If you aren't totally sick of political chatter this blog post is damn funny.
Just click the different color and head on over for some chuckles
I talk all day at my job. I have to deal with idiots all damn day.
I am tethered to the phone figuratively and it can be quite stressful for me.
And it's not just customers. It's salespeople, technical support, vendors, banks, insurance people, property management companies etc.
At night if my phone rings I just don't wish to answer it.
If it is Katie or my sister Jen or someone I just love to pieces, then yes I will pick up. But for the most part, nope!
If you call between 8 - 5 I will answer but don't expect it after hours until weekends. Some days it is just too much for me.
So you can imagine on Sundays when I hear the phone ring in the office how I cringe. My stomach begins to jump.
I know it is just a matter of hours and I have to answer and be on that damn phone.
We planned on doing nothing last Sunday.
It sounded wonderful to me!
I made a proclamation to Rick that I was not talking to people today.
I am being a hermit and I will only talk to you and Izzy.
He just laughs at me.
I didn't want to wear a bra, go outside, be amongst people.
Izzy won't walk with me alone if Rick is home so I was off the hook on that too.
I wanted to do things around the house, be with my two favorite people in my house. (Well, he was a favorite at the beginning of the day)
I was going to make a pie for Rick, do more laundry and just be home.
Maybe watch a movie too.
Then I walk into the dining room and the window is open a bit and I hear him outside saying to the neighbor, yes, to the sweet old woman across the street, 'that my wife can't talk to others on Sunday, it's her religion.'
OMG.
I hear her hearty laugh. I about died!
What is wrong with him? You don't tell people that.
Seriously you don't tell nice people that I am not talking to humans today.
When he came inside I ask him why he felt the need to tell her that.
He laughs as he does and says, "Oh Margaret, she knew I was joking around. Would you prefer I tell her you don't wish to wear a bra today instead? Or that you told me it was "too people-y outside?"
"God no. Okay, I get it, mister. But can't you just say nothing? Why did that even come up in conversation?"She asked what you and I were doing today. I told her nothing because you, well, you know the rest.
Why bother even asking him why he couldn't just say, "we're not doing much today, a lazy Sunday" and let it go. But nooo, not my Rickster. Nope. I didn't even bother asking him.
It's going to be fun when I see her again. Thankfully she is out of town right now.
It is like living with a child who you can't say anything in front of for fear he/she will repeat it. I have a dog and a child of 63.
18 comments:
I love no bra days. But most days are no talk day for me. They're over rated, trust me on that, Margaret. LOL
Jean, I wouldn't like no talk days from everyone. I wouldn't be as strong as you are. I know that for a fact!
Just no public. :-) It is a really big difference. I love being with Rick and chatting. I love talking to friends and family, but not the public sometimes. Yesterday was a perfect example of mentally and emotionally exhausting. I don't think people realize how difficult dealing with mean people all day affects you. It wears me down. I need to start meditating I think. Last night a good cry and a big hug from Rick helped.
It's always "too people-y outside". That's why I go to the grocery store at 11:00 at night.
Too people-y - I like that! Totally get it too. There are times I don't even want to hear the people on TV. One of the things I miss about archery hunting - the near total silence!
LOL that's too funny! That's been most of my Sundays lately. Gotta have at least one no bra day a week!
I agree with Mike. It is always to people-y outside for an introvert like me! Too bad men will never know the freedom of taking or leaving your bra off!!! Ahhhhhh!
Ha, ha , think I will add too people-y to my vocabulary. I've had days like that.
Peace Thyme makes a great point. Men will never know the joy of removing pointy toed shoes and a bra.
Peace - I'm an extrovert so that is saying somethin' isn't it?
Julie - that should be a law - no bra's on Sunday. :-)
Brian - walking in the woods/forest is the same for me.
Mike - I'm asleep at 11pm I may need to turn this around.
I work in customer service, phones and emails but mostly, unfortunately, phones. I'm so done with it; I've been at too long. So I absolutely understand what you're talking about!!
Pippa, oh I bet you do!! I'm sorry as well.
Patti, the list,spanx, heels and mascara and bra. 😂
Also, I had forgotten about Margaret and Helen so thanks for the reminder link. I love them, so hilariously real!!
Pippa - aren't they the best? I have a feeling it isn't those 2 women but some guy writing this stuff but always on point none the less.
It's your religion - ha!
This is why I just don't tell my husband some things - he'll repeat it.
Love no bra days, and THANK YOU for introducing me to that blog!
I love humanity but I hate people.
I am currently halfway through a no bra day, but have been talking to my husband. And several online friends, but that doesn't involve having to look at them or them having to look at me. :)
You need to have some 'ammo' ready for when you see the neighbor lady. Tell her that Rick is tending to his toenails or something. Comment about how pissed off he gets when the polish starts chipping off. Haha.
Hope you have a lovely no people Sunday.
That's hilarious! I think it is awesome that he supports you on "no talk" and "no bra" days!!! I am single so I have A LOT of these!!! HA!
Ami, gee thanks for the tips!!
Ann, well I do still talk to him. Just not other humans outside if I can help it. :-) I need to recharge my battery so to speak.
Post a Comment