This was left this morning on Square. Square, for those that don't know, is how we process our credit card transactions in the field. It's a little square disc that fits on your phone or tablet and you can swipe credit cards and give them a receipt right there at their home. It is so far superior to anything the bank offers as well as saving us on average $500-700 in bank fees monthly. That in and of itself is a good reason to acquire this free gizmo. No monthly fees, no range of transaction fees. One rate, all cards. Perfection. The man who invented twitter invented this as well.
What we don't like about the reviews on Square is that they don't go anywhere. No one sees them other than Rick or myself. Where if she put this on Yelp it would have been more helpful.
Here is her review of a job that was done on Monday morning.
Today, 7:26 am
Customer Service, Other, Quality, Thoroughness
The absolute best customer service we received throughout our lengthy home renovation project. Kudos to Peggy for her responsiveness to emails and great phone etiquette. My husband also reported great things about her colleague who did the actual refinishing.
________________________
The witch from Aetna showed up 1 hr and 15 minutes late with no phone call.
She lectured Rick to the point that he actually said to her to back off. He needs to exercise more, he needs to eat more this or that. He would say, I can't as your records must show I can't have fish or red meat that often. I really thought he was going to smack her. I could see him getting angrier and angrier. At one point she said something about his supplements and I said, "We were told you were here for an update on his meds, etc. You have that info now. We all know you have that information in your files as well so let's get to the real point you are here. Are you here to lecture? Are you here to advise us on something our doctor isn't? Because if that is the case, I would just ask you to leave because we don't need or want this treatment or service."
Now, ya'll don't know me well. I say things in my blog to vent here that I would NEVER normally say out loud to others, but I did right there. It felt damn good. This tall drink of water was a bitch with a capital B. She was condescending and a twit of about 30 yrs old. Her lecturing Rick didn't sit well with either of us. Perhaps we would have taken it better had she not gone on for a damn hour and wasn't so damn sanctimonious as well as condescending. Rick's eyes were the size of saucers after I said that. He looked at this Evelyn woman and said, "Agreed, I think we are done now." She kept saying, "but, but, but" Rick grabbed her jacket and handed it to her and I opened the front door. She left and we high fived.
I imagine we won't have coverage after that exchange.
So apparently Rick didn't know that he had to exercise more than his physical job, or that he had to lose 20+lbs or that he needed to take his medication the same time every day. Apparently, Rick is a friggin' idiot and should wear a helmet in the house. Honestly, she was a twit who needed to learn how to present. This could have been taken better if she had presented it in a better way. Attacking Rick from the moment she walked in was a stupid decision on her part. Yep, that's the belly she actually patted as she was lecturing him. She patted his belly as soon as she got into the kitchen. Who the hell does that to a stranger?
He grabbed her arm and moved it. She's lucky he was still calm at this point.
When she walked out of our home and we returned to the kitchen he said, "I say I have one of those drinks that she doesn't think I should ever have for the rest of my life. Would you like to join me, Miss? I laughed and said, "not this late but go for it."
And he did. I think that was my defiant husband doing something he was told not to do just because he can. There is still a 12 yr old in that 61 yr old body. And I love that kid.

8 comments:
Jesus WTF is she a trained doctor? I'd be complaining about her to the company.
I'm with Julie. You ought to leave a review of her visit with her company. She seemed way out of line to me. And good for you shutting her up like you did!
Julie and Brian - she works for Aetna. I fear that whatever she was looking for will make our insurance go through the roof again. I called this morning and no one gave a shit about her "doing her job"
Perhaps Rick should have put his hand on her belly and said "Congratulations, and when is it due?" Unless of course she was pregnant.
LL - that is exactly what he ranted about after she left. How would she like if I touched her belly and asked when her baby was due. You two think alike!!! I would have paid money to see him do that :-)
You should post a public commentary about that stupid word-for-woman-that-ends-in-UNT-and-it-isn't-aunt.
I would have asked to see her medical degree.
If you post this crazy shit on Facebook and ask people to share it, they will. You can send me a friend request and I sure will...
Next year you need to record this encounter. And have a party at the same time so more people can participate in the fun time.
I would definitely report her ass. And do it in writing, so you have proof, should you get dropped. (I don't think you/he will be.) That's just awful!
Post a Comment