I have complained to y'all a great deal about our horrible appliances we got when we moved in here. They are all new, but they bought the cheapest ones on the GE market so it looked good to sell. I get that.
However, we have nothing but issues with them.
The dishwasher is as equally bad as the fridge to us.
Friday Rick told me he ran the dishwasher. Saturday morning when I went to take all the clean dishes out I saw that the soap holder was still closed, which means it didn't run. I, of course, being an ever-mean wife, tell Rick you told me you ran this last night, but it never ran.
He responds with, "Hey I thought I did, but then ya gotta remember I'm Stroke Boy"
Needless to say, I chalked it up to him being Stroke Boy and reran it.
It came on, the light said so, and the horrific noise said so.
Later that day I opened it to empty and it wasn't hot to touch like it would be if drying. oh oh. Then I saw all the dishes were dirty.
Damn it. A completely FULL dishwasher I would have to wash.
So this was not Stroke Boy but a broken dishwasher.
I apologized to Ricky and he said, "That's okay I thought it was me too."
I pulled out the warranty and receipt the previous owners left us.
We called about repairs. We got a range not knowing what it was but one guy said, "For that model, I'd go new" That was Rick's thought too.
We reviewed all the price ranges to repair and looked at the receipt; it was almost the whole cost of this cheap GE dishwasher. So do we get someone to come out? Rick thought it wasn't worth their time. I was on the fence.
Yes, I can finally get a good dishwasher but this financially is so not the time. We know what we want. We had one. Bosch. Not cheap either. But look where cheap got us. 2.5 years and it dies.
I removed all items from the dishwasher and spent a good amount of time doing dishes and then drying dishes. Rick put them all away, asking, where does this go? That got the laughter going and we made it the most fun one can have washing dishes. (also while drinking gin and lemonade)
He then proclaimed we needed disposable dishes and silverware. HA.
Last night I asked if we could eat something with very few dishes?
We grilled everything and had two plates. So not a lot of cooking going on. But we have to suck it up and go find a good buy on a Bosch. Silent, with shelves that move up and down and shelves that hold stemware like wine glasses and a 3rd rack for silverware, not clumsy silverware holder on the bottom taking up space. Does anyone have an extra thousand+ they want to get rid of?
In the meantime, no one responded to our calls inquiring about their lawn services. I thought perhaps on Sunday we'd get a call since they are busy during the week. But no calls or emails from those I asked in their online forms. Honest to God why did we sell that damn big lawn mower. Oh yeah, my back and Rick's stroke.
We got a new floor a while back. It is light as you can see here.
But let me tell you, you see EVERYTHING. Because vacuuming hurts me terribly I went around with my small handheld dyson and did corners and the like. Rick did the complete floor. He asked if I wanted to go first.
Being ever so sneaky I said, "No you can babe." I knew he'd miss things because Rick can't see but what he wants to see. I knew that trick would work without having to say, you do a lousy job. 😋
As I have said before, never knew that many crumbs were on the floor when I had a dog. She was my little 'hoover'
The man can clean a bathroom like nobody's business. But that is it.
His cleaning skills stop at the bathroom door. I take what I can get!
He washes dishes like a child. He made this crock pot of garlic butter chicken wings. (yuk!) Then he grilled them.
He said he'd wash the crock pot.
I picked it up to put away and the whole top edge was sticky as well as the outside where some may have dripped.
He cleaned the inside bottom all right, but he does this with pans as well.
I prefer he not wash. He came into the kitchen and saw me washing it. Dang it, I was hoping he'd have stayed outside until I was done.
He asked, "Are you redoing my work missy?"
I said, "Sorry but the top edge was sticky, come feel"
He felt it and laughed and said, "Well I was saving that flavor for the next thing made in there it was so good"
"You think you're funny don't you?"
"Well you're laughing" and with his shit-eatin' grin he left the kitchen.

11 comments:
Change your first names on the online forms to Bubba and Bambi. That might get you some callbacks.
Mike, not Bertha?
We bought a Bosch dishwasher last year because it was a Consumer Reports best buy. We ended up getting it at a Best Buy scratch and dent store and saving a couple of hundred dollars.
Kathy, consumer report is how we got a bosch the first time. I looked into scratch and dent and nothing around here. They did have open box but it was only $50 savings. I'm spoiled and don't want to wash dishes!
Bosch is an excellent choice. When our d=washer no longer worked, we did use paper plates and plastic forks, etc. I try to recycle those.
I owned a rental property and went through a lot of appliances. I bought many appliances at Best Buy through their credit card, allowing me to pay it off within usually 12 months at zero percent interest. Other stores offer it too, you just have to look for the program. My dishwasher is on the fritz right now and I'm hand washing while I decide what to replace it with as I'm selling the house soonish.
Nina
Susan, yep I am really thinking seriously about paper plates. I am already sick of washing dishes. I'm a lazy shit apparently.
Nina, I understand why a seller would buy the cheap end. They were stainless steel and looked good. You're not going to get your money out of them. Until you move in you do not find out. Here in NC you don't have to sell your appliances with the house. In VA they wouldn't let me take mine. The realtor told us they had to stay. We thought about replacing them with cheaper models but did not. Obviously our good karma backfired. :-)
Ah living my life with no dishwasher. They just aren't worth the money here with our hard water. Apparently they live about 2 years if you try.
Julie, we had hard water too and ours was over 8yrs old and still running when we left. So I don't think that's the reason, it's the dishwasher sadly. The one we got with our brand new home wasn't good and lasted 3 yrs. You are stronger than me, I HATE washing all the dishes🤣
There's not an appliance we all have that isn't a terrible inconvenience to lose. We've replaced the fridge and the washer since I retired ~ and had the dryer fixed, haha. I am holding my breath on my dishwasher. It's a 2 drawer type that isn't on the market anymore. I like it because I don't have to feel guilty about doing small loads. But I know it's time is limited, as we've had it for over 12 years. I looked at new dishwashers when I bought the fridge and was really shocked at the price. I hope you find a great deal!
Nothing wrong with paper plates in the meantime!
Did you unplug the dishwasher to reset the motherboard? We have GE's here and that's what maintenance does. Half the time it works. Try it with any appliance with computer chips.
Post a Comment