Thursday, August 15, 2024

Forgetful

Where the hell have I been?
Sadly nowhere good. 

Have any of you seen the Pfiser commercial for the RSV Vaccine?
Well, it is people laughing. The entire commercial is just friends laughing together. Each time I see this I laugh. I don't know how you can watch this and not at the very least smile. It's contagious.
Of course, Rick thinks I'm loony. But then I caught him smiling too so we are both loons. But everyone knew that anyway.

Rick got up Wednesday, put on his clothes, and said I gotta hurry I have an appointment. I asked him, since when do you make an appointment at the gym? 
Knowing it was Wednesday gym day and all. 
He laughed and said, "I'm returning to the tire place for them to look at the tire sensor again. I told you that yesterday, don't you remember?"

Now that made me laugh and all I said was, Touché.
That in turn made him laugh and said, "Oops I better leave now" as he walked out the door with a shit-eatin' grin.  Silly men. They hear nothing and remember nothing if it was heard.  Selective hearing.

I went to the imaging center at Duke Imaging Center for a CT Scan of my right shoulder. In the waiting room, the TV was turned on to Leave it to Beaver. Everyone was diggin' it. I had to laugh. They know their audience as I look around and all but one young man was an old fart like me.
So much better than the last time I went to a medical waiting room.
They had on Fox "News" and this man went bat shit crazy and told them to change it. They did, which shocked me. So I think Leave it to Beaver is a far better option. It can't possibly offend anyone. Then Bewitched came on just as they called me back. The man next to me said to his wife, "Oh I always thought she was so pretty." 
It made me smile as I walked back to the horror chambers.

They know you are in there for your painful shoulder then they make you move your arm around and lift it and hold. Geez, I wanted to say, "Hey lady if I could do that easily without mind-numbing pain I wouldn't need to be here"  But instead I said, "This is very painful how long do I have to stay in this position."  She said 3-5 minutes. Well, that's a big difference to me.  I was just about to scream, "I can't hold it any longer" when her voice came into the CT Scan and said, "You can relax now"  Whew.  

All in all, it took me longer to get there than it did the whole CT Scan.

A reel came across my Instagram that showed how Gen Z and Millennials carry their money and then Gen N.  Gen Z had a fanny pack and pulled out a wallet. Millennials have a cross-body type fanny pack and pull out a card
Then Gen N. It was an old Italian woman so I guess the N was for Nonna.
She pulled the money out of her bra, then her phone, her keys, then her sunglasses. The other men stood there with their mouths open.
It made me laugh. I guess I've been Gen N since the age of 15.  I have always carried things in my bra. No pockets? No bag? Perfect! 

I sent this to a friend who is much younger than me because she finds it funny that she has known me to put things in my bra.
I sent it to her and told her that this old woman (me) put an ounce of pot under her left boob in 1978 and flew to Florida for spring break. I made it through security and everything. I find that hysterical and so thankful that dumb ass young me didn't get arrested. 

My girlfriend who went with me was named Sue. 
Sue taped it to me just in case. I knew it wouldn't move but just in case.
So there I stood with no top on and having my friend tape this to me and then have me rotate to see if it could be seen before my bra was on.
She looked at me sideways - can you see it?  Nope
She looked at me straight on - can you see it?  Nope
So that was our young dumb mind thinking it would be okay. 

And it was, but honestly, I would not recommend doing that!!! 
Ah, stupid youth.
But I will tell you that scotch tape on your skin for that many hours leaves a bad rash! Very bad. 
That's the year I won the wet t-shirt contest. So that particular year was filled with incredibly stupid antics that I would kill my daughter for doing!
As my father kept yelling, "Nothing good happens on Spring Break"

Now instead of putting things in my bra, I need to remember where things are. I told you the time I was looking for my phone. Rick was not home or I'd have asked him to call it. Then after 45 minutes of looking and finally giving up,  it rang and my boob vibrated and I laughed and took the call. 
So now I forget what's in my bra. I also just plain forget shit period.

For instance, I was talking to my mom yesterday.  Rick walked by and he saw me looking for something as I was listening to my mother. 
I said, "Ma, hold on a second please, hey Rick have you seen my phone?"  
My mother roared with laughter and then Rick said, "Whatcha talking on Margaret?"
Oh dear. 

So my stupid things today are far different from when I was 21. 

13 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, I hear ya about the usefulness of "the brassiere purse!" You might want to check out my post on the same subject from a few years ago --

https://shewhoseeks.blogspot.com/2015/01/brassiere-purse.html

Mike said...

Someone took a picture of a sign at a store during a heat wave... No money accepted from bras.

bluzdude said...

Nowadays, I think they would catch you with the pot in the under-boob... those full body scanners would pick it up. Although you could tell them it's cancer, and please mind their own business.

Grace said...

Frantically searching for phone while using it? Done that - brain muscle memory from landline days. Also I often walk into my apartment and my first thought is "I should check the answering machine for messages" HA

DB Stewart said...

Your humorous antics reminded me of when I brought several small kegs of beer back from France, ha. I'd say it was the "good old days" but it wasn't that long ago (2014) that my 17 year old son smuggled chewing tobacco back into Canada from our family trip to Florida, ha.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Debra, now I want a bazooka!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, understandable yet funny

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Grace, okay you win, i haven't done the machine yet.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

DB, Gee I wasn't aware you can't bring chewing tobacco across the border. We did this with beers we couldn't get in the states - ah the 70s.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

bluzdude, oh hell no you couldnl't do this today!! But the 70s were a different world for sure.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

J&B, so good to know I'm not alone

Julie H said...

LOL too bad now they x ray you! I've put stuff in my bra but sometimes it falls right out lol.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

I have seen those sport bras with a pocket between the girls for your phone. I never have kept anything there, as a bra is annoying with nothing in it except for the boobs. I sure wish they could design one that is comfy.