I have decided that it should be mandatory that walking one's dog at 5am one should not be forced to have a conversation with other dog walkers. No talking before 7am. A wave will do. In fact no eye contact is even better.
This morning at 5:10am Izzy and I are walking to her favorite morning constitution area of the development. Needless to say, it is not close to home, not far, but really we have a grassy knoll across the street. But we walked 6 blocks instead. Every man in this 6 block radius was outside as well. I am not chatty Cathy in the morning, let alone having not even brushed my teeth or run a brush through my hair. I am not presentable and dang it, I don't want to be at 5am!! It is dark out and that is the only saving grace for me. As I walked home I was considering how I could be showered and presentable at 5am. Get up at 4a before Izzy? Hell no, I am just not doing this. Just stay away from me people.
Tom was chatty Cathy this morning. Going on and on about his in-laws coming in tonight from Connecticut. I don't care Tom. You and your wife are lovely but I just don't care right now.
Let's face it ladies at the age of 50 women are invisible to everyone, not just men. But at 5am boy, they all see me and want to chat.
Rick asked if I was wearing a bra. Hell no, not at 5am but I had on my oversized jean jacket all buttoned so they couldn't see squat.
Tom talked about his in-laws while I only nodded.
Could he not see I was miserable? Just as I was about to say, "tom I really have to get home," he stopped talking and said to have a nice day.
I will Tom now that you are walking away.
As I round the corner there is the man who has a new puppy.
The puppy irritates the hell out of Izzy.
Izzy the wonder dog is old and yappy little dogs annoy her these days. Not all puppies just certain breeds annoy her and for some reason, I find that funny. I did not make eye contact. But this man is all bright eyed and bushy tailed in his fancy suit.
He yells, Hey Izzy! OMG, he asked me all kinds of questions. It's too early I am screaming inside!
Finally, I said that I had to run along, as you can see I am not as far along in my morning routine as you and I would like to get dressed as well. HE.KEPT. TALKING.
I finally just walked away while saying, 'gotta go, have a good day!'
Dear me what does a gal have to say or do?
I felt bad but c'mon it's too early.
Rick always tells me that men can't take/get/see hints.
You have to hit them over the head with what you want.
I thought I did that and they still didn't seem to understand.
Rick suggested while laughing hysterically I might add, that I should tell them I have to take a shit and run away.
No one questions that he tells me. I am not doing that Richard!!
And honestly, would it even work?
He is getting up with her tomorrow morning, it's a Saturday. I'm off duty.
But for some reason, he only sees the cute blonde mommies of the neighborhood who fawn over Rick and the dog.
Rick loves being fawned all over at any hour.
How does this shit even work?
14 comments:
When I'm walking Levi in the late afternoon I don't like to talk to people. He wants to walk, I want to get it over with and back home again. It also puts a kink in the cardio work out I tell myself I'm getting on his walks. I can't imagine talking in the morning before sun is even out! You have my sympathy. Oh, I haven't told anyone "I have to take a sh*t" like Rick suggests but I have told someone I have to get back to the bathroom. It does work. LOL
well Jean, I may just have to say I have to go to the bathroom then. Anything. My nose may grow but at least I'm away from all the friendly people in the morning.
Maybe I'll Start getting up early to walk the dog so I can see cute blondes...... BWAHAHAHAHA...... NOT!
You are a saint for getting up at 5:00 a.m. No one should be sociable at that time.
Mike, they fawn over Rick all hours of the day. You won't have to get up early.
Barbara, I concur. Not the saint part but no one should be sociable at that hour!
5 in the morning? Not me only if I had to get u for my cruise and that's only once a year. Sorry Izzy my constitution is around 8:00 am.
See ya Peg and have a great Day.
Cruisin Paul
Good news....just google shirts or jackets that say "don't talk to me" and you'll find lots and lots of them. I heartily suggest you buy one immediately ~ :-)
Getting up and out at 5 is the reason I have no dog.
Easy solution... make a cross out of popsicle sticks and be ready to hold it up and scream, "Back away, evil soul-sucking vampire!"
Even if it's not a vampire, that ought to make people think twice about trying to engage with you. And if it IS a vampire, you're covered, too!
You're welcome. I always say there's a craft project for everything.
Who are these strange sociable morning people??
I don't feel particularly sociable when I'm walking the dog, no matter what time it is. I'm fine with a passing, "hey, good to see ya!", but I'm walking the dog. The operative term is "walking", not talking!
Ami, "a craft project for everything" that made me laugh out loud!
Abby, boy I couldn't agree more!!!
It's - hmmm, may look those up but since it's dark they may not see it. I may order it in neon.
Olga, I understand this very well.
I'm so not a morning person. Also I take my dogs out on a leash in my own yard and that's annoying enough, I can't imagine having to walk them around too lol
Post a Comment