Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Ear Worm

I watch The Voice.
They keep ripping on Blake and they sing different words to one of his awful songs. Last night they sang these made up lyrics, "I'll be your honey mustard, I'll be your chicken wings."  Everyone was laughing. Until now! I can't get that out of my head and I'm paying it forward.

This morning I sang the twang out of it while filling my coffee cup. Rick yelled at me, "STOP!  I don't want that ear worm all day today"  ha ha....I think I gave it to him.  Payback for a stupid song he would sing just to bug me in the late 80's.
It too was a country song. We saw this guy on a TV show, who knows what show but it wouldn't have been a country music show that we would be watching.
This guy was singing something about having a thinkin' problem (and a drinkin' problem) I remember my comment to Rick was something like, "Who would sing this dribble let alone saying you had a thinking problem?"  So Rick would do what I call "twang out" on it and sing it just to bug me. "I got a thinkin' problem."   For days that damn line of the song was in my head. I hated him for that. So I am hoping today while he is talking to customers he is hearing, "I 'll be your honey mustard, I'll be your chicken wings"  Oooh I'm evil like that.

3 comments:

Julie H said...

hahaha love it, I'm going to be singing that now!

Mike said...

Supposedly the way to get an earworm out is to sing it out loud.

Silver in AZ said...

It's a Small World. That's the one song that won't ever freakin' leave me if I hear it. LOL