Friday, August 9, 2024

Friday

I know why Rick married me. I laugh at his stupid jokes/humor.

While watching the Olympics/gymnastics I said: Oh, I can do that.
Rick: I'm doing that now.
Silly me looked over at him and howled.  

While watching Jeopardy, he answered the final Jeopardy question once again without missing a beat. 
Me: Wow, that was impressive Ricky.
Rick:  Yep, I'm your smart arm piece babe.
 
While watching the Olympics' track and field portion, a woman was doing the shot put. She was jumping all around and Rick said, "Ooh those are real"
I never looked up, I just shook my head at the idiot, I knew what that meant.

All the women in track and field, gymnastics and other sports where women are not getting wet in a pool always wear fake eyelashes. I want their secret. How does their makeup not run from all that sweating? How do their eyelashes not come off from sweat?  And why wear them at all?
Inquiring minds need to know. Jumping hurdles and pole vaulting with my false eyelashes on. It's a head-scratcher to me.

If you watch the evening news, you know that this area of the country was dealing with the Tropical Storm Debby. Wow.
We received texts from our electric company. They were telling us how to be prepared because they were certain we'd have power outages.
We got all the flashlights, halos, batteries, candles, etc. We did as told.
Thankfully nothing here but all around us is crazy.

We did have some crazy high winds. Tornadoes were all around us. Thankfully we were fine. We had our chairs that go around a dining table on the porch blow off the porch and onto our driveway. Apparently, our chairs could go down the steps. Who knew? We saw the chairs in the morning when we got up and began to survey the damage. We were shocked to find the chairs in the driveway.

It's been raining for almost 2 weeks now. I don't mind one bit. 
Better than 100+. Besides we had a drought situation. 
We needed all those inches of rain. But we have been stuck inside a bit more. They are telling you to stay off the roads, schools were closed. 
It's been a bit crazy. 

I had snow days growing up. They have rainy days here. But your house doesn't blow away in the snow. 

The sun not being out didn't upset either of us. It was a nice break. 
But this was all anyone would talk about, the rain. 
The news would break in and tell you as you were watching something. That annoyed us both especially when the man who comes on the screen and says, "There are puddles, there are puddles everywhere. Look, as he points to the screen of a puddle"
Rick and I looked at one another and burst into laughter. Puddles?
Really you broke into the show were were viewing to tell us there were puddles? Oh my goodness how that made us laugh.  Run, quick, puddles!!
Okay, the gin may be why we thought this was so funny, but I think it's funny now and I'm stone-cold sober. :-)

As we watched a movie a week ago a character said the word, askew. 
Rick burst out laughing. I hit pause and asked what the hell was so funny. He asked, "Did you not hear her? She said, 'askew'" 
Why is that funny to you?

Because I never heard it until you said it remember?
Ask anyone if they use that word. 

Oh, here we go.  

Yes I remember
Why does this bother you so?
That says more about you than me, mister hillbilly.

Well c'mon Margaret, who says that? Have you ever heard anyone use that word?  

Yes, I said it. The woman on tv just said it.  I can't remember if anyone I know has said it. I suppose so if it was necessary.
 
He is really laughing now. How the hell would it be necessary.  

Well if their towels were askew.

He really belly-laughed on that one. 
He said, "Okay you win"

You see we came home to our rental. I went into the powder room and I noticed the towels were askew.  So I came out and said to Rick that our landlord or someone worse was here. He thought it was funny that I thought that someone was there because my towels weren't straight. Have you just met me?  And what the hell does askew mean?  So that's how this began.
And yes my landlord did come in and his kid used the bathroom. I told him not to do that again, to leave us a note, or as the lease states, give us notice if coming inside.

17 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I would also notice if someone was using my bathroom towels. I love how much entertainment Rick can milk out of a word that's not in his vocabulary.

Kathy G said...

It sounds like there's never a dull moment at your place.

Mike said...

I've seen pictures of your flat lot. Does it drain well. It looks like it could hold quite a bit of water.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jean that it is fun that Rick can pull such entertainment out of hearing someone use a word he doesn't use. But I'm glad that you made it through the storms without personal trouble.

Your post reminded me of when the property manaager of my apartment at the time was noticeably in my apartment when I was at work - he would leave a very long ash from his cigarette on the carpet, for example. But the clincher came when he came in, then locked both the lock and the double bolt as he left. Problem is, I didn't carry the double bolt key with me so I was locked out. He was across the state by the time I got home, with his granddaughter at a dance contest. So I had to sleep on my neighbor's couch! He finally stopped his illegal entries, though.
Nina

Julie H said...

That reminds me of my mom always saying "it feels like someone was here" for her cabin. It was my brother taking his girlfriend over for a little hanky panky lol

bluzdude said...

I'll only askew if I think you know the answer.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, I think most women would!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Kathy, it's never dull here.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, our yard is all sand so there's your answer

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Nina, Rick loves to make fun of me. So he walked around for a week using that word. To him I could have just said, My towels are not even. Silly boy. And your property mgr would have made me very angry. Ask for a bit off the rent perhaps?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, ah ha. Busted. That's funny that your mom notice too.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

bluzdude, your as bad as Rick is!!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bluz, I mean 'you're'

DB Stewart said...

I'd definitely watch your YouTube channel.

Abby said...

Okay, I'm not the only one who wonders about all the makeup and lashes and wigs on the Olympians. If I tried to run or jump at even a fraction of their skill, I would certainly become all askew!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

😂😂😂😂 Oh damn good one Abby!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

DB, sometimes your comments don't post and I don't know why. I find them in my dashboard. Sorry 'bout that. :-)