Monday, October 19, 2015

Rolling Around In My Head Today....

**Oprah spent 43 million to buy into Weight Watchers.  Do you think she will have to do the plan now? Was that her incentive to buy WW, so she'd have to go on a diet? It's an odd choice to me. But when you have billions I imagine she has people to tell her if this is a good investment, I just find it a funny one.

**The Cubs aren't going to do it are they?  Not happy about the way this world series is playing out.  Don't care for the Royals and I DISLIKE THE METS IMMENSELY!!!!

**Sunday came and went and I even made beef stew and I have all my digits, nothing was burned including me. So all in all, a damn good Sunday unlike the last couple, don't ya think? I'm sure I will hear from the ER asking if I'm okay. 

**We've had a cold spell that we will snap out of tomorrow. Back to the 70's where it should be.  We had to put on the heat when I came downstairs and could see my breath. 
I thought it was time Sunday morning.  I made coffee and held my hot cup until the heat finally got the room to at least 62.  I fought turning on the heat because I really didn't want to go to heat this early.  Damn.  We just finished paying $250-300 a month for the air conditioning. 
The heat is always a bigger bill and I'm normally always cold anyway.
I wish we had more time between air conditioning and the heat.
I'd like fall until spring. I'm sure everyone would be up for that. Yesterday and today were winter. Not good. But better than my hometown who just had snow over the weekend!

**My mom called me this weekend to let me know they are not coming for Thanksgiving. 
My Dad is really not doing as well as he was.
He panicked when Mom told him they were coming. I have a lot of stairs and recently he has had a few "accidents" and he doesn't want to be here should that happen. As my mom explained, he would die if he knew I was even telling you this. 
One of his medications is causing this they believe so off to the doctors again today for him.  
Normally I don't go up north during the holidays. The first year we did do that we got stuck
there for a few days longer than we anticipated. Not a place I want to get stuck. 
Stuck in my family home with other family members who can't leave. That is a set up for bad mojo to come out.  It wasn't pretty. 
It always reminds me of my favorite Thanksgiving movie of all time called, Home For The Holidays.  It stars Robert Downey Jr., Anne Bancroft, Charles Durning, Holly Hunter, Dylan McDermott and Claire Danes to name just a few. It was directed by Jodie Foster. We watch this movie every Thanksgiving. It is always on TV every year.  I love Charles Durning and as the Dad here he is your typical dad of that era. (like my father) It's not a conventional movie, but I'm not a conventional gal, so this family's dysfunction makes me laugh and appeals to me as well as my hubby. I can't believe it's been 20 years since we first saw it. 
I dare you to watch it and not say, "that's my uncle, or that's my mom etc."
I have uttered the line Holly Hunter says so many times that after it was said in the movie my husband looked at me and whispered, they stole your line Margaret!
 " who are these people and where do I even come from?"

7 comments:

Julie H said...

Arg just left a big comment and it did an error lol.

So I heard on the radio that WW stock went up 50% after Oprah bought some.

Mike said...

I just turned the heat on the other night also. But I'm turning it off tomorrow for hopefully a few weeks.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, if Oprah loses weight I bet it will go up as well.

Mike, yes it will be 70's again in another day or two. Thank goodness.

Ms. A said...

We still have the AC on, but at least the nights are cooling down. So sorry for your dad and him being afraid to come for Thanksgiving. That really makes it tough when they get older.

Barbara said...

Hey Peg, I wish there were more days between air conditioning and heat too. I've had the door open a couple of times recently and each time I actually stopped to think the weather was especially nice, it was 68 degrees according to my phone. I would have thought something like 72 would have been closer to perfect but I guess my perfect temp has changed. Luckily we don't have winter until after the new year in Texas, aside from random cold days, so maybe I will get a few more 68 degree days.

flask said...

hey, peg! if it came down you the mets or the red sox, would you prefer global annihilation?

just askin'.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

flask...nope, I'd pick the Mets. That was an easy one!