It is Friday afternoon as I type this.
What a morning I had.
I had to go to the Duke Spine Center to see my doc.
The last time I saw him was at a satellite office of Duke in Raleigh.
They could not get me in there so off to Durham I went.
Because I had never been to this particular part of Duke I left a bit early to give myself some time. Good thing I did.
I swear Duke is a city within itself. It is enormous. I thought that of John Hopkins when I went there and that would fit into Duke I swear. Who knew?
So I find the street but what building? I stop and ask a man who is giving out things to hand you to put on your rearview mirror.
I wondered what that was about.
I rolled down my window and said I need to be at bldg 30 1B/C can you help me?
He asked, "Do you want valet or to park yourself." I told him I could park myself. He said then you park here as he pointed to a bldg behind me or valet at your building which is up there. He is now pointing 2 blocks away. I can't walk 2 blocks, hence why I'm at the spine center.
So I say, "Valet will be fine"
He shows me how to get to that bldg and off I go. I have to say getting there wasn't as easy as it sounded either. Crazy place. But lots of folks outside to assist. They know it's needed.
I got inside Duke and I had to go through a metal detector and I went off.
Hmm...I had to go to a table as they searched my purse and used a wand.
Then I had to go back through the metal detector without my purse.
Whew. Apparently, before I lived here someone entered Duke with a gun and shot someone. Now they take no chances.
I get past all that and I'm in this large vestibule.
I was looking up and feeling quite stupid.
A man comes over to me and says, "Lost little lady?"
I told him I sure was and he directed me to where I had to go.
He was so nice and told me to have a blessed day. While that shit makes me cringe at times, I took it how he meant it, to be kind.
I get checked in and all the ladies checking you in are laughing and all smiles. I asked if they were so happy because it was Friday or was it the drugs? OMG, they went nuts laughing. One said,"If you have some drugs please share."
When I checked out they asked what I was planning to do on this beautiful Friday afternoon. I told them I'm retired and I'm going home for a gin and tonic for lunch. (it was 12:03p)
This lady was so funny, she said, "I love gin and tonic, ooh I'm going to get some on my way home for the baseball game tonight"
I asked her if she was watching the Dodgers and...
Before I could say Yankees, she said, The Yankees girl! Go Yankees.
I said, "You aren't a Braves fan?"
Oh hell no she explained, I'm a Jersey/NY girl but my damn husband brought me here. I said, "Oh I understand that all too well"
She said, "The shit we do for love right honey?"
My God these women were so damn nice and cordial. I love leaving my immediate area. It just reminds me of home. (NoVa)
2 of the 3 women who check you in and out appear to be retirement age. Honestly, if I lived close to Duke I'd apply. But it's an hour away with no traffic so there is that issue. I bet my medical would be cheaper. :-)
In other news...
UNG (ugly naked guy) was back from the shore with a new camper/trailer thingy. He was out last night with his no shirt and his ole belly hiding his shorts. God, I hope he was wearing shorts. Has the man no mirrors? Then on the other hand I think, gee what confidence that he just doesn't give a shit what others think. But then I revert back to, hey buddy have some pride and put on some damn clothes. He waved to us and we waved and Rick said, "Quick, quick turn around or he'll come over" So we went inside.
We're bad people sometimes. But he is so icky and redneck and a stereotype of something you'd see on cops.
Rick saw this shirt and sent it to me via text.
He laughs so hard at this. He says isn't this funny? Yes, it's cute but the way he laughs at it makes me laugh. I'm not laughing at the Dad joke, I'm laughing at my husband getting such a kick out of it. So I went online and found it and got it for him.
Here is a photo of his silly shirt. He will wear this to the gym proudly.
And Lastly, Jean over at Misadventures of Widowhood, told me to unplug our dishwasher. So we turned the power off and then back on a few minutes later. We think it's working. We ran a short cycle with no dishes and it opened the soap dispenser and the heat came on. We had no damn dirty dishes because we wash them all immediately after eating so we are loading that ole gal up now and see if it works. I want a new one but I just can't right now so hopefully it worked. And to think, these repairmen were going to charge me serious bucks. Are there honest service people anymore?

11 comments:
I love that shirt! I have a thing for the name Bob.
Jamie, ooh a thing huh? I think there's a good story there! Well you ought to get yourself one. 😀
I have a new favorite t-shirt that keeps turning up on my Facebook feed... says, "Intend your puns, you coward!"
My husband always worked around the house in the summers with just his jeans, no shirt. Now I'm wondering what the neighbors thought! hehehehe
The ick is real.
And that t-shirt? It's 100% hilarious.
Great blog
Please read my post
That's the first step for anything with a computer in it now. My coworker had an IT guy that said to restart 10 times before contacting him and it almost always fixed itself by that point lol.
I'm glad you had some nice people for your visit. You need some kind of fence or something so you can't see ugly naked guy!
The first comment made me think of my BOB. Battery operated boyfriend ;)
Maybe it is time to move. You certainly seem to be quite miserable.
bluzdude, I've seen that shirt online when I was looking for Rick's shirt. You too could have a new Tee for the gym :-)
Jean, I doubt it. Your man wore pants! This man is like Mr.Clean without the pants on the bottom. All you see is skin he shaves his head. It's a hoot. I know he has shorts under his belly but he's 400lbs if he's an ounce. It has become sport now, we wave and pray he is wearing bottoms. Just like on Friends.
DB, yep real ick. Oh no you too with the T-shirt?:-)
Julie, oh my goodness that's funny. I may try it next time with my computer. We have a fence, no kidding. Just not high enough. But as I said above, it's become sport and we get a kick out of it in a gross kind of way.
Paula, wanna give me 180K and I'll move. We are here now. We survive by making snarky remarks and being sarcastic. It's our survival mode. And the best stroke hospital in the US is here in our backyard so that too is a reason.
Post a Comment