A cousin of mine, Sarah, lives in Chesapeake Virginia.
It is about a 3.5 hr drive from her home to mine.
She called and asked about visiting this weekend. Great.
Then my niece calls and says she and her boyfriend are driving to Florida to visit her sister and the new baby. Can they stay one night at our home?
I say, absolutely.
Then she calls back and tells me the dates have changed and they are now coming on Saturday around dinner time. Oh of course you are.
So Friday night around 5ish Sarah arrives.
Saturday between 5-6 Ariana and Randy (boy friend) arrive.
Do you want to get your home cleaned and organized quickly?
Yeah, this will do it. I was told this all on Sunday night.
I made menus. I went to the liquor store.
I baked. I cleaned. I made for arrangements for activities to do with them.
Now on our 3rd floor is a great big room that we call the TV room.
This is my favorite room in the house. It is big but cozy. Filled with books and big ole leather chair and some theatre seats to watch TV.
Off to either side is a bedroom and in the middle is a bathroom.
You know a jack 'n jill bathroom/bedroom set up.
One of the bedrooms has the queen size bed.
The other has two twins. I got twin beds because so many who visited had kids. Once we had a brother and a sister. Old enough to not sleep together anymore but they could share a room for one night.
It also worked great when Rick's daughter visited with her stepsons.
Rick asked if I was making Sarah take the twin beds so Randy and Ariana can have the queen bed. I said no. Whoever gets here first gets the good room.
Randy and Ari can sleep apart for one night for Pete's sake. Besides they are staying here on the way back from Florida as well. They can have the queen bed then. Rick and Peg's hotel is far cheaper than the others, they get what they get.
I got Rick to clean the bathroom up there. I mean a tub guy can do great work on a tub and tile surround. Not that it's really dirty, no one uses it. He surprised me and cleaned the toilet too.
Everything up there is ready for company. Fresh linens, flowers, a basket of goodies should they have forgotten a toothbrush, shampoos, conditioners, lotions etc.
Rick came up stairs just as I was taking the vacuum back down. He looked around and proclaimed that I made this too nice and if I keep doing this company won't ever go home. That made me laugh. I just want everyone to feel comfy in our home, but it's not something he seems to understand.
Now in other sick news.
Is this real? Is this fake news? I am going to look into this further but I am afraid it could be real. If the dumb ass did indeed put her phone on vibrate and insert it into her vagina and then could not get it out. How is that the phone manufacturers problem? They need to have warnings not to shove this up your t-t now? Come on people. I think I'd be too embarrassed to even sue.
Go ahead read this article. I must admit I chuckled a bit.
I also think that I will think of this story each time I grab someone else's phone.
Ooh ick. Where did you have this?
Go ahead read the link - I shouldn't be the only one having this in my head.
UPDATE - IT IS FAKE NEWS. WHEW. I just didn't want to believe someone would be such a dumb f-k.
19 comments:
It's even funny that someone would make up a fake story like that and I'm sure it will give some fool an idea and try it.
You guest suite sounds really lovely and the excitement of company coming will be a nice diversion. I agree with your letting the unmarried couple take the twins but since they'll be using the room a second night I wouldn't let them switch rooms just because you'd have to wash all the sheets before the second night.
I was preparing to write a news flash about you, a saintly woman. Then you got to the t-t part and started giggling.
I usually check the pictures with google image search. The pictures in the story showed up here - https://kutv.com/news/local/woman-speaks-after-accusing-actor-tom-sizemore-of-sexual-abuse-on-ut-film-set
And here I thought you were teeing up all this cleaning, just to have everyone cancel.
I hate cleaning for no reason.
Jean, I'm just the opposite. I will wash all sheets and they can choose. I have to wash them anyway.
Susan, saintly? ha!
Mike - you have that kind of time don't you? :-)
Bluzdude - I'd actually have been happy if they canceled. I would have thought - all's clean - good weekend alone with less cooking and things to do around here. :-)
oh peggy.....you better believe that there are people that dumb. it takes all kinds to make up this world and dumb is a part of it.
i can handle dumb. i wish for a lot less haters though we don't need those
Like your first come first gets the queen solution. Only fair.
As for the phone, ask any ER doctor about the weird stuff people stuff into there private holes that sometimes needs surgical removal.
Geez Margaret, look at you go! My son asked us to watch his dog for a coupla days while he and the GF go up skiing, and I'm grumbling about the added work. I didn't even clean the bathroom!
I read that news story thinking, oh please let it be fake. Then I saw your update, thank God! I figured 1) I believe someone would be so stupid, but (2) whose t-t would be so cavernous as to not be able to remove a whole cell phone? and then (3) admit the whole thing for national news?
Enjoy your weekend guests!
Linda, too often dumb people are haters, look at those that follow the red hat. Most are not mensa's. :-)
Patti - I have a friend who works in the ER I have heard a lot of gross stories. Even seen that on Grays Anatomy. :-)
Abby - A dog doesn't care if your home is dusty or dirty. I don't want guests having extra dog hair on them etc.
Good point, how cavernous could that be. The whole thing made me laugh. As I stated to Patti, I have a good friend who works in the ER, I hear how folks they put up all kinds of things in their ooh-haa's and backsides.
There's an art to hosting, and it sounds like you have it down! It's both fun and a drag sometimes to have company staying in one's house. For instance, you've left something you wanted downstairs and now you can't race down naked to get it, lol.
I'm never truly surprised by fake news....but wow, that one is a doozy.
Margaret you are a much better woman than I am....or I'm lazier than you. I'd let company use the same sheets two nights without washing them in between which probably explains why I don't get as much overnight company as you do. I'm missing the "art of hosting" gene mention up above.
Heck I've talked about getting twin beds in my room lol
It's - I'm not so sure about having an art down. But I do like to make everyone feel warm and comfy in my home.
Jean - Oh I will let them use them 2 nights without washing. I misunderstood.
Hell I am not that motivated.
Julie - I have a king bed - it's like a twin seriously.
It's...that has actually been discussed nefore because we both sleep naked!
I had not heard that. OMG I will never touch another person's cell phone again. Absolutely stupidest thing I ever heard of.
What a great host you are!!!! And ick about that cellphone!
LOL! In my neverending hunt for knowledge, I look fo stories like that all the time, and scratch my head. I used to live in Virginia Beach, and one of our offices ws in Chesapeake, so I visited once or twice. Did I mention that I'm coming over to hang out in your tv room, and because the bathroom is super clean, there's definitely a chance that I'll never go home.(lol) Hugs and Happy Hump Day! RO
Ro - you look for stories where someone puts a foreign object in their woo-haa? :-) C'mon over. Everything is very clean and I just stripped the beds and remade them. So everything is ready for more company. We are fun - c'mon up! Although it's looking like we're moving to your area at retirement so you may see me for real. :-)
A perfect fun response to end my Sunday night!(lol) Hugs...RO
Post a Comment