't normally enter sweepstakes except for the HGTV dream house.
Imagine my surprise when I got a package yesterday telling me, 'Congratulations you won the Bush Bean Sweepstakes along with the ugliest hat ever made.

Now mind you we don't eat a lot of beans. If we were to have beans we would buy bush beans. But why in the world would I want this hat or enter to win this hat?

Rick and I put it on and laughed at one another. He said you really don't remember entering?  Hell no and why would I?  He suggested that this could be a prize but not a grand prize. Good possibility. 
I don't want to think what the grand prize could be. A larger pile of beans?

I looked at the front of the package again to be sure this was addressed to me.
Yep, I am the lucky owner of this gorgeous hat.

Does anyone want a bean bucket hat?  Send it to you free of charge!



26 comments:

bluzdude said...

You should definitely keep it. Use it for bad hair days.

Kathy G said...

The hat might not be your idea of fashion, but I bet there's someone at the thrift shop you donate it to that will be over the moon excited to get it :-)

DB Stewart said...

It's me. I'd be over the moon.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Keep it and wear it when you are flatulent!

BootsandBraids said...

WOW! That's some attention getting hat. For fun, maybe you can auction it off on Ebay, see how much it's worth to a bean lover.

BootsandBraids said...

Too late. It's already on Ebay $22.95 or best offer, LOL.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bluz, the hair is worse than a bad head of hair!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Believe it or not someone said they wanted it and I'm giving it to her. Should she change her mind, then off to thrift store.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Too bad someone beat you to it or it could be yours.😄

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I did tell some it made me gassy when asked why I didn't want it.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Why would someone pay for this???

Julie H said...

Too funny! We used to have a bean festival here in our city and that would have been fun to wear.

Mike said...

I thought it was a pile of beans shaped into a ... pile of beans.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

This would be perfect to wear there!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Lovely and accurate description

Abby said...

Omg, that's hilarious! Of all the things to win! You could wear it in NYC and become a fashion icon.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

HA! It is funny though!

It's.a.crazy.world said...

What's it like turned inside out? May be more attractive, haha

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Instead of baked beans it looks like white or pinto beans. Lol

Brad said...

I love I'd wear it every day

Mr. Shife said...

Amazing and disturbing. Hope it found a good home and congratulations on the wonderful sweepstakes victory.

Cruisin Paul said...

I'm not sure I would want this hat. The why I am if I wore it I would be farting all the time. Thanks Peg.
LOL

Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Whatever do you mean 'find a new home" I sent it to you. How ungrateful!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Pulling your leg

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

You can't be serious!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

🤣🤣🤣🤧